QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 61|回复: 0

[职称英语模拟] 2012职称英语综合类B级模拟练习01

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Safe coffee drinking of pregnant women  ' W/ \7 V  c0 G! x
  1 researchers found no evidence of a link between prematurity ,birth weight and the amount of caffeine consumed by mothers-to-be. % x, H# B* F" P8 e
  2 previous studied suggested caffeine might harm unborn babies as is stays in the system longer in pregnant women, passing easily to a growing baby. Health officials have warned that a high caffeine intake could affect birth weight or the chance of having a miscarriage , pregnant women are advised against drinking more than four cups of coffee a day-or six cups of tea. & A' q! }$ h  a
  3 the study ,by the university of Aarhus in Denmark ,recruited more than 1,000women before they were 20 week’s pregnant, who drank at least three cups of coffee a day. The group was split into two, with 568 women drinking ordinary instant coffee and 629 drinking decaffeinated. The authors then monitored the birth weight of 1,150 newborn babies and the length of pregnancy for the babies.
' q6 Y* j% d* g( k  4 the study, published by the British Medical Journal, found “no significant difference” between the two groups for birth weight or length of pregnancy. The researchers concluded that a moderate reduction in caffeine intake in the second half of pregnancy had “no effect” on the outcome.
1 ?+ d- n8 H0 }# C8 z  5 the women were not told what type of coffee they were drinking ,and the research was adjusted to take into account factors such as age, weight and whether the women smoked. When the adjustments were made, the average weight of babies born to women in the decaffeinated group was a mere 16g higher than those born to women in the caffeinated group, the study said. The average difference in the length of pregnancy was less than two days. , Z, u* Q  \( u! m& x
  6 A spokeman for the British Coffee Association said:”this new study is very interesting and supports the consistent advice given that pregnant women should stick to a safe upper limit- in line with guidance issued by the Food Standards Agency. This equates to three cups of brewed, or four cups of instant coffee.”
, m. y1 u( \% @7 E8 o% @+ ]# M9 F  A debate about caffeine intake & r6 E9 S; v5 W  {5 K
  B experiment done on the influence of caffeine
) ~1 K. k4 l' ~6 P7 b1 [3 |  Ceffect of caffeine intake on babies and pregnancy.
9 }& |% E, a4 ], S$ M0 b  D traditional ideas and warnings about caffeine
: E, W1 Y! d6 \1 \  E scientific caffeine allowance $ h2 W2 V! W! o& G
  F advantages of caffeine intake ' |  u4 r" ~" l, k
  1paragraph2___________________ - f% y7 K5 j1 I# h, S
  2paragraph 3__________________ 6 F, W  h  Y% x* i4 t
  3paragraph5___________________
4 [* m4 X  y1 C, ?! L7 b5 y& c: f  4paraghaph6___________________ : _& w+ q9 N1 C; G% N
  5according to the health officials, a High caffeine intake___________.
8 J4 X* J/ t6 {- i6 q  6it is advised by the officials that a Pregnant woman___________. 8 a4 i% X( L. ^$ C5 O( I
  7the study conducted by university of Aarhus________________. ; y% x8 g5 e/ g5 P) e
  8According the new study, a pregnant woman________________. - s9 ]& r5 P! ?
  A should drink moderate cups of coffee and tea.
' }# q* ^* [( V; J3 X6 ]& [  B showed little difference in the length of pregnancy from the two groups
7 P6 u& ?& M+ u$ F8 B  C should keep away from the instant coffee and tea.
/ x# W7 e* ^# Y& I2 s6 Z' ]7 n  D increased the possibility of abortion. 5 t- O. h# A  h8 l6 Q# ?2 {- `
  E should drink no more than three cups of brewed coffee. 3 o8 s  x; ~6 f! u- `: m& t
  答案:D B C E D A B E
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 12:43 , Processed in 0.469364 second(s), 21 queries .