只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 95|回复: 1

[职称英语模拟] 2013年职称英语理工类阅读判断精选练习题(8)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2013年职称英语理工类阅读判断精选练习题(8)
" D- H! t! i, ?$ i' R; S3 vConsumer Goods
( k9 P4 _( R7 x  ~8 l2 `' N  Consumer products are goods and services destined for the final consumer for personal, family, or household use. 4 D  a1 q6 t0 D' }) q5 v# l
  Consumer goods were first classified about 65 years ago by Melvin T. Copeland. His three—category system of convenience,shopping and specialty goods is widely employed today.The system is based on shoppers awareness of alternative products and their characteristics prior to the shopping trip and the degree of search shoppers will undertake.It is important to recognize that placing a product into one of these categories depends on the shopper's behavior。 www.ExamW.CoM
" ?' w4 T0 \4 L3 r  Convenience goods are those purchased with a minimum of effort,because the buyer has knowledge of product characteristics prior to shoppin9.The consumer does not want to search for additional information(because the item has been bought before)and will accept a substitute rather than have to frequent more than one store. 8 T! P. ?) T# p( V
  Convenience goods can be subdivided into staples,impulse goods,and emergency goods.Staples are low—priced items that are routinely purchased on a regular basis,such as detergent,milk,and cereal.Impulse goods are items that the consumer does not plan to buy on a specific trip to a store,such as candy,a magazine,and ice cream.Emergency goods are items purchased out of urgent need,such as an umbrella during a rainstorm a tire to replace a flat,or aspirin for a headache.
7 S. B3 K2 w! ^  X9 W2 w4 m  Shopping goods are those for which consumers lack sufficient information about product alternatives and their attributes,and therefore must acquire further knowledge in order to make a purchase decision.For attribute—based shopping goods,consumers get information about and then evaluate product features,warranty,performance,options,and other factors.The good with the best combination of attributes is purchased.Sony electronics and Calvin Klein clothes are marketed as attribute-based shopping goods.For price—based shopping goods,consumers judge product attributes to be similar and look around for the least expensive item/store.Consumers will exert effort in searching for information,because shopping goods are bought infrequently.Goldstar electronics and store—brand clothes are marketed as price-based shopping goods. ; R  g6 c0 C# i# z. M7 y/ N
  Specialty goods are those to which consumers are brand loyal.They are fully aware of these products and their attributes prior to making a purchase decision.They are willing to make a significant purchase effort to acquire the brand desired and will pay a higher price than competitive products,if necessary.For specialty goods,consumers will not make purchases if their brand is not available.Substitutes are not acceptable.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:27 | 显示全部楼层

2013年职称英语理工类阅读判断精选练习题(8)

16 Shoppers' characteristics were one of the determinants of Melvin T.Copeland's classification of consumer goods. </p>  A Right ' K5 X  Q# J; Q
  B Wrong
% u0 j8 o8 K6 X2 q5 a  C Not mentioned
7 r: k: z  m- w; y/ x/ G  17 Some goods are classified as convenience goods because they can be bought with little efforts. 9 U6 j# a- ?7 F. ~8 i- l$ P
  A Right
/ d8 o  ~1 L- {) y8 S- T! P  B Wrong www.ExamW.CoM
  l! g1 W7 f# a; I4 n3 F* W  C Not mentioned
4 u4 W- w1 G9 q0 `% H  18 The consumer goods one purchases on impulse are always sold at a low price. 1 x* V8 a- I% S+ a: h
  A Right
5 e$ K2 a; O  q+ g  B Wrong
+ S+ ?$ l9 ]/ W7 o) X  C Not mentioned " U. g% H! V; L+ t9 l6 Z5 K
  19 Before making the final decision of whether or not to buy shopping goods, a customer has to visit various shops to gather information.
/ |& M' h  V' o8 o. m  A Right " q8 [- x3 ?7 s* o. z
  B Wrong $ e" Y: L* Y: L# E2 p' S
  C Not mentioned
9 E# h) ?! r5 {  20 Attribute-based shopping goods are more expensive than price-based goods. , S7 Q* E* d+ \0 T
  A Right
# J& |7 Z: ~1 P1 N  B Wrong 1 e! S1 g1 D$ ?% M& I
  C Not mentioned # b* o# k8 {" ?! h
  21 For price-based shopping goods, consumers do not care about their quality. 4 P0 }( V% Y, Q! C' y
  A Right
/ n0 q! h7 C+ k2 e& p& B& [) }2 {, N  B Wrong : u! @' j' k; O& K) F
  C Not mentioned 4 x" a4 r$ v- @6 t' b$ O4 m  Q: t
  22 Specialty goods are similar to convenience goods in that people know the products very well prior to their shopping trip. - r9 m# h, b$ W* }
  A Right www.Examw.com8 x1 z7 @5 `7 D4 u& G- C; [9 F5 a
  B Wrong ) B0 t' a- n5 w0 D
  C Not mentioned 8 K7 t. E7 |6 c5 y  f% a
  16 B文章第二段提到Melvin T.Copeland对消费品的分类是根据消费者在购物之前对不同品牌、质量的产品及其特点的了解程度,以及消费者找货是否容易这两个因素而进行的。第三行中的“their”一词指代的是前文所说的“alternative products”,而不是“shoppers”。
; n$ I- N* L& s* a# g; L, ^  17 A答案可以在第三段第一个句子中找到。 , a4 h: o5 z6 B+ C
  18 C第四段说所谓“impulse goods”就是指消费者预先并没有计划要买的东西,比如糖果、杂志、冰淇淋,但作者并没有提到这一类商品总是廉价的。
4 I/ R+ {4 O: T  l$ h  19 C第五段说所谓“shopping goods”就是指那些消费者对不同品牌及其特性缺乏足够的信息,因而在购买前需多作了解的产品。但是在这里作者并没有明确说明消费者必须访问不同的店家来获得这些信息。
( X0 A' j) I7 j/ y8 i( U* e- k' o! H- [  20 C第六段倒数第四行说对于“price—based shopping goods”,消费者认为不同品牌之间的性能相似,因而尽量在最便宜的商店购买或购买同类产品中价格最低的一种。但是作者并没有说这类产品就比“attribute—based shopping goods”便宜。 * `5 C' l* y  {! C) B3 S
  21 B正如上一题中所解释的那样,对于“price—based shopping goods”消费者并非不在意它们的质量,而是在产品性能大致相同的情况下尽量选择较为便宜的。 ) `# G) {+ k4 E2 Q" ]# L
  22 A文章第二段说对于“convenience goods”消费者在购物之前就对其有许多了解:最后一段说所谓“specialty goods”就是消费者只购买某一品牌的那些产品,他们在购物之前就对某一品牌的产品及其性能有充分的了解。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 04:35 , Processed in 0.257772 second(s), 23 queries .