只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 68|回复: 0

[职称英语模拟] 2012年职称英语考试模拟通关训练营32

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  训练要求:阅读下面的短文,文中有15处空白,每处空白给出4个选项,请根据短文的内容从4个选项中选择1个最佳答案,涂在答题卡相应的位置上。
2 n3 H' ^3 K8 `$ |' o( H$ X  Racial Prejudice
& d0 F1 \7 v1 Y/ {( r  In some countries where racial prejudice is acute, violence has been taken for granted as a means of solving differences; and this is not even questioned. There are countries________(1) the white man imposes his rule by brute(粗暴的) force; there are countries where the black man protests by________(2) fire to cities and by looting and pillaging(抢劫). Important people on both sides, who would appear to be reasonable men, get up and calmly argue in________(3) of violence as if it were a legitimate(合法的) solution, ________(4) any other. What is really frightening, what really________(5) you with despair, is the realization that when it comes to the crunch(关键时刻) , we have made no actual________(6) at all. We may wear collars and ties instead of war-paint, but our instincts remain basically unchanged. The whole of the recorded________(7) of the human race, that tedious documentation of violence, has taught us absolutely nothing. We have still not learnt that________(8) never solves a problem but makes it more acute. The shear horror, the bloodshed and the suffering________(9) nothing. No solution ever comes to________(10) the morning after when we dismally(阴郁的) contemplate the smoking ruins and wonder what his us.
2 f# k2 h- B) i9 ]+ ]6 V  The truly reasonable men who________(11) where the solutions lie are finding it harder and harder to get a hearing. They are despised, mistrusted and even persecuted________(12) their own kind because they advocate such apparently outrageous things as law enforcement. If half the energy that goes into________(13) acts were put to good use, if our efforts were directed at ________(14) up the slums and ghettos(贫民窟), at improving living-standards and providing education and employment for all, we would not have gone a long way to________(15) at a solution.
9 |" e- n5 m5 B  1. A  where            B  what           C  why              D  when% Q4 I. v9 A0 U5 Z) ^2 `* _
  2. A  fighting            B  retuning          C  catching           D  setting  ~2 P7 U3 _2 |, C5 a" m; I" e
  3. A  spite             B  memory        C  need             D  favor
) X" U: W. [  h; u  4. A  to               B  through         C  like              D  as8 |: o' u3 J+ b  G$ B$ a: o6 f
  5. A  fills              B  puts             C  forces            D  sets" m: m& G' r! O1 T
  6. A  progress            B  decision         C  point            D  sense( o# O. k) [+ v. `' v, T( i% m2 T
  7. A  system             B  history         C  roll            D  gather  ?4 @" n5 |' d+ \% ^
  8. A  argument           B  violence          C  talk           D  research% A& V0 ]0 x, G2 [1 S( X0 p
  9. A  deal             B  have            C  mean            D  want# i# y3 c, K7 L& k# v
  10. A  light              B  life             C  end           D  mind
$ x- W7 w8 r0 J) T  11. A  suggest          B  demand          C  consider           D  know8 Q' U4 i! ^+ E! @2 E& @0 f; R- x
  12. A  by             B  for            C  with             D  of. _# V) R, \, E  t( R
  13. A  final             B  lawful            C  violent            D  symbolic/ \! M3 z" Y" m% @* W' H  [
  14. A  looking            B  taking         C  getting          D  cleaning! E; \' e3 s! |2 l0 B! A; H
  15. A  meeting           B  laughing        C  starting           D  arriving7 L- V# F" X1 s+ ~- j: U
  参考答案:ADDCA ABBCA DACDD
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 15:47 , Processed in 0.266905 second(s), 21 queries .