QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 1

[职称英语模拟] 2012职称英语综合类A级模拟练习37

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
"Lemons" in Used Car Market  . r, N5 G$ b+ F. a1 T: u& t' X
  Suppose that you, a college student of somewhat limited means, are in the market for a used pickup truck. The following ad in a local used car publication catches your eyes. , M; K: Y3 I' t! e+ U" R: j- k& N
  1993 Ford Ranger, bilk, 4WD, a/cAM/FM/cass., showroom condition.
  u. a; C8 P, }. A; H5 [+ C  Call 555-1234 after 5 p.m. $ c3 S; g9 L) K/ B
  This is exactly the kind of vehicle you want, so you call to inquire about the price. The price you are quoted over the phone is $2,000 lower than the price for this model with this equipment listed in a used car guidebook. Instead of being ecstatic, however, you are suspicious. 6 z& G0 c2 {4 ?7 E" m( {( ~7 ]7 g
  For many products, when you must pay less than the going rate, you believe you are getting a great deal. This is not necessarily the case for used cars or other durable goods(washing machines and television sets, for example) because with expensive products-or, what is essentially the same thing, products with high replacement costs-you must be particularly careful about getting a "lemon." Or a product of substandard quality. - g3 D, a# n  u7 Y. c$ \0 U
  In addition to asking the price, the age of a car-or any other consumer durable-is a factor when you are trying to determine whether a seller is attempting to unload a lemon. While people have all sorts of reasons for wanting to sell their cars-even relatively new cars-most people hold off until they have put many thousands of miles on a car or until the used car is several years old. You would probably be as suspicious of a car that is "too new" as you would a car that is "too good” a deal. In fact, you are probably willing to pay a high price for a high-quality used car. While this price would certainly be acceptable to the seller, the competitive market might not facilitate such trades. . V8 e+ C& J/ j8 W7 L. C8 u: h! M3 D7 C
  1. The beginning of this passage assumes that college students . `" a/ K1 k- b) l
  A) Are very clever but not very rich. 2 f- ?. A8 w# ?6 o- \1 c8 Q
  B) Are very capable but not very diligent.
# h% N% }6 Y, ]1 V. ?' Q9 \5 ~  C) Have limited material resources * _7 D! Q/ K" B& ~( H7 p% X
  D) Are not rich.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:27 | 显示全部楼层

2012职称英语综合类A级模拟练习37

2. The passage indicated that, sometimes when you find a product of an unexpectedly low price. 0 d# e* l- h, g
  A) You are very happy. 8 Q* p: M3 H4 t2 L" f/ I# [/ V2 f/ p
  B) You are rather suspicious. 5 A6 Y. j2 Z% P5 [/ p+ f. ~
  C) You are filled with happiness as well as surprise.   o; t! M0 @. H) ]0 ^
  D) You feel uneasy. 3 r, }1 ]; L  A7 K% n* i0 j
  3."Lemon" in this passage refers to
+ Q3 \- l8 P  L. v8 }  A) a kind of fruit. ; L, B) q( p+ L" a. C) F
  B) A kind of new car. 6 a! L* B, N3 w1 E# Y$ L6 F
  C) A kind of expensive and high-quality car. / d! G' n* M; M7 v1 J
  D) A product of inferior quality. 3 s2 v# D! c* [0 z# t! j
  4. If you want to know if the seller is trying to unload a lemon, you
7 V, R6 v( a/ A# `5 L  A) Take the age of the car into consideration. & ?; \- D( {$ x( B
  B) Take the price of the lemon into consideration
+ F( D1 W% R! t  C) Consider how many miles the car has run.   Y% i7 {  w- Q: K* y, f2 X1 d
  D) Consider both the price as well as the age of the car. , G  _. |2 n1 q  U9 P
  5. It can be concluded from the passage that in the used car market,
! y; u1 N+ m1 v* M  A) Used cars are generally cheap. , r! L* l5 x- v' Y. ~$ ~7 q
  B) Used cars are generally expensive
1 k" [5 I5 f+ f: z, [+ v2 R) K5 D  C) Used cars are actually brand new
8 U3 I+ U9 [8 [% Y* F" o, D  D  D) Car buyers are willing to pay a high price for a used car. % V  a* o% t) z+ }, x! D; i" C
  答案: D B D D A
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 15:04 , Processed in 0.188053 second(s), 23 queries .