QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 70|回复: 0

[职称英语模拟] 2012年职称英语综合类完形填空练习及答案(6)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The Great Newspaper War
( C, f4 D$ G5 n# mUp until about 100 years ago, newspapers in the United States appealed only to the most serious readers. They used __1__ illustrations and the articles were about politics or business.
1 s( ?: |/ \% |% Q1 _1 M5 tTwo men changed that - Joseph Pulitzer __2__ the New York World and William Randolph Hearst of the New York Journal. Pulitzer bought the New York World __3__ 1883. He changed it from a traditional newspaper into a very__4__ one overnight. He added __5__ illustrations and cartoons. And he told his reporters to write articles on __6__ crime or scandal they could find. And they did. One of them even pretended she was crazy and then she __7__ to a mental hospital. She then wrote a series of articles about the poor treatment of __8__ in those hospitals.
& `6 ]4 g$ e/ l' L- [2 wIn 1895, Hearst came to New York from __9__ California. He wanted the Journal to be more sensational and more exciting __10__ the world. He also wanted it to be __11__, so he reduced the price by a penny. Hearst attracted attention because his headlines were bigger than__12__. He often said, "Big print makes big news."$ K1 v! B! d6 K6 ^! _% t& Y
Pulitzer and Hearst did anything they __13__ to sell newspapers. For example, Hearst sent Frederic Remington, the famous illustrator, __14__ pictures of the Spanish-American War. When he got there, he told Hearst that no fighting was__15__. Hearst answered, "You furnish the pictures. I'll furnish the war."% q1 }3 k  G1 I) C5 r$ C
EXERCISE:4 A& d( N& C) |1 Z. C' p0 {: u
1. A) no B) many C) a lot D) little$ ?  [3 c) g' \
2. A) on B) for C) in D)of
3 D# h! S4 P! o3 r/ M  Z) }; X3. A) on B) in C) at D) about- N* @, Z) K* I) |# i: e* H4 Q; x
4. A) excite B) excitingly C)exciting D) excited
) i( w4 s' g8 x: x5. A) a lot B) few C) a few D) lots of
- M9 l4 x  F. ]4 D* o0 x6. A) every B) all C) both D) many
( q1 z" |7 d$ e* O7. A) admitted B) was admitted C) could admit D) has admitted5 m5 }9 e7 K. E
8. A) patients B) patience C) patient D) patiences
; Z1 S5 l7 q# l9 l: }9. A) an B) the C) a D) /
" I  ]9 Q! u# S1 G6 o0 q0 K10. A) than B) as C) in D) for
' f/ ]  `0 f$ l1 |# o11. A) cheap B) cheaper C) cheapest D) the cheapest
1 e8 W( O" J/ g; @12. A) anyone B) anyone's C) anyone else D) anyone else's
; ~; @5 f0 B% Q1 d0 [" q! Z13. A) may B) might C) can D) could0 u7 b( x/ t9 H( X+ p8 S
14. A) draw B) drew C) to dray D) drawn
& ^; O6 {: s+ }  w& h& ~15. A) going B) going out C) going on D) going off9 {) s# L% V" x+ g
Key: ADBCDABADABDDCC
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 14:29 , Processed in 0.253910 second(s), 21 queries .