立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 58|回复: 0

[综合类英语] 2012年职称英语综合C级综合练习十六

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 Racial Prejudice   In some countries where racial prejudice is acute, violence has been taken for granted as a means of solving differences; and this is not even questioned. There are countries__1__ the white man imposes his rule by brute force; there are countries where the black man protested by __2__ fire to cities and by looting(掠夺) and pillaging(掠夺). Important people on both sides, who would in other respects appear to be __3__ men, get up and calmly argue __4__ violence -- as if it were a legitimate solution, like any other. What is really frightening, what really fills you __5__ despair, is the realization that when it comes to the crunch, we have made no actual progress __6__. We may wear collars and ties instead of war paint, but our instincts remain basically unchanged. The whole of the __7__ history of the human race, that tedious documentation of violence, has taught us absolutely nothing. We have still not learnt that violence never __8__ a problem but makes it more acute. The sheer horror, the bloodshed and the suffering __9__ nothing. No solution ever comes to light the morning after when we dismally contemplate the smoking ruins and wonder __ 10__ hit us.
% F% k% U; V: G* j3 S  The truly reasonable men who know where the solutions __11__ are finding it harder and harder to get a hearing. They are despised, mistrusted and even persecuted by their own __12__ because they advocate such apparently outrageous things __13__ law enforcement. If half the energy that goes into violent acts were __14__, if our efforts were directed at cleaning up the slums and ghettos, at improving living-standards and providing education and employment __15__ all, we would have gone a long way to arriving at a solution.0 j) K" K7 t& b2 M. b7 X
  1. A) where B) that C) which D) who
6 p3 Y& V+ ?4 V' o6 Z/ G0 g9 E  2. A) giving B) catching C) setting D) letting; J: r8 W7 |: Y1 |2 a4 ^% ^9 J
  3. A) reasonable B) reasonably C) reasonless D) reason
2 L0 J) I% G8 z  4. A) for the sake of B) for fear of C) in case of D) in favor of: z, [! l6 p' X2 [* p. U
  5. A) of B) with C)by D) up
$ ~+ n3 [! N  j* @$ k  6. A) at all B) after all C) at last D) in the end
. N7 G  N: R- I4 e5 K  7. A) record B) recording C) recorded D) records
9 s5 e/ h- R' V, K" n# Q  8. A) keeps B) deals C)answers D) solves6 h9 T4 M1 r5 j+ _9 {2 T; R+ j( b/ [
  9. A) meant B) mean C) is meaning D) are meaning* {, X/ O9 Z1 P* n8 S* B7 Z1 l3 X, z
  10. A) what B) that C) / D) which
. Y9 i4 r) L' M; k1 C/ T- u  11. A) lay B) lays C) lie D) lies2 J# j- o9 a* x1 S
  12. A) kind B) way C) right D) rule
4 c% _0 K5 u4 e  13. A) like B) so C) that D) as0 x9 f8 I& o9 E% D
  14. A) put to use good B)put to good use, n9 S" l$ N9 }  ]7 Q  |3 R
  C) put good to use D) good put to use+ i) A; t, K& _2 V
  15. A) by B) at C) for D) with
& ]5 r! U! C: U. N  答案: ACADB ACDBA CADBC
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 20:29 , Processed in 0.159727 second(s), 21 queries .