QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 48|回复: 0

[职称英语真题] 2005年职称英语理工类B级考试真题(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:23:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  第2部分:阅读判断 (第16-22题,每题1分,共7分)
' t9 o. V; A  |+ F7 C  阅读下面这篇短文.短文后列出了7个句子.请根据短文的内容对每个句子做出判断.如果该句提供的是正确信息.请在答题卡上把A涂黑:如果该句提供的是错误信息.请在答题卡上把B涂黑:如果该句的信息文章中没有提及.请在答题卡上把C涂黑.
. D2 b1 I' p' P- X& ~' S0 ~  The Smog(烟雾)7 b* |, P7 R  n- N
  For over a month. Indonesia was in crisis. Forest fires raged out of control as the country
7 l2 K/ Y. \9 p  Suffered its worst drought for 50 years . Smoke form the fires mixed with sunlight and hot dry air to form a cloud of smog This pollution quickly spread and within days it was hanging over, o8 H, i; q9 x2 C# [; q$ N: a
  neighbouring countries including Malaysia.Singapore and Thailand
6 w. N: S- y7 W9 M* v; {: K8 F" U  When the smoke combined with pollution from factories and cars.it soon became poisonous' x3 j: Y* k) `8 \# s( v2 k
  (有毒的).Dangerous amounts of CO became trapped under the smog and pollution levels rose.9 J7 O! }! S& i0 C: ]5 {
  People wheezed f喘息)and coughed as they left the house and their eyes watered immediately.: B* b  Z! r5 i
  The smog made it impossible to see across streets and whole cities disappeared as grey soot! F$ x2 u  d5 v2 n7 j
  (烟灰)covered everything.In some areas,water was hosed(用胶管浇)from high—rise city# x. ^- M" C# r0 F8 r7 f1 Z
  buildings to tIY and break up the smog.
* G0 N0 b1 T4 a2 ~0 B, ?  Finally,heavy rains,which came in November,put out the fires and cleared the air.But the4 m( y$ o: T2 j) I
  environmental costs and health problems will remain.Many people from South-Eastern Asian
# p. V$ n+ i2 w  cities aireadv suffer from breathing huge amounts of car exhaust fumes(汽车排放的废气)and; p5 K9 r  Z3 f
  factory pollution.Breathing problems could well increase and many non-sufferers may have+ C# d6 ]+ b0 `' E) t
  difficulties for血e first time.Wildlife has suffered too.In lowland forests,elephants,deer, and( _' g2 O7 D% a+ f- [
  tigers have been driven out of their homes by smog.
0 J+ _+ J( z) Q% |8 j  But smog is not just an Asian problem.In fact,the word was first used in London in 1905 to
. V$ T* H0 n! p' O0 n  describe the mixture of smoke and thick fog.Fog often hung over the capital.Sometimes the
! E: \( S- t" I5 g, Q8 u- q  smog was so thick and poisonous that people were killed by breathing problems or in accidents., j0 b# [7 l! K9 z' r" Z- X
  About 4,000 Londoners died within five days as a result of thick smog in 1952.
+ o+ T& s! O6 s  16 Indonesia was in crisis because of the drought.
- h3 U3 a1 Z1 \, j( s' w6 z5 T  A RightB WrongC Not mentioned. u& _/ I- W6 p5 Q/ d1 a1 [
  17 The smog spread to neighbouring countries.
3 c- L3 X8 x- s) @$ w8 u/ D  A RightB WrongC Not mentioned7 Y1 O& W: T; I1 C6 T# _* l
  18 The air•pollution index went up t0 300 within a few days.
. U) L' N1 W& p  A RightB WrongC Not mentioned) [& a/ @4 T. w
  19 Water was used to try to break up the smog.
* O: S' G% J) [/ ?  A RightB WrongC Not mentioned
5 L5 W7 Q) K5 h; F1 _: G  20 Many Indonesians blamed the government for the drought.' t9 [/ g7 F3 t; M* m4 \+ [' R
  A RightB WrongC Not mentioned
4 `  X. q, s9 E  21 The forest animals haven’t been affected by the smog.
0 |- l0 g1 s, Q, |2 m- K1 n' t  A RightB WrongC Not mentioned
6 I5 Y* z. o; O9 Y3 x0 _$ Y! K% B  22 The word“smog”first appeared in 1952.4 a9 y) E+ B' [1 i6 @  ^5 O8 P. {
  A RightB WrongC Not mentioned
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 21:15 , Processed in 0.703856 second(s), 21 queries .