QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 64|回复: 0

[职称英语真题] 2005年职称英语综合类B级考试真题(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:23:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  第2部分:阅读判断 (第16—22题,每题1分,共7分)+ v' B4 g: }% f& {
  阅读下面这篇短文,短文后列出了7个句子,请根据短文的内容对每个句子做出判断。如果该句提供的是正确信息,请在答题卡上把A涂黑;如果该句提供的是错误信息,请在答题卡上把B涂黑;如果该句的信息文章中没有提及,请在答题卡上把C涂黑。
/ s, [7 Z1 ?+ V/ X& y% N  They Say Ireland’s the Best
6 D# c4 Y$ f) r  Ireland is the best place in the world to live in for 2005.according to a life quality ranking that appeared in Britain’s Economist magazine last week.
9 i2 W) e/ [- r  The ambitious attempt to compare happiness levels around the world is based on the, y+ ^' v) v, m, _* F2 g4 Q- P
  principle that wealth is not the only measure of human satisfaction and well-being.
  W4 M# ^! e. k6 l8 c: z. x! d( O$ O  The index of 111countries uses data on incomes,health,unemployment,climate,political. g  ~; v' G% T; ^) @5 A8 d
  stability,job security,gender equality as well as what the magazine calls“freedom,family and
9 ?: g" q' }" N6 C0 g  community 1ife”
9 J4 b% Y% t5 C3 s( K  Despite the bad weather, troubled health service,traffic congestion(拥挤),gender inequality and the high cost of living.Ireland scored an impressive 8.33 Points out 0f 10.
: L$ w# u' G! X! f) _& @  That put it well ahead of second-place Switzerland.which managed 8.07.Zimbabwe.
4 |1 E5 m- M: D, W0 W6 o* P  troubled by political insecurity and hunger, is rated the gloomiest(最差的),picking up only 3.89points., j  ^8 Q! F6 n% ]
  “Although rising incomes and increased individual choices are highly valued.”the report said,"some of the factors associated with modernization such as the breakdown(崩溃)in+ o  A, w3 i$ |5 e7 n3 A3 E$ j* g
  traditional institutions and family values in part take away from a positive impact.”9 {& J$ q$ F" s/ `8 v
  “Ireland wins because it successfully combines the most desirable elements of the new
7 C3 R' S" [* z/ T4 }" B: I  with the preservation of certain warm elements of the old,such as stable family and community life”
/ M+ ?! l  i# A! S( c- O" |  The magazine admitted measuring quality of life is not a straightforward thing to do,and that its findings would have their critics.# L+ b) t2 u- l
  No.2 on the 1ist is Switzerland.The other nations in the top 10 are Norway.Luxembourg.
$ x) Q' u3 q2 T* c  Sweden,Australia,Iceland,Italy,Denmark and Spain.! P; B2 l2 d* x
  The UK is positioned at No.29,a much lower position chiefly because of the social and
% j  B  d( j+ W' `# A  family breakdown recorded in official statistics.The US,which has the second highest per capita
, e; f0 f2 T% U; v7 M  GDP(人均国内生产总值)after Luxembourg,took the 13th place in the survey China was in the
8 r. D5 a  A- w, n  n  Lower half of the league at 60th
0 [! x; p# L6 K% D1 k) c! Q  16 For 2,005 years,Ireland has been the best place for humans to live in
% y3 O7 Y8 z8 b  n5 T) @2 W8 j) P3 E9 v5 \  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned
+ M$ z( M, K+ q  17 Job security is the least important measure of life quality
. J/ }' V) n$ C. S& u  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned' I4 i) O1 s9 T/ w
  18 Cost of living in Ireland is pretty high$ F' k& Q8 k0 q
  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned& s# F. T% n* A
  19 Family life in Zimbabwe is not stable- ~- ]1 Z/ F) \8 k
  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned
* G. Q) z2 E9 Q$ _; j% B  20 Ireland is positioned at No 1 because it combines the most desirable elements of the new
1 q4 V) x' ]! ]0 J! [2 E- k7 h  with some good elements of the old
$ g3 U7 o' a/ U; p+ @9 d% ?+ o7 S  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned1 @  S1 F: e. K
  2l To measure life quality is easy.
% F# ~! k2 f$ v. e/ q9 z  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned- c2 C/ ]0 e, z  s) f' ]( C
  22 The United States of America is among the top 10 countries.0 R: @, V  g( E; J3 @" U; r
  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 21:29 , Processed in 0.179934 second(s), 21 queries .