QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 59|回复: 1

[职称英语模拟] 2012年职称英语理工类完型填空模拟题3

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 A Biological Clock/ G! M( V* z9 u; u( p# x8 {, f
  Every living thing has what scientists call a biological clock that controls behavior. The biological clock tells _____1___ when to form flowers and when the flowers should open1. It tells _____2____ when to leave the protective cocoon茧 and fly away, and it tells animals and human beings when to eat, sleep and wake.
1 K( j. I0 o; p2 d0 Z, N  Events outside the plant and animal _____3_____ the actions of some biological clocks. Scientists recently found, for example, that a tiny animal changes the color of its fur ____4_____ the number of hours of daylight. In the short ____5___ of winter, its fur becomes white. The fur becomes gray brown in color in the longer hours of daylight summer.
+ ~; X4 W2 ]: ^( c  Inner signals control other biological clocks. German scientists found that some kind of internal clock seems to order birds to begin their long migration _____6____ twice each year. Birds _____7_____ flying become restless when it is time for the trip, ____8___ they become calm again when the time of the flight has ended.
4 U% ~; P/ Q8 e0 T2 ~7 w4 E8 k" b8 s  Scientists say they are beginning to learn which ____9____ of the brain contain biological clocks. An American researcher, Martin Moorhead, said a small group of cells near the front of the brain ____10____ to control the timing of some of our actions. These ____11____ tell a person when to _____12_____, when to sleep and when to seek food. Scientists say there probably are other biological clock cells that control other body activities.
2 e) T+ P6 P9 U4 y$ ~  Dr. Moorhead is studying _____13____ our biological clocks affect the way we do our work2. For example, most of us have great difficulty if we must often change to different work hours. _____14____ can take3 many days for a human body to accept the major change in work hours. Dr. Moorhead said industrial officials should have a better understanding of biological clocks and how they affect workers. He said ____15____ understanding could cut sickness and accidents at work and would help increase a factory’s production.
) F1 g1 e! x- T. m; }# z) T3 T  词汇:" P: Y. y1 H4 k% w" h  l% C$ R
  biological adj. 生物(学)的 migration n.迁徙
: v0 @5 Q- @; T  insect n.昆虫 restless adj.焦躁不安的5 }" h' v/ z. |4 {8 N5 H$ J
  cocoon n.防护卵袋,茧 contain v.含有
: r5 p- w, J* n$ r1 W  fur n.软毛 cell n. 细胞2 w1 @& `- O: S, m) v5 \" [
  注释:+ n+ {7 i" v& q4 X; K
  1、 句中谓语动词tells 的宾语有两部分组成。 第一部分是when to form flowers, 是带疑问浮词的动词不定式,第二部分是when the flowers should open, 是名词从句。从修辞上说,两者有些不平衡。0 m9 [, d; |8 k) Q4 t4 A3 C
  2、 …the way we do our work 可以理解为中华考试网the way in which we do our work 或the way that we do our work. 实际上,三种说法都成立。如:He speaks English the way the English people do. I don’t understand the way in which he dealt with the matter.
' T( h9 I5 W( |* U! H; E5 D, H4 @/ L* e: b& M  3、 take 作“花费,花去”解时可用于几种不同的句型:$ Y' j3 _: K1 ^0 K' R
  It will take me five days to complete the work.: |" p' i) l0 t" n; V7 P
  The work will take me five days to complete.
/ D- {! |! `% r2 Z0 V! H  To complete this work will take me five days.
& H' X* G' M# g: m3 }" B; |: X1 F/ k* S8 F3 _' T* }, E( U% g

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:27 | 显示全部楼层

2012年职称英语理工类完型填空模拟题3

练习</p>  1. A) scientists B) humans C) plants D) animals( `) Z& e: z6 u, ?; h/ g& o
  2. A) insects B) birds C) fish D) snakes5 Y: h7 J" ?% n4 b9 z
  3. A) effect , 达到 B) affect 影响 C) effected D) affected/ w" c* e9 e+ n2 S3 {0 ]: L6 M+ _
  4. A) because B) for the reason that C) because of D) since
. n* S+ `8 T; s$ |  5. A) months B) days C) minutes D) weeks
7 _7 R$ c: Y. Z! k  6. A) flight B) fly C) movement D) transportation
3 \. |- s1 L( R- r* d  7. A) prevented from阻止, 妨碍 B) ordered by C) helped by D) intruded on( }6 B2 P5 O/ Z4 w, C/ @" y
  8. A) and B) but C) therefore D) however
( \7 g: o2 f4 \7 M6 g  9. A) portions B) parts C) sections D) kinds
+ w& F! Z5 O* l  10. A) try B) tries C) seem D) seems
" [) B4 J, [. P2 q$ I( S  11. A) things B) parts C) cells D) actions
" C5 l+ m6 b' L6 c8 ?  12. A) awaken B) wake C) awakening D) wake-up
$ B) X0 F9 x9 i. G+ x1 n  13. A) how B) why C) where D) what
# h, G+ _( `  _8 x) E  14. A) We B) It C) They D) You
% T5 `; [7 s; R& r5 G5 R  15. A) so B) with C) such D) if, x9 X+ G: D2 n8 e* M
  答案: CABCB AABBD CAABC
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 16:43 , Processed in 0.443212 second(s), 23 queries .