扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 67|回复: 0

[职称英语模拟] 2012年职称英语考试模拟通关训练营41

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  训练内容:阅读理解! q$ h; U- H0 h) ?7 \: g" z
  训练要求:阅读下面的短文,短文后面有5道题,请根据短文内容,为每题确定1个最佳选项。8 X3 J2 T% S; w2 r! v# f- K
  Two types of people
# w- E: N1 a# @  k  There are two types of people in the world. Although they have equal degrees of health and wealth and the other comforts of life, one becomes happy, the other becomes miserable. This arises from the different ways in which they consider things, persons, and events, and the resulting effects upon their minds.2 i5 m' i- N5 W* K% `! `$ b  c/ M
- z9 h) L5 Q( c
  The people who are to be happy fix their attention on the conveniences of things, the pleasant parts of conversation , the well- prepared dishes, the goodness of the wines, and the fine weather. They enjoy all the cheerful things. Those who are to be unhappy think and speak only of the contrary things. Therefore ,they are continually discontented. By their remarks ,they sour the pleasures of society , offend many people , and make themselves disagreeable everywhere . if this turn of mind were founded in nature, such unhappy persons would be the more to be pitied.
6 l* j/ W. F1 U) b& X6 K( W. ]4 u* Q  The tendency to criticize and be disgusted is perhaps taken up originally by imitation. It grows into a habit, unknown to its possessors. The habit may be strong , but it may be cured when those who have it are convinced of its bad effects on their interests and tastes. I hope this little warming may be of service to them, and help them change this habit.
7 }; q# Z" d0 b6 x6 U2 W! c; F  Although in fact it is chiefly an act of the imagination, it has serious consequences in life, since it brings on deep sorrow and bad luck. Those people offend many others ,nobody loves them, and no one treats them with more than the most common politeness and respect, and scarcely that. This frequently puts them in bad temper and draws them into arguments. If they aim at obtaining some advantage in rank or fortune, nobody wished them success. Nor will anyone speak a word to favor their hopes. If they bring on themselves public disapproval ,no one will defend or excuse them. These people should change this bad habit. If they do not, it will be good for others to avoid any contact with them.
/ O: P4 d, T/ @; u7 T, l1 R  36 what is the feature of unhappy people?
, |8 w/ r' R, Y9 a  [% n1 O9 L  A  they always consider things differently from other.8 {6 ~% q; R" s0 A9 f7 V  L
  B  they are usually influenced by the results of certain things.
3 T4 I4 e+ h: T0 T3 `2 Q  C  they can discover the unpleasant part of certain things
& E: m* l) D. c: \  D  they usually have a fault-finding habit.- t! x9 Y* i" {- r
  37 when those unhappy people meet others, they will
! N% ^1 v7 b" L  A  have a good taste of the pleasures of society.
- z  h1 E2 _2 c* V+ O, k* ^- i* k  B  feel depressed about the pleasures of society.4 I  Q% d/ D. @6 l% ?
  C  be happy with the pleasures of society.
3 _& u! s* j% H* Z6 J: E7 f  D  enjoy the pleasures of society.
* P+ C0 `0 H6 d, {  38 which one is the idea that the writer wants to show us?" I* T3 Y2 _; D8 R
  A  if they know the damage of their habits the unhappy people may overcome it.
. c& t( @% y- O; C& Y8 G+ C  B  if people are in misery, they will be critical about everyting.
; A/ C9 V# y% _# a  j% y, R$ u  C  we should not pity these unhappy people for their self-criticism.' H9 u( ~6 X$ P7 O* l3 y9 k
  D  these unhappy people are not content with anything they have.% A4 `/ Z, N; Q* E! a3 B' N
  39 what does the phrase “and scarcely that” in the last paragraph mean?5 J1 A' ]. L5 H' Z  D
  A  just like that.
* F: ^: \" b0 a4 g* j- u  B  almost not like that
$ P7 h) k: p" N6 @7 b* h. v# Y  C  more than that9 [$ o& h0 g0 C" j4 Z
  D  not at all like that
6 J* X  h2 h# R+ u. t3 `3 m  40 what is the writer’s advice for others if the unhappy persons don’t change their bad behavior?
) h9 k- W; i0 @. J* q6 P0 a8 w  A  avoid contact with them6 X' }4 f, h  h% m+ h
  B  criticize their misconduct% F  b% V4 J/ @! ~6 a
  C  help them recognize its bad effects
+ r4 ]1 Y3 L% c' z  D  show no respect and politeness to them6 I6 H7 ?% `* y1 O0 l5 e) G0 v
  参考答案: D B A B A
+ H6 {9 B7 c; w: X, d! x, M& K3 q4 x  答案解析:
8 H" T: W' l) A' a1 M1 I( F$ Q6 Y9 P, n  36 D  问题问的是:不开心的人的特征是什么?由题干关键词unhappy定位到第二段第三句的those who are to be unhappy think and speak only of the contrary things.可知,不快乐的人的表现是,他们总是看到或关注食物的负面,爱挑毛病。: t; }2 C. C* v) p5 ^
  37 B  问题问的是:当不开心的人们相遇会发生什么样的事情?由题干关键词unhappy,定位到文章第二段第三句。通过本段接下来对不快乐的人的描述可知,他们会使原本愉快的社交活动变得不愉快。
9 u2 U; @5 W/ e& p  38 A   问题问的是:作者向我们说明了以下哪种观点?根据文章第三段第三句the habit may be strong ,but it may be cured when those who have it are convinced of its bad effects on their interests and tasters.可知,当有这种习惯的人认识到这种态度给他们带来的不良影响时,他们也许会改掉这种毛病。
! Q7 d0 L8 e; G! w. v" m) t1 g( L  39 B  问题问的是:最后一段的“and scarcely that”是什么意思?scarcely 表示“是什么意思”?scarcely表示“几乎不是,几乎没有”或是“几乎还没”的意思:具有否定意义。因此,选项中只有B符合文意。
8 i2 ]  J6 e7 `+ n  41 A  问题问的是:如果那些不开心的人仍然我行我素的话,那么作者建议他人应该怎样做?由题干关键词change和bad behavior 定位到全文最后两句these people should change this bad habit. If they do not, it will be good for others to avoid any contact with them.可知,作者建议人们对这样的人最好采取回避的态度。题干中的bad behavior是文中bad habit 的转述。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 17:49 , Processed in 0.240388 second(s), 21 queries .