扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 124|回复: 2

[综合类英语] 职称英语综合类C级:完型填空复习资料(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
PASSAGE 8 ) {: i, c  q( X3 _/ O
An Absent-minded Professor8 F  A+ U# V) x: W
8 {3 M% F- y6 x) o1 X
 Professor Smith lived alone. He was very absent-minded. He used to __1__ the university to give a lecture and find that he had forgotten to bring his notes. Or he __2__ lose his spectacles and be unable to see the __3__. He could never find any chalk to __4__ with, and he often forgot the time and would ramble __5__ for hours because he had __6__ his watch at home. But the most __7__ thing of all about him was his __8__. His overcoat was rarely __9__, as most of the buttons were __10__. His shoes were usually untied because he had lost the laces. He __11__ his comb as well because his hair was always standing __12__, that is unless he was __13__ his battered old hat with the brim missing. His trousers were __14__ by an old tie instead of a belt. He was a chain smoker. He would smoke __15__ in class. Cigarette ash was liberally scattered over his waistcoat. , ^/ \7 q3 q! [% F
1. A) arrive in B) arrive at C) arrive D) arriving; s  m" ~6 x0 c
2. A) was used to B) was accustomed to C) could D) would3 g8 o9 N4 {  R/ [$ d; G4 g
3. A) blackboard B) floor C) door D) window5 s7 y: K4 O% A$ @$ y& e* K
4. A) teach B) deliver C) write D) address
! k, H  ?; C) ?2 u# F2 r! m: h" t5. A) of B) at C) in D) on
  K" ~. K/ Y: P2 P# `/ G6. A) put B) placed C) left D) forgotten: `5 c; ?  F: n! z8 B! H1 x
7. A) exciting B) amazing C) attractive D) delightful5 L2 |; b' U1 R/ i% m% e
8. A) appearance B) act C) behavior D) conduct8 B/ m2 u( k( a1 T- Y
9. A) tied B) fastened C) ironed D) patched
6 F, q! O) f% J10. A) losing B) falling C) missing D) hanging / z' u  R$ f5 V( V/ X3 Z
11. A) has lost B) loses C) must have lost D) must lose0 t# Y; ^! n9 d! m' m  \' l0 p0 a
12. A) on end B) up C) aside D) back
. E. z  P& S  s3 d% Y! ~* u13. A) putting on B) wearing on C) wearing D) having$ c3 t$ X  K' s! o
14. A) rounded up B) stuck together C) put together D) held up* R2 o) @  Z3 G# r- K" O2 [2 E/ n
15. A) even B) frequently C) constantly D) continuously
% e$ E* o4 }- q2 ?' n' q8 R$ ]: p  i- n3 y
Keys: BDACD CBABC CACDA
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:36 | 显示全部楼层

职称英语综合类C级:完型填空复习资料(5)

PASSAGE 9 7 H2 |9 ]& ?; q* e& C
Highways in the United States
! o; _, K  x1 n6 G
9 C, ^: }- Z8 b7 E! U& Z3 Z* | The United States is well-known for its network of major highways designed to help a driver get from one place to another in the shortest possible time. __1__ these wide modern roads are generally __2__ and well maintained, with few sharp curves and __3__ straight sections, a direct route is not always the most __4__ one. Large highways often pass __5__ scenic areas and interesting small towns. Furthermore, these highways generally __6__ large urban centers which means that they become crowded with __7__ traffic during rush hours, __8__ the "fast, direct" way becomes a very slow route. However, there is almost always another route to __9__ if you are not in a hurry. Not for from the relatively new "superhighways", there are often older, __10__ heavily traveled roads which go through the countryside. __11__ are good lane roads; others are uneven roads curving __12__ the country. These secondary routes may go up steep slopes, along hilly cliffs or down frightening hillsides to towns __13__ in deep valleys. Though these are less __14__ routes, longer and slower, they generally go to places __15__ the air is clean and the scenery is beautiful, and the driver may have a chance to get a fresh, clean view of the world.
* G# X* C$ o% d) B, S1. A) Although B) But C) Since D) Because5 K* d- h! j% U0 m& e9 b
2. A) uneven B) bumpy C) rough D) smooth
- |7 w% Q( M# T4 A3. A) little B) much C) many D) few- i7 ^& \7 g' x0 L/ Y6 y9 T2 j
4. A) terrible B) horrible C) tolerable D) enjoyable5 j* X+ H; z- ?' ?% V" n
5. A) to B) into C) at D) by: s$ C+ {. r: {1 Z$ B: L
6. A) merge B) connect C) combine D) mix# Y4 }6 S5 p, D; H( I. }. P$ h
7. A) busy B) small C) large D) heavy, b# `0 a' X. n& g3 D; `6 F; O
8. A) when B) where C) which D) that# K4 L- i8 b; [5 f5 y# t$ _) n
9. A) walk B) go C) take D) fix1 G# l" I6 S( Q) i3 J; h- L
10. A) more B) less C) very D) extremely* _! U+ x. C& q6 O6 G
11. A) All of these B) None of these C) All roads D) Some of these0 o/ v: _; l' |/ E: F
12. A) out of B) out C) through D) from2 W) z$ L3 e* ~5 n& w
13. A) lying B) lie C) lies D) lay0 x9 L" f2 v8 i- X1 K
14. A) direct B) indirect C) enjoyable D) beautiful# x4 K- O7 F* ^8 M0 V; }
15. A) these B) which C) that D) where
% G! C% E) A& o  h1 b! t1 P; [& i( A3 y- N- x. X4 X
Keys: ADCDD BDACB DCAAD
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:37 | 显示全部楼层

