只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 113|回复: 1

[职称英语模拟] 2013年职称英语理工类阅读判断精选练习题(29)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2013年职称英语理工类阅读判断精选练习题(29)
) }7 N( z  h6 o. H Lakes, Too, Feel Global Warming
/ w9 Y- y, m5 T8 c! M& j' A0 W  There's no doubt: In the last few decades, the average temperature on Earth has been higher than it's been in hundreds of years. Around the world, people are starting to measure the effects of global warming - and trying to figure out what to do about it. $ x  x0 R; e" o/ P) w% n" J+ x& s
  Scientists recently used satellites to study the temperatures of lakes around the world, and they found that lakes are heating up. Between 1985 and 2009, satellites recorded the nighttime temperatures of the surfaces of 167 lakes. During those 24 years, the lakes got warmer - by an average of about 0.045 degree Celsius per year.   }" R8 G) _8 X8 M8 J
  In some places, lakes have been warming by as much as 0.10 degree Celsius per year. At that rate, a lake may warm by a full degree Celsius, or 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit, in just 10 years. That difference may seem small - you might not even notice it in your bathtub. But in a lake, slightly warmer temperatures could mean more algae, and algae can make the lake poisonous to fish. www.Examw.com
9 B" Y. o: _- \8 q* Y  The scientists who did the study work for NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena. They report that lakes seem to be warming faster in the northern parts of the Northern Hemisphere. In the United States, lakes in the southwestern part of the country warmed faster than did the Great Lakes in the north.
+ I! u3 I$ L# O- A% M* y1 c  The study shows that in some regions, lakes are warming faster than the air around them. This is important because scientists often use measurements of air temperature to study how the Earth is warming. By using lake temperatures as well, scientists can get a better picture of global warming.
! z. G8 y' _4 Y3 Y/ `- ]& i5 m) S  The scientists say data on lakes give scientists a new way to measure the impact of climate change around the world. 3 Q* G' f) @, j  L7 ~+ S" A
  That's going to be useful, since no country is too big or too small to ignore climate change. ! D8 Q) u; R) U$ e/ |+ O/ N
  Scientists aren't the only ones concerned. Everyone who lives on Earth is going to be affected by the rapid warming of the planet. Many world leaders believe we might be able to do something about it, especially by reducing the amount of greenhouse gases we put into the air. . P/ b) y- _2 S  q0 L; T
; ^# S' d- ]+ D1 M+ ?$ J2 |' S
  That's  why  the  United  Nations  started  the  Framework  Convention  on  Climate  Change, or UNFCCC. Every year the convention meets, and representatives from countries around the world gather to talk about climate change and discuss global solutions to the challenges of a warming world.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:30:27 | 显示全部楼层

2013年职称英语理工类阅读判断精选练习题(29)

</p>  16. Scientists have been keeping records of lake temperatures for over 30 years. ! o$ a  o6 S% q  K) I  G# I
  A. Right   B. Wrong   C. Not mentioned
: R' n( P! X$ f+ v3 i  17. The temperatures of lakes around the world have increased greatly between 1985 and 2009.
+ f4 |. T! F( T% H  A. Right   B. Wrong   C. Not mentioned
! r/ V0 z( s# u3 C. E  18. Lakes seem to be warming faster in Asia.
+ f3 t0 N9 ~; k  A. Right   B. Wrong   C. Not mentioned www.examw.com
. U) D0 d; {9 c; y% J/ O  19. A slight temperature increase in a lake could be harmful to fish. ! _' L& T9 [0 F* [# K" K( A
  A. Right   B. Wrong   C. Not mentioned , v3 N. h; D- s5 U% Z
  20. Scientists generally focus on air temperatures when studying global warming. 1 g) R( ^6 X) y+ k; {. L) d
( }1 ?( ^& [( H3 @1 d  21. Global warming is less threatening to small countries.
9 Z) y. m) k) j  o  A. Right   B. Wrong   C. Not mentioned ; F, x/ ?4 J1 ^$ P1 r
  22. UNFCCC’s annual meeting will be held in Mexico this year. # n; t& C2 `9 T. C3 w
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 04:07 , Processed in 0.183858 second(s), 23 queries .