只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 78|回复: 0

[职称英语综合] 2012年职称英语考试阅读辅导资料六

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:36:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Workplace Killer
+ k+ |" p+ \/ T1 y6 b1 L* k8 m6 G  
0 k+ m6 w8 V; L" ?, n# c; l# L    Pressure mounted on Britain on Monday to take action on passive smoking with new research showing second-hand smoke kills about one worker each week in the hospitality industry. 3 s8 @! u: S( d
    Professor Konrad Jamrozik, of Imperial College in London. Told a conference on environmental tobacco that second-hand smoking kills 49 employees in pubs. Restaurants and hotels each year and contributes to 700 deaths from lung cancer, heart disease and stroke across the total national work force. " r+ H! X, y& E# x+ o8 z
    "Exposure in the hospitality industry at work outweighs the consequences of exposure of living with a smoker for those staff," Jamrozik said in an interview.
9 o- q1 I* ]% |+ @3 C. ]    Other researchers have measured the levels of exposure to passive smoking but Jamrozik calculated how it would translate into avoidable deaths. # E1 ~! N# M7 q9 {6 R" W
    His findings are based on the number of people working in the hospitality industry in Britain, their exposure to secondhand smoke and their suffering of dying form it.
  {2 J9 \! N/ ^+ g) V- w' k. _    Jamrozik said the findings would apply to most countries in Europe because, to a greater or lesser extent, levels of smoking in the community are similar. . `) n# F8 _0 X& f7 i
    Professor Carol Black, president of the Royal College of Physicians. Which sponsored the meeting, said the research is proof of the need for a ban on smoking in public places. ) B2 r4 j: m+ u; Z& s
    "Environmental tobacco smoke in pubs, bars, restaurants and other public places is seriously damaging to the health of employees as wells as the general public," she said in a statement. % ~- i. i1 l  g9 I; m! s( N
    "Making these places smoke-free not only protects vulnerable staff and the public, it will also help over 300,000 people in Britain to stop smoking completely." she added.
- g  X. ]' o7 h  E9 j' w    Ireland recently became the first country to introduce a national ban on smoking in public places. New York and parts of Australia have taken similar measures. [卫生类C]
1 y/ f) t! H: O3 g! j2 J/ x  
9 y: X" \$ c! K6 v3 B8 H被动吸烟是工作
% r( E9 ?1 O; v* i9 M# o# y7 M% Q场所的杀手 . B, [4 F1 o+ b

9 u: C& @* n, T& g% u" a    当新的研究表明在服务行业二手烟每星期导致一个工人死亡后,英国在星期一就受到新被动吸烟采取行动的强大压力。
- y4 Z+ q* T! ~; B+ h0 c+ C    伦敦皇家学院的康拉德·吉姆罗兹克教授在环境烟草大会上说,在酒馆、酒吧、饭店和旅馆,二手烟每年杀死49个工作人员,使全国的工作人员中的700人因为肺癌、心脏病以及中风而死亡。
3 C; [: d5 W/ F5 {    吉姆罗兹克在一次访谈中说:“对员工来说在服务行业工作比和吸烟者一起生活产生的后果更严重。” 4 U9 y: Q0 T* [* j: u2 R
    其他的研究者衡量受到被动吸烟威胁的程度,而吉姆罗兹克计算这将如何转化成可以避免的死亡。 2 b- x5 A5 W7 e$ p
    他的发现基于英国服务行业的工作人数,他们受到了二手烟的危害并且有可能因此而死亡。 2 h, N- n, y, p& z# }
    吉姆罗兹克说这些发现应该用于欧洲大部分国家,因为在这些社会中吸烟的程度或多或少有相似性。 2 T# C" g' A, k& {0 |: A
    主办这个会议的皇家医学院院长卡罗·布莱克教授说,这个研究证明需要禁止在公共场所吸烟。 ; J: n$ z7 w) K& M2 X  g! |
    她在一次讲话中说:“酒馆、酒吧、饭店和其他公共场所的环境烟草正在严重地损害着工作人员和大众的身体健康。”
, @  ^5 j( T( e) w& D    她又补充说:“使这些场所禁烟不仅能够保护易受伤害的工作人员和公众,还可以帮助英国30万人完全戒烟。” 4 u! X$ R2 ~& a1 o/ q
    爱尔兰最近成为第一个实行全国公共场所禁烟的国家。纽约和澳大利亚的某些地区也实施了相似的政策。[卫生类C]
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 09:46 , Processed in 0.495247 second(s), 21 queries .