QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 57|回复: 0

[职称英语模拟] 2012职称英语卫生类考试B级概括大意练习(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
概括大意与完成句子(第23~30题,每题1分,共8分) 4 U( j& i6 a; W1 g
  阅读下面这篇短文,短文后有2项测试任务:(1)第23~26题要求从所给的6个选项中为第2~5段每段选择1个正确的小标题;(2)第27~30题要求从所给的6个选项中选择4个正确选项,分别完成每个句子。请将答案涂在答题卡相应的位置上. 0 O2 e$ u9 `/ A8 B. C
  English and English Community
) N6 }: g2 K: X3 i  1 There is no doubt that English is a useful language.The people who speak English today make up the largest speech community in the world with the exception of speakers of Chinese.
2 B3 U2 A% P" G9 ]/ _! x0 P  2 A speech community is similar to other kinds of communities.The people who make up the community share a common language.Often they live side by side, as they do in a neighborhood (街坊),a village,or a city.More often they form a whole country.National boundaries,however,are not always the same as the boundaries of a speech community.A speech community is any group of people who speak the same language no matter where they happen to live.
- G% _; J7 F8 h1 }  3 We may say that anyone who speaks English belongs to the English speech community.For convenience(方便),we may divide the speakers into two groups: one in which the speakers use English as their native language, the other in which the speakers 1earn English as a second language for the purpose of education,commerce,and so on. ) M1 c- W1 B! q: w8 {* L4 [
  4 Learning a second language extends one’s vision and expands the mind.The history and literature of a second language record the real and fictional(虚构的)lives of people and their culture;a knowledge of them adds to our ability to understand and to feel as they feel.Learning English as a second language provides another means of communication through which the window of the entire English speech community becomes a part of our heritage. 0 U& [' u' V  v9 L7 E5 a
  23 Paragraph 1 ( F/ o, y. L* N
  24 Paragraph 2 + I* k# A8 v( n' R
  25 Paragraph 3
$ _1 }/ Y5 \( h. E. R* K  26 Paragraph 4 9 C, \% O) [1 o
  A Threat Posed by English
# p6 N2 E* i  ^/ Y8 K. s; z  B Definition of a Speech Community / R' p- b- ]5 n# R. x4 R
  C Benefits of Learning a Second Language 3 Z' u+ |4 _9 R
  D Advantages of Learning Chinese 1 F# G: j1 x; {4 H( }2 n
  E Two Groups of the English Speech Community # I' w$ f5 P( ]
  F A Widely Used Language ! e; }8 t& R. u( h, N$ g
  27 Overall there are more speakers of Chinese than of . $ k0 g8 S  R% R+ ?. q5 z! \( H
  28 The boundaries of a speech community may be different from . / m9 X3 \7 G+ I+ g8 n  V
  29 People who live in different places may belong to . - l( n! o' x+ c  |0 v. k
  30 Many people learn English as .
+ o7 B# M& S6 X+ D3 L3 Q1 u: G  A a second language
, J4 y8 |' l+ h" u4 M! W  B the same language
9 `4 [  Z; o0 a  C the same speech community
! N7 J# A$ t% Z* s# T# Q# G  D any other language
  }% y6 L8 O# m  E national boundaries " z3 `# `3 D# \! u
  F a part of one’s heritage
- E+ Y$ \& v9 m0 K7 S# V) W( a, n: A) E4 u0 K
  答案解析 外语学习网, p0 Q' C  O& [4 K% u
  23 F 文章第一段介绍说世界上除了汉语之外,应用最广的就是英语了。 7 N6 F) k, c2 ^; ^* O
  24 B 文章第二段主要讲的是什么是“a speech community”,即“a speech community”的定义。
. y" A4 I! d4 Q0 |$ B( |, W  25 E 文章第三段进而将“the English speech community”分为两组,即以英语为母语的人为一组和以英语为第二语言的人为一组。
) H$ e; A4 I. ~+ |3 v  26 C 文章第四段主要讲学习第二语言的益处。
' ]0 W8 b3 F2 y- X" R- {: Y& F9 `  27 D 从文章第一段可以得知,说汉语的人比说任何其他语言的人都要多。 6 j% R3 d. l$ k/ B4 S
  28 E 从文章第二段可以得知,“a speech community”的边界与一个国家的边界有可能不同。
0 c. \; ^3 s; y) U% @5 |' ?* J% W) C6 d  29 C 从文章第二段可以得知,居住在不同地区的人们却有可能同属一个“speech community”。
( U" d' K* i3 w# i/ ^$ Q  30 A 从文章第二段可以推断,许多人将英语作为第二语言来学。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 16:47 , Processed in 0.235628 second(s), 21 queries .