QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 73|回复: 1

[职称英语模拟] 2012职称英语综合类B级模拟练习12

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Tv Shows and Long Bus Trips 1 i: e7 `9 r; C7 |: n9 p4 h
  Long bus rides are like television shows. They have a beginning , a middle , and an end—with commercials thrown in every three or four minutes. The commercials are unavoidable. They happen whether you want them or not. Every couple of minutes a billboard glides by outside the bus window. “Buy Super Clean Toothpaste.” “Drink Good’n Wet Root Beer.” Fill up with Pacific Gas.” Only if you sleep, which is equal to turning the tevevision set off, are you spared the unending cry of “You Need It! Buy it Now!” ! y# ~; L4 w  p( R3 ]
  The beginning of the ride is comfortable and somewhat exciting, even if you’ve traveled that way before. Usually some things have changed— new houses, new buildings ,sometimes even a new road. The bus driver is particularly reckless or daring, the ride can be as thrilling as a suspense story. Will the driver pass the truck in time? Will the driver move into the right or the left- hand lane? After a while , of course, the excitement dies down. Sleeping for a while helps pass the middle hours of the ride. Food always makes bus rides more interesint. But you’ve got to be careful of what kind of food you eat. Too much salty food can make you very thirsty between stops.
7 N" B! T" O! `; B) M  The end of the ride is somewhat like the beginning. You know it will soon be over and there’s a kind of expection and excitement in that, the seat, of course, has become harder as the houts have passed. By now you’ve sat with your legs crossed, with your hands in your lap, with your hands on the arm rests- even with your hands crossed behind your head. The end comes just at the right time. There are just no more ways to sit " H( Y' O* i7 Q1 ?
  1. according to the passage, what do the passengers usually see when they are on a long bus trip?
: E: W4 }3 N# Q# Q  A) buses on the road B)films on television
' s0 [" o6 A# k- R, |, L  C) advertisements on billboards D)gas stations
9 o# R* e  m, p  2. what is the purpose of this passage?
# s8 h0 X( L* ]  G" ]' g  A) to talk about the similarities between long bus trips and TV shows. + s, ^. t0 A. C* f' l. W: T" }. s
  B) to persuade you to take a long bus trip.
6 R' [- {& V4 ~2 T( Z  C) to display the differences between long bus trips and TV shows. ; ^4 r4 I' E- ~3 j5 r! N, ^
  D) to bescribe the billboards along the road.
& M! f( o  L1 f! S8 M  3. the writer of this passage would probably favor * P5 g& C  {* H) F/ u. u1 C
  A) bus drivers who weren’t reckless.
9 B! z1 n1 m/ ^$ ~; J) o. ^  B) driving alone. ( s* j  r# v; Z" x3 J
  C) a tevevision set on the bus. - ^2 x1 [4 x7 j
  D) no billboards along the road. ! t' W, k# d2 [4 Q" x
  4. the writer feels long bus rides are like TV shows because . F5 S2 P) ]1 G1 w
  A) the commercials both on TV shows and on the billboards along the road are fun.
' K. o7 }" ~0 z+ _9 a3 c; X+ P  B) they both have a beginning , a middle , and an end, with commercials in between. % G" y/ I( T+ e! D
  C) the drivers are always reckless on TV shows just as they are on buses. ! F; u6 t: H) \! h0 C
  D) both traveling and watching TV are not exciting. * z% r" T) \/ j9 g( D
  5. The writer thinks that the end of the ride is somewhat like the beginning because both are
/ B4 r0 L  `; n3 H0 q- w  A) exciting B) comfortable 4 y. N5 R3 }4 x3 n
  C) tiring D) boring
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:27 | 显示全部楼层

2012职称英语综合类B级模拟练习12

参考答案:C A D B A  
7 _+ s4 r% R1 K9 o6 H4 W: I( ]  答案解析: * F/ k6 ~% `' A! g8 ]: P5 n' ?
  1 C 第一段中一开始就讲乘长途汽车旅行就像看电视。随着汽车往前开,路两边的广告不断地从窗旁滑过。
7 L' F9 n  Z  H* b2 M' x  2 A 文章第一段说乘公共汽车长途旅行就和看电视一样,有开始、中间、结尾,中间还会不时插入广告。文章下面的部分紧接着描述了旅途中的这三部分及作者的感受,所以该文是写对坐公共汽车长途旅行的看法。故此题答案位A。 # j$ i5 }- t3 w
  3 D 此题答案的义举在第一段。第一段说:The commercials are unavoidable. They happen whether you want them or not.“广告是躲不开的,不管你想要还是不想要,它们(隔一段时间)”就会出现。”最后一句说:only if you sleep, which is equal to turning the television set off, are you spared the unending cry of “You Need It! Buy It Now! ”“只有当你睡着时,就和关掉电视机一样,才会免受那些没完没了地“你需要它,现在就来买吧!”的叫喊。”从这些句子中可以看出,作者更喜欢沿途没有那些广告牌。至于A 选项错是因为文中说the ride can be as thrilling as a suspense story, 意为“坐车就像读悬念故事一样令人心惊肉跳”,作者并没有明确表示不喜欢鲁莽的司机,相反还暗示喜欢不同的风格的司机。B、C选项文中都为涉及,故D为正确选项。 6 B( W- W/ p9 j0 R$ f: R5 ^
  4 B 此题答案在第一段前两句:long bus rides are like television shows. They have a beginning , a middle , and an end— with commercials thrown in every three or four minutes.“坐公共汽车长途旅行就和看电视一样,有开始、中间、结尾,并且每隔三四分钟插播些广告。”此句话明确的指出了B为正确选项。
/ X" J2 Z9 f: q  5 A 此题答案可以从第二段的第一句和第三段的第二句的相互呼应关系中得出。第二段中的第一句说:The beginning of the ride is comfortable and somewhat exciting,……“旅途开始时舒适并且在某种意义上令人激动”;第三段第二句说:you know it will soon be over and there’s a kind of expectation and excitement in that.“你知道旅途即将结束,你多少在期待并为之激动。”由此看出旅途的开始和结束都令人激动,故A为正确选项。Kind of : 某种成都上。又如:I’m feeling kind of tired.我觉得有点累。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 14:11 , Processed in 0.385313 second(s), 23 queries .