QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 41|回复: 0

[职称英语真题] 2005年职称英语理工类B级考试真题(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:23:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  第二篇Credit Card Only Works When Spoken to
% g5 H. b& k; v3 r) `# a  A credit card that will not work unless it hears its owner’s voice could become an important4 }0 e; q) U: Z* O! U- \
  weapon in the fight against fraud(欺骗).; K! A. ^! a0 k
  The card requires users to give a spoken password that it recognizes using a built-in6 y2 O0 D* t: E
  Voice-recognition chip.The idea is to prevent thieves using a stolen card or fraudsters using$ r4 h6 L- n6 i% g
  someone else’s credit card details to buy goods online.
% e5 P  Z( l5 I( D  A model built by engineers at Beepcard in Santa Monica,California,represents the first
. Y# ^4 i1 }1 E# k  attempt to pack a microphone。a loudspeaker,a battery and a voice•recognition chip into a
& H  ?, \0 l. x- X  f  standard.sized credit card.7 \7 [3 e9 s6 I% w" _
  They are not quite there yet:the card is the length and width of an ordinary credit card,but it) d0 \# a8 }4 `  C
  is still about three times as thick.The company now plans to make it thinner.8 A, u) A# }& C2 g* W& L
  The voice card is based on an earlier Beepcard technology designed to prevent fraud in) N+ U; q2 @! `0 v; l  `/ c  H
  online transactions This earlier card has no microphone,but has a built•in loudspeaker that it4 t7 L% s  H. @& H2 A7 j
  uses to“squawk”(发出叫声)a voice ID signal via a computer’s microphone to an online server.
# E: C* V$ M+ l; ?6 B  By verifying(证实)that the signal matches the card details,the server can establish that the3 M0 d! c% v- j$ K% `
  user is not simply keying in a credit card number but actually has the card to hand.The ID code2 S' Q% W  T" D
  changes each time the card is used in a pre—ordered sequence that only the server knows.: z- G4 w" b5 r, f6 A# ^
  This prevents fraudsters recording the beeps,noting the card details and then playing back
' o* D6 M  J/ ]1 E1 _; R  x% w- F  the audible ID when they key in the details later But this earlier technology cannot prevent
/ |  r$ z" a  X6 j* R8 a  fraudulent use of stolen cards The new one can2 K) ]: O) x7 a% [( }4 C9 p
  The new voice card also identifies itself by its ID squawk.but it will not do this until it has+ S+ w0 L: n( N3 u, u  G! H
  verified the legitimate(合法的)user’s spoken password Thieves will be unable to use the card
% @3 ?1 @+ u3 Z5 B6 g7 K. Y. w% j  because even if they knew the password they would have to be able to copy the owner’s voice( R8 L" t+ \. t6 c! m, n; J
  with a high degree of accuracy; i; G' v3 S: X( I
  The challenge for Beepcard has been to develop voice-recognition and audio circuitry that7 W5 ]! u5 W+ A; R3 T
  Can be powered by a mini battery embedded(嵌入的)in a credit card.To maximize battery life,
" G9 n- P  y$ t) X. w9 d; Q1 k  the electronics are only switched on when the card is being used.Pressing a button on the card’s
* z1 `) [# n5 Y3 Z, J1 [$ C  surface prompts it to utter “Say your password ”in female voice If the voice—recognition software6 I, P8 n7 ?* W
  proves that the password is authentic(真实的),it sends its ID squawk which the server then
( m) P1 r& |4 l! ~  j4 U* J  identifies.allowing the transaction to proceed
* q: q5 E0 j+ N: Y% v* i8 u: i  36 The voice credit card is an important invention because4 @, C/ \& }0 Z; M. u$ }
  A it can be made cost-effectively.; C6 Y1 Y' k9 q9 g
  B it can leave voice messages,
% R. L& H" a% l' @6 U  C it makes online shopping easy2 \0 W8 M* b1 ]1 T9 O
  D it makes fraud difficult.  c, @! s3 k( T* K' e; ^' c& c0 X% x
  37 What is the problem which the model card?7 _! E3 Z5 Z& @% ~
  A It is too large.
: S* n4 `+ g" U! D' l. r  B It is toot hick+ @6 T  V  {1 t; f1 E7 o1 c
  C It can’t be used in online transactions% p4 K' O9 b/ G+ A+ h4 m
  D It doesn’t have a loudspeaker.! M  i; g- N5 ~7 v
  38 Which of the following statements about the earlier card is true?
- K9 C3 p* ?0 C. w, V4 C2 Z9 b: [5 C1 b  A Its owner can change the ID code freely, `* X  e  C4 {0 `, D# }* f1 ?
  B Its user does not need to key in the ID number.
% \" D$ V$ ^# [3 N. m- g# D  C It can record its user’s spoken password.
/ B  N! r% s; V0 w6 ], ?" ]: Q  D It still can be used by someone else after being stolen.
" V* c+ N4 q' e. p  39 What is the advantage of the new voice card?
# E+ c$ G" J6 N4 }- W- _5 J* i3 n% v  A It recognizes only its owner’s spoken password.) H+ N) z+ y# f; w/ b0 Z
  B It doesn’t need to work with an online server' Z( ^$ X# ]1 g; b! ?9 k. K
  C It requires less ID information.
- O5 d  l1 B# D3 L% d  D It has a playback function
) e5 t& b3 H7 E  40 What can we learn from the last paragraph about the voice card?! z. S5 E2 D8 A# [8 V8 U8 R0 U- s
  A Only female voice passwords could be recognized.# f# O6 o: c6 i& L- b
  B Further improvement should be made to extend battery life- w- w2 v# J/ z1 J5 x2 ]8 ]
  C There is no limit to its application.
7 D$ W1 t. V& c( W  D Female customers like to use it
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 15:39 , Processed in 0.302571 second(s), 21 queries .