QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 136|回复: 0

[职称英语模拟] 2012年职称英语卫生类B级概括大意强化练习题(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
English and English Community  ; n( k* E. g. k2 i0 w$ _
  1 There is no doubt that English is a useful language. The people who speak English today make up the largest speech community in the world with the exception of speakers of Chinese.
8 W" y: F8 q+ w# X: N  2 A speech community is similar to other kinds of communities. The people who make up the community share a common language. Often they live side by side, as they-do in a neighborhood (街坊), a village, or a city. More often they form a whole country. National boundaries, however, are not always the same as the boundaries of a speech community. A speech community is any group of people who speak the same language no matter where they happen to live. " j. n, R2 y! G* O7 ?* o/ z
  3 We may say that anyone who speaks English belongs to the English speech community. For convenience (方便), we may divide the speakers into two groups: one ig which the speakers use English as their native language, the other in which the speakers learn [English as a second language for the purpose of education, commerce, and so on.
8 r7 K0 [' o* D: n+ v/ t9 |  4 Learning a second language extends one’s vision and expands the mind. The history and literature of a second language record the real and fictional (虚构的) lives of people and their culture; a knowledge of them adds to our ability to understand and to feel as they feel. Learning English as a second language provides another means of communication through which the window of the entire English speech community becomes a part of our heritage. # B6 U/ _2 J  T
  23 Paragraph 1_________. " ]/ R/ ^% X* {2 N7 D/ X
  24 Paragraph 2_________. " _% h% U2 F6 m( @1 G
  25 Paragraph 3_________. ( b% u9 k7 I7 H; I- r1 K! H- \2 M
  26 Paragraph 4_________. - U$ g' |* E0 J5 P  @" h' v- y* w! P" e
  A Threat Posed by English 9 ]3 \6 h/ q" z) q- y
  B Definition of a Speech Community ( j' ~8 F  [7 G; w& r  I
  C Benefits of Learning a Second Language
8 s+ j+ g; ^' y" K  D Advantages of Learning Chinese $ l6 A- T) u7 i$ U, ?6 `: r3 l$ t
  E Two Groups of the English Speech Community
3 _8 q. j% z$ {  F A Widely Used Language - |3 i" v8 t7 c. v5 u
  27 Overall there are more speakers of Chinese than of_________.
6 ]4 n6 ?& s; c& C( R  28 The boundaries of a speech community may be different from_________.
' @" Y% X7 D5 x9 z, w' d  e. D* F  29 People who live in different places may belong to_________. $ t( J0 u4 m5 X
  30 Many people learn English as_________. 4 t/ t) ]' s2 F' |% t: t
  A a second language # ~9 u( K: v( G
  B the same language
2 l& Z  _' E& U' J7 m  C the same speech community ! S$ O" T! ]0 L: S* n
  D any other language
- s* [$ e1 ~5 Y/ D! K7 o  E national boundaries
/ n& z- R0 d4 ]  |5 f  F a part of one’s heritage
7 Q! K$ u4 W! I* D% S  U  答案:
+ L6 X8 }# p$ s  23. F  24. B  25. E  26. C ) p9 {4 U& n& @5 j  K  C+ B
  27. D  28. E  29. C  30. A
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 18:18 , Processed in 0.281094 second(s), 21 queries .