QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 63|回复: 1

[职称英语模拟] 2012职称英语综合类B级模拟练习21

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Farmers’ markets  
" A$ x  G; z1 A# W+ M; g  Charlotte Hollins knows she faces a battle. The 23-year-old British farmer and her 21-year-old brother Ben are fighting to save the farm from developers that their father worked on since he was 14._____(46)
4 t8 J# `( e6 t0 ]3 H  "You don’t often get a day off. Supermarkets put a lot of pressure on farmers to keep price down. With fewer people working on farms it can be isolating," she said. "There is a high rate of suicide and farming will never make you rich!"
, e: l2 V  N* p' ?, w: a  Oliver Robinson,25, grew up on a farm in Yorkshire.____(47)"I’m sure dad hoped I’d stay," he said. "I guess it’s a nice ,straightforward life, but it doesn’t appeal. For young, ambitious people, farm life would be a hard world." For Robinson, farming doesn’t offer much "in terms of money or lifestyle." Hollins agrees that economics stops people from pursuing farming rewards:"providing for a vital human need,while working outdoors with nature." 1 P3 F. B0 ~# G! B2 a, R1 r/ J
  Farming is a big political issue in the UK.____(48) The 2001 foot and mouth crisis closed thousands of farms, stopped meat exports,and raised public consciousness of troubles in UK farming. - \8 t/ r' \; j
  Jamie Oliver’s 2005 campaign to get children to eat healthily also highlighted the issue. This national concern spells(带来) hope for farmers competing with powerful supermarkets.____(49) + I) R' g. O) ]( \
  "I started going to Farmers’ Markets in direct defiance(蔑视) of the big supermarkets.____(50) It’s terrible ," said Londoner Michael Samson. 6 _! \4 e, M) i1 N7 `
  A But he never considered staying on his father and grandfather’s land. 8 A) x, O& B! x4 @
  B While most people buy food from the big supermarkets, hundreds of independent Farmers’ Markets are becoming popular. & \* a" u$ B/ d% K% Q  Z3 x
  C While confident they will succeed,she lists farming’s many challenges: 1 E+ B, ~2 K# c; q
  D Young people prefer to live in cities. * ^: Y% a  V2 T2 v4 V$ {/ j
  E I seriously objected to the super-sizing of everything --what exactly DO they put on our apples to make them so big and red? ) ?# n: `8 D4 K3 {0 A4 i
  F "Buy British" campaigns urge(鼓励) consumers not to buy cheaper imported foods. / M+ m8 s3 w8 o% n
  参考答案:C A F B E % [1 O, `( |; u! R
46 C 文章的第一段主要是讲,Charlotte和她的弟弟Ben在竭力拯救他们父亲自14岁起就开始工作的农场。第二段讲到维持一个农场的种种艰难。放在这两段句子之间最合适的句子是C。C是这么说的:虽然他们有信心他们会回到成功,但是她也列出了从事农业的许多艰难之处。 中华考试网(www.Examw。com)
& u1 F* B1 l& c7 v; G. J* G3 M  47 A A 说的是:但是他从来没有想过在他父亲和祖父的土地上待下去。Oliver Robinson讲到了一些旅游,包括“不吸引人”(it doesn’t appeal)。可见A是合适的。 : H' l' [' F. q( y
  48 F 前一句话说的是:在英国种地是个很大的政治问题。这是个主题句,主题句是概述,接下来应该具体说明。F是具体说明,说的是:“买英国货”运动鼓励消费者不买进口的便宜食品。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:27 | 显示全部楼层

2012职称英语综合类B级模拟练习21

49 B 倒数第二段开头几句是这么说的:Jamie Oliver 在2005年的竞选中说要让孩子吃得健康,这也突出了问题的严重性。国家的关切给农场主跟强势的超市竞争带来了希望。接下去的句子应该是:While most people buy food from the big supermarkets, hundreds of independent Farmers’ Markets are becoming popular. 在大多数人在大超市买食品的同时许许多多的农场主市场也越来越普遍起来。这就是B。
6 i0 y( J0 H( I6 _  50 E 最后一段的第一句说的是:对大超市的直接蔑视,我开始去农场主市场购物。接着应该讲讲理由,为什么不去大超市。E就是理由,是这么说的:我非常反对这种东西就是超大型的——他们在苹果上都放了什么使得它们变得这么大,这么红?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 15:02 , Processed in 0.225320 second(s), 23 queries .