QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 99|回复: 0

[综合类英语] 2012年职称英语综合类B级完形填空集中训练二

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The American Family3 k; R1 d( r0 ^6 _, G  h8 [
In the American family the husband and wife usually share important decision making. When the children are old enough, they take part__1__.
/ C) L+ }" b% |( w% hForeigners are often surprised by the permissiveness of American parents. The old rule that "children should be seen and not heard" is rarely__2__, and children are often allowed to do what they wish without strict parental__3__. The father seldom expects his children to obey him__4__ question, and children are encouraged to be independent__5__ an early age. Some people believe that American parents carry this freedom__6__ far. Others think that a strong father image would not__7__ the American values of equality and independence. Because Americans emphasize the importance of independence, young people are expected to __8__ their parental families by the time they have__9__ their late teens or early twenties.__10__, not to do so is often regarded as a failure, a kind of weak dependence.% G0 I* v1 `* I) W
This pattern of independence often results in serious__11__ for the aging parents of a small family. The average American is expected to live __12__ the age of 70. The job-retirement age is __13__ 65. The children have left home, married, and __!4__ their own households. At least 20 percent of all people over 65 do not have enough retirement incomes.__15__ the major problem of many elderly couples is not economic. They feel useless and lonely with neither an occupation nor a close family group.
' P4 U( w- d, u6 i4 J$ ?* t1.A) either B) though C) as well D) also
: x% C6 a7 M1 T/ u' V8 }+ ^2.A) discussed B) followed C) seen D) heard) L. Z* i. }4 \- E' w/ K4 `
3. A) control B) support C) agreement D) criticism! h$ [1 g9 }# F) Y* Q8 S7 R8 L
4. A) for B) on C) without D) in
% B3 X5 }' q# L, S! `. p: I3 _% g5. A) in B) at C) on D) for6 y6 l( u6 j7 v: F: q$ y  d
6. A) too B) almost C) nearly D) quite
9 `0 R+ p1 l+ `6 ?2 T5 z- o- w9 C7. A) fit B) meet C) suit D) satisfy2 Y5 S6 l+ k9 }
8. A) break up B) break into C) break through D) break away from! v/ ^7 m7 F+ R% |0 d. V) W
9.A) reached B) come C) arrived D) D) developed) Z0 d1 {7 J* A# ^
10.A) In truth B) In name C) Indeed D) In a word7 N+ _# M: d8 C6 q3 ?
11.A) questions B) problems C) matters D) affairs
% h; J2 x2 p" }5 a12.A) on B) up C) from D) beyond
1 H' ^% V/ v3 E( O3 b# t: n13.A) only B) usually C) sometimes D) seldom
% F- Y- ?9 u3 ^0 u, q14.A) set forth B) set aside C) set up D) set down6 n/ `) ]! P6 @+ I, J: a
15.A) But B) Therefore C) In contrast D) On the other hand
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 01:32 , Processed in 0.151135 second(s), 21 queries .