立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 63|回复: 0

[综合类英语] 2011职称英语综合B级补全短文练习(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  阅读下面的短文,文章中有5处空白,文章后面有6组文字,请根据文章的内容选择5组文字,将其分别放回文章原有位置,以恢复文章原貌。   X; F( z* \0 c! D
Every Dog Has His Say
- Q$ q& i8 u, Y; s  KIMIKO Fukuda always wondered what her dog was trying to say. Whenever she put on makeup, it would pull at her sleeve.      (1) When the dog barks, she glances at a small electronic gadget. The following "human" translation appears on its screen: "Please take me with you." "I realized that's how he was feeling," says Fukuda. 6 Z$ T6 H; A: y( ]1 {
  The gadget is called Bowlingual, and it translates dog barks into feelings. People laughed when the Japanese toymaker Takara Company made the world's first dog-human translation machine in 2002. But 300,000 Japanese dog owners bought it.      (2)
+ T( h1 B. ^" k: b( }0 i6 Y  "Nobody else had thought about it," said Masahiko Kajita, who works for Takara, "We spend so much time training dogs to understand our orders; what would it be like if we could understand dogs?" $ A3 U) ~8 X: J9 t9 h1 }% o
  Bowlingual has two parts.      (3) The translation is done in the gadget using a database containing every kind of bark. + Q. y4 O$ C! a& B3 \. c
  Based on animal behaviour research, these noises are divided into six categories: happiness, sadness, frustration, anger, declaration and desire.      (4) In this way, the database scientifically matches a bark to an emotion, which is then translated into one of 200 phrases.
* ]3 v* t6 Z: |5 _* t# o2 ^  When a visitor went to Fukuda's house recently, the dog barked a loud "bow wow"      (5). It was followed by "I'm stronger than you" as the dog growled and sniffed at the visitor.
+ z' C$ g! ?& v, D# s  The product will be available in US pet stores this summer for about US$120. It can store up to 100 barks, even recording the dog's emotions when the owner is away. 6 y- _: _2 y6 L  h3 U. K! K- x
  A A wireless microphone is attached to the dog's collar, which sends information to the gadget held by the owner. # J! v4 i9 F9 V/ \& D0 C5 s
  B Nobody really knows how a dog feels.
& R2 @( A6 {: q$ M; R9 y/ c  C This translated as "Don't come this way". 5 Y' }7 C9 n  I/ i
  D More customers are expected when the English version is launched this summer.
$ n# E* L5 A% k( x+ a# O8 [0 [  E Now, the Japanese girl thinks she knows.
- @: L$ L/ n: B4 a0 y  F Each one of these emotions is then linked to a phrase like "Let's play," "Look at me," or "Spend more time with me." ; a* _( A$ _/ O
  【参考答案】1. E 2. D 3. A 4. F 5. C
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 08:59 , Processed in 0.222913 second(s), 21 queries .