职称英语综合类C级:完型填空复习资料(5)

PASSAGE 10 . U& h6 Q6 {9 P% b5 G& V4 a- M% E
A Biological Clock
; ]6 {  ], F; Q6 L. F1 T6 H  ^: m2 Y
 Every living thing has what scientists call a biological clock that controls behavior. The biological clock tells __1__ when to form flowers and when the flowers should open. It tells __2__ when to leave the protective cocoon and fly away, and it tells animals and human beings when to eat, sleep and wake.# s! x9 I6 `% k
  Events outside the plant and animal __3__ the actions of some biological clocks. Scientists recently found, for example, that a tiny animal changes the color of its fur __4__ the number of hours of daylight. In the short __5__ of winter, its fur becomes white. The fur becomes gray brown in color in the longer hours of daylight in summer.. G1 i6 L' `& G
  Inner signals control other biological clocks. German scientists found that some kind of internal clock seems to order birds to begin their long migration __6__ twice each year. Birds __7__ from flying become restless when it is time for the trip, __8__ they become calm again when the time of the flight has ended.' v+ P, ]; [6 e6 p; s
  Scientists say they are beginning to learn which __9__ of the brain contain biological clocks. An American researcher, Martin Moorhead, said a small group of cells near the front of the brain __10__ to control the timing of some of our actions. These __11__ tell a person when to __12__, when to sleep and when to seek food. Scientists say there probably are other biological clock cells that control other body activities.* ?1 T; T7 X8 U: n; S& U
  Dr. Moorhead is studying __13__ our biological clocks affect the way we do our work. For example, most of us have great difficulty if we must often change to different work hours. __14__ can take many days for a human body to accept the major change in work hours. Dr. Moorhead said industrial officials should have a better understanding of biological clocks and how they affect workers. He said __15__ understanding could cut sickness and accidents at work and would help increase a factory's production. 7 w7 H; r$ }" e1 y* h& b
1. A) scientists B) humans C) plants D) animals3 _+ |( S" P" J3 Z; @+ Q, G( ]5 M
2. A) insects B) birds C) fish D) snakes
. C, p4 {( e( E: i5 U3. A) effect B) affect C) effected D) affected
& f7 \+ a4 O/ n% h1 l2 p9 X- D4. A) because B) for the reason that C) because of D) since
! v' w" _) [2 ?. E' e8 W5. A) months B) days C) minutes D) weeks
% Q6 H" m: h1 O8 n' \4 n, C: S6. A) flight B) fly C) movement D) transportation
/ i8 [* J9 @7 B  A7. A) prevented from B) ordered by C) helped by D) intruded on
& B% G+ Y: D- Q4 ?& ]+ r; P8. A) and B) but C) therefore D) however% w- r  H9 ?" I
9. A) portions B) parts C) sections D kinds
$ n9 C( A. j) y8 h  l10. A) try B) tries C) seem D) seems, z4 m* M0 O$ F( e  Y
11. A) things B) parts C) cells D) actions3 @; X. N7 _- X" a6 ?. @
12. A) awaken B) wake C) awake D) wake-up1 p* t* S2 @/ B  M5 K
13. A) how B) why C) where D) what' W1 c7 N  C* H2 q& s
14. A) We B) It C) They D) You5 z5 _. O: d' V, {+ S0 z
15. A) so B) with C) such D) if
9 A- {; R8 a0 o) i" y2 Y2 l  r6 f5 Z* X- y2 G: O+ P- k
KEYS: CABCB AABBD CAABC
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 17:36 , Processed in 0.405156 second(s), 25 queries .