QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 62|回复: 0

[综合类英语] 2011职称英语综合类B级:阅读判断题目练习(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Hercules
+ g: ~5 |4 z) C3 \  Once upon a time there was a great Greek hero, Hercules. He was taller and stronger than anyone you have ever seen. On his shoulder he carried a club and in his hand he held a bow (弓). He was known as the hero of a hundred adventures./ T  X& D5 Z# h. s0 S  A3 {- g4 i
  Hercules served a king. The king was afraid of him. So again and again he sent him on difficult tasks. One morning the king sent for him and told him to fetch three golden apples for him from the garden of the Singing Maidens (歌女). But no one knew where the garden was.+ ^6 V3 c: y' c+ e4 b" _4 Y: Y
  So Hercules went away. He walked the whole day and the next day and the next. He walked for months before he saw mountains far in the distance one fine morning. One of the mountains was in the shape of a man, with long, long legs and arms and huge shoulders and a huge head. He was holding up the sky. Hercules knew it was Atlas, the Mountain God. So he asked him for help.$ ?2 g" C$ @  m" n3 G
  Atlas answered, "My head and arms and shoulders all ache. Could you hold up the sky while I fetch the golden apples for you?"4 I& c( T2 @5 D$ R4 n5 V) ^$ r
  Hercules climbed the mountain and shouldered the sky. Soon the sky grew very heavy. When finally Atlas came back with three golden apples, he said, "Well, you are going to carry the mountain for ever. I'm going to see the king with the apples." Hercules knew that he couldn't fight him because of the sky on his back. So he shouted:0 r7 X4 O& D8 F
  "Just one minute's help. My shoulders are hurting. Hold the sky for a minute while I make a cushion (垫子) for my shoulders.", w, s: E, N: O  f+ y
  Atlas believed him. He threw down the apples and held up the sky.
) Y' W3 ]8 z4 C1 o  Hercules picked up the apples and ran back to see the king.# w9 e7 [$ e1 v' V( h- S

' }6 {! x: c" K5 }+ {5 G3 }  16 Hercules was the tallest man in the world8 ]' ^  w3 k" T9 B
  A Right     B Wrong    C Not mentioned
& P$ i4 ^* L7 s' J5 E  17 Hercules worked in the king's garden
  ]% {+ L5 L4 x$ D! U" C6 o7 `  A Right     B Wrong    C Not mentioned
+ Q, t. X( _' |) i  18 Hercules was given many difficult tasks because the king wanted to get rid of him.
7 w" `' v- j  X# _  A Right     B Wrong    C Not mentioned1 Z" H& s% ?9 i! Y' [- O; P
  19 Atlas was the giant who held up the sky.
1 F7 ?1 l6 g& i! K& o  A Right     B Wrong    C Not mentioned
" h9 Y, I- C! r" F0 d5 [2 z3 c! z6 l  20 Atlas ran faster than Hercules
7 J( K/ I. @; E) \  A Right     B Wrong    C Not mentioned
, ~' r! L( a, M( @# Z2 q+ j; e  21 Atlas got the golden apples for Hercules because he wanted to be the king himself.
2 g' }7 m+ M$ ^/ z! S  A Right     B Wrong    C Not mentioned& ^# E# b& V: p: W# H% C% v9 [, \+ x
  22 Hercules finally managed to get the apples by defeating Atlas
2 M! r5 j# w5 m& @( a8 _  A Right     B Wrong    C Not mentioned9 n( Q. a' L, x/ w( J* b
  答案:& T) m% ]0 u( ?" o) m& f
  16. A  17. C  18. A  19. A  20. C  21. B  22. B" L$ |1 m0 J' f7 o- r4 H8 Z: d# L
  解析:; D- e( {& o$ b  D
  第16 题是对文章第二句话的理解考查,这里用比较级表示最高级:比任何人都高,当然是最高的了。3 U" J( s9 e* @* g: K1 [4 R. K
  文章中只说 Hercules served a king ,没有提具体在哪工作。故 17 题选 C 。
8 j/ x2 H% A+ U6 u  根据第二段得知,国王害怕 Hercules ,于是派他到一个谁都不知在哪的公园去完任务,显然是想摆脱他。 故18 题选 A 。" C- ^7 `  |1 R9 C) D
  根据第三段中 "in the shape of a man " "He was holding up the sky" 得知 19 题的说法是正确的,因此选 A 。
9 Y* g3 L% {' ]5 K# n" a, u2 h  文章中只说 Atlas 是个巨人,没有提及他们两个谁跑得快,故 20 题选 C 。
+ t4 e' S8 Q2 S+ |( t# s% }) P  因为 holding up the sky 是一件很累的事情,Atlas 只是可能想摆脱这件差事,并不是想杀掉国王。故 21 题选 B 。
$ l# Z* `. M. ~' v7 P; y  从文末我们得知 Hercules 只是巧用一计便得到了苹果,他们并没有发生争打,也就无所谓 defeat ,因此 22 题的说法是错误的,故选 B 。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 06:11 , Processed in 0.394726 second(s), 21 queries .