立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 52|回复: 0

[综合类英语] 2012职称英语等级试综合类B级综合练习七

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The American Family   In the American family the husband and wife usually share important decision making. When the children are old enough, they take part ____1____. Foreigners are often surprised by the permissiveness of American parents. The old rule that "children should be seen and not heard" is rarely ____2____, and children are often allowed to do what they wish without strict parental ___3____. The father seldom expects his children to obey him ____4____ question, and children encouraged to be independent ______5_____ an early age. Some people believe that American parents carry this freedom _____6____ far. Others think that a strong father image would not ____7____ the American values of equality and independence. Because Americans emphasize the importance of independence, young people are expected to ____8___ their parental families by the time they have ____9_____ their late teens or early twenties. ____10____, not to do so is often regarded as a failure, a kind of weak dependence.
/ x5 J2 ]$ k! T! r9 N9 s: N+ c  This pattern of independence often results in serious _____11____ for the aging parents of a small family. The average American is expected to live ____12____ the age of 70. The job-retirement age is ____13____ 65. The children have left home, married, and _____14_____ their own households. At least 20 percent of all people over 65 do not have enough retirement incomes. ____15____ the major problem of many elderly couples is not economic. They feel useless and lonely with neither an occupation nor a close family group.; b3 D! p$ g& _4 `, f  u
  1. A either B though C as well D also) x* d, F+ d5 R: G6 e' \
  2. A discussed B followed C seen D heard+ z; I/ z8 o" Q
  3. A control B support C agreement D criticism) Q7 Q0 t' c' N* v: l/ H  L
  4. A for B on C without D in
! p$ [- ^, A7 Y  5. A in B at C on D for
2 _0 a" i  a5 a  6. A too B almost C nearly D quite4 F8 k: {. |/ i/ w7 F2 m; c
  7. A fit B meet C suit D satisfy
, i5 k$ l) y7 X  8. A break up B break into C break through D break away from
! o5 C1 l8 S# s) p' B- l8 g  9. A reached B come C arrived D developed
( w( W, |# x/ R: }8 }0 b5 L  10. A In truth B In name C In summary D In a word
& e3 m: z2 X" p' O  11. A questions B problems C matters D affairs- j+ J2 R! F: N
  12. A on B up C from D beyond$ n; w) `: [0 j3 B+ K
  13. A only B usually C sometimes D seldom
: }; E! Z6 p8 _$ ?% M0 \$ ]& Y  14. A set forth B set aside C set up D set down9 q# k4 N8 {$ k
  15. A But B Therefore C In contrast D On the other hand: j% d  j! k! K
  答案:CBACB ACDAC BDBCA
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 01:31 , Processed in 0.183769 second(s), 21 queries .