QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 119|回复: 1

[职称英语模拟] 2012职称英语综合类A级模拟练习40

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Riches and Romance From France’s Wine Harvest   
+ w9 ^; Z+ |, X+ V  September is harvest time. And with bunches of grapes swinging (摇摆) in the wind, the vineyards of southern France are getting ready to celebrate it.  . m# }* b: K: r% e. c
  The yearly wine festival is held in honor of Bacchus, the Roman god of wine. It’s a fun time with parties, music, and dancing, big meals and, of course, lots of wine.  ) y* l# C( ^* i" C  E, O
  French wine-making began more than 2,500 years ago. The world’s oldest type of vine grows in France and always produces a good quality wine. Today France produces one-fifth of the world’s wine, and some of the most famous varieties.  
9 `& h+ G+ P1 F' s' M- H  The top wine-producing areas are Bordeaux, Burgundy and the Loire Valley.  
) _4 ~8 _% i7 ?9 k% M3 [, y  Champagne, a drink used in celebrations, is named after the place where sparkling (有汽泡的) wine was first produced in 1700.  " g9 X- h7 A3 k  h& Y. Q1 a
  Wine is made from the juice of freshly picked grapes. It is the sugars that turn into alcohol.  
* `  A6 l7 x, u. H; Y  Traditionally, people used to take off their shoes and crush the grapes with their bare feet to bring out the juice. Nowadays, this practice is usually carried out by machines.  
$ t# x8 v) F/ k  Each wine producing region has its own character, based on its type of grapes and soil.  $ d1 U6 `7 j$ h
  The taste of wine changes with time. Until 1850, all French champagne was sweet.  
" z$ H# d. c% K7 d6 B4 p8 V  Now, both wine and champagne taste slightly bitter.  % L* X2 f$ Q  N/ x" g
  The drink has always been linked with riches, romance and nobleness. Yet the  - a: `6 U5 Y! i3 j& }
  French think of it in more ordinary terms.  
6 W* z% u# Z! T- ]5 ^5 ?  They believe it makes daily living easier, less hurried and with fewer problems.  ) `* D- [4 |, j; o* n
  "Its entire links are with times when people are at their best; with relaxation, happiness, long slow meals and the free flow of ideas," wrote wine expert Hugh Johnson.  ( J$ ~; {' c5 S6 r& g, u# D% |$ w
  1 All French people celebrate the grape harvest every September.  
' N* B- E. w4 A# Y, ~  A Right  
' V8 E1 W, i9 L+ s  B Wrong  
* Z% G: P- g" Z7 h  C Not mentioned
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:27 | 显示全部楼层

2012职称英语综合类A级模拟练习40

2 In the yearly wine festival, people always enjoy themselves.  ) P, w/ o6 ~* [' r; I( ~
  A Right  
1 {  a$ e0 b" p. F, W' f  B Wrong  
# t9 u. l" [" ]1 C  C Not mentioned  
4 G/ n% Q" O' l, m- V1 x  3 Wine-making in France has a history of over 2,500 years.  " Y- o4 Z3 c' x; r
  A Right  5 B1 G+ E0 M* K. j8 R
  B Wrong  
3 d: u- _/ v, h" R3 A  C Not mentioned  
! p$ p0 ^/ z1 ]  4 Many varieties of wine produced in France are named after places.  
4 l! i7 P7 f' h% L+ ~  A Right    v# {  V' {( N+ F& A/ g
  B Wrong  
  u# D# u3 s! ?8 Q; D  C Not mentioned  $ a( y% M1 ^  s8 g/ |. D; x
  5 Different regions in France produce different types of wine.  . C4 t# M) ?$ E7 P. {
  A Right  
  E4 f8 L( e3 d  a8 q  B Wrong  ) ]3 ^) ?0 N' i. i, s* W$ V
  C Not mentioned  : Q6 p, A, X! _/ `
  6 French wine will taste sour (酸的) in future.  
3 O1 }5 U- M0 r  A Right  
. S+ l9 H9 H5 \0 L" a) n' A- Y  B Wrong  
" ~. s  U  a* f5 B# q1 @5 K  C Not mentioned  
6 Z3 G0 R# R" {& w$ f& r$ o  7 The French people believe that drinking wine is a good way to relax.  
! t2 Z5 [2 V- O* Q: i. T  A Right  9 y" P+ @& l# \0 o; K* U
  B Wrong  
$ O5 R. s" W$ z, D# N  C Not mentioned  9 n3 s* _1 u. k) g# h4 ?
  答案 1.B 2.A 3.A 4.C 5.A 6.C 7.A
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 11:18 , Processed in 0.171383 second(s), 23 queries .