只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 61|回复: 0

[职称英语模拟] 2012年职称英语考试模拟通关训练营19

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  训练要求:阅读下面的短文,文中有15处空白,每处空白给出4个选项,请根据短文的内容从4个选项中选择1个最佳答案,涂在答题卡相应的位置上。
( l* G9 R7 m( i& v" T  Freezing to Death for Beauty
) L# V2 T$ ]+ [# O  People in Beijing wear a lot of clothing during winter to fend off the cold. In the United States, however, people wear    51    , partly because the car is the primary mode of transportation. Cars take   52   straight to their workplaces, which are heated well. The American diet is full of calories, so their   53    can afford to bum heat more quickly.
3 k; V/ O) u- a  Fewer layers of clothing give people the opportunity to stay   54   Lots of Yale girls wear skirts  55  when it's 10 degrees Centigrade outside. Some of them at least wear boots, tights, and leg-warmers. Some, however, really just go for the look   56   the risk of health. These girls have nothing to prevent their legs  57   the wind, and no socks to protect their feet. A mini skirt and a pair of stilettos are all that they wear.& W8 D; }: [0 f* y( T/ G+ [
  Typically, the ones pursuing fashion are   58   , with little body fat. Just by the nature of their bodies, they are already at a disadvantage compared with normal people in   59   weather. I have always    60   , whenever I pass these girls, how they manage to refrain from shivering and just smile like spring had arrived.
' r( P! l: ]. `' u  And then there are the guys. The girls can be said to   61    health for beauty. But why do guys   62   so little? It is not like, once they shed some layers, they suddenly become better-looking. They are not exactly being fashionable when they    63   wear sporty shorts and shower slippers in the midst of winter. It's not cute.
6 w) ~+ [* y2 j4 j! G! |! @  Of course, people have the freedom to look whatever   64   they want. I am just surprised that, given the vast difference between winter and summer temperatures in Connecticut, they can still   65   like they are partying on the beach in the middle of February.5 j7 L, j+ K8 j7 C  \4 L0 {! O
  51.  A) scarce      B) less        C) little        D) least/ E/ D- l7 M/ w3 \( |6 o
  52.  A) people      B) students    C) shoppers     D) them8 j4 o  x4 E- J6 n8 R( J( A
  53.  A) arms       B) heads        C) legs         D) bodies- W4 X6 l/ F0 L9 U" v3 q
  54.  A) bony        B) thin         C) fashionable   D) hungry
0 h) J6 k; Y& V6 D" N; P; C  55.  A) even        B) sometimes    C) frequently    D) occasionally
$ k8 {0 c) A: ^  56.  A) in          B) for          C) at          D) on
) X( O9 t# V8 u+ n" k) P6 f! I0 u  57.  A) with         B) against      C) above       D) under
  ~: D  S8 e& H. w+ h0 j' }  58.  A) fat          B) ugly        C) short        D) skinny/ [5 v! i# Q9 T* @* f" w
  59.  A) warm        B) cold         C) cool         D) hot
6 [* S1 n/ }; J. n! \  60. A) dreamed      B) stated       C) claimed      D) wondered! K5 c$ L( i! l: U1 K, h
  61. A) sacrifice     B) devote       C) suffer       D) endure4 n! l/ @( r; H
  62. A) bear         B) carry        C) wear         D) put on' f/ I, e" `. `( k: j
  63. A) only         B) seldom       C) rarely       D) hardly( Y" f0 n  [$ i9 J* ~1 r( |) y2 v( [
  64. A) method       B) road         C) way          D) avenue0 w  R2 A1 D4 K# ^; D
  65. A) see          B) resemble     C) show         D) look
# |, L; n/ O8 U7 `- @+ v; X  参考答案. _! O( t7 `4 X7 b) V
  51 B 52 D 53 D 54 C 55 A
" i7 q. P* k6 V2 g3 }  56 C 57 B 58 D 59
- I6 G2 N! J+ \  B 60 D 61 A 62 C 63 A 64 C 65 D
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 18:07 , Processed in 0.301730 second(s), 21 queries .