QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 81|回复: 1

[综合类英语] 2012年职称英语综合类B级完形填空提升练习题八

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Breastfeeding Can Cut Cardiovascular Risk
! b2 T9 F6 b+ I/ N8 k- DBreastfeeding can reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke later in life and could prevent hundreds of_____1_____of deaths each year, researchers said on Friday.
! f9 M+ U+ \. R# yBabies who are breastfed have fewer childhood infections and allergies and are less_____2_____to obesity. British scientists have now shown that breastfeeding and slow grown in the first weeks and months of life has a protective effect_____3_____cardiovascular disease.: }" Q3 C# L& i8 X
“Diets that promote more rapid growth put babies at risk many years later in_____4_____” of raising their blood pressure, raising their cholesterol and increasing their tendency to diabetes and obesity—the_____5_____main risk factors for stroke and heart attack,” said Professor Alan Lucas of the Institute of Child Health in London.% z" B/ Y. a7 }+ ^6 l# z
“Our evidence suggests that the reason why breast-fed babies do better is because they grow more_____6_____in the early weeks.”
0 `4 e7 R4 r# r6 Y+ i0 @' \Lucas said the effects of breastfeeding on blood pressure and cholesterol later in life are greater than_____7_____adults can do to control the risk factors for cardiovascular disease, other than taking drugs.8 H; T3 b9 O: O$ A
An estimated 17 million people die of_____8_____disease, particularly heart attack and strokes, each year, according to the World Health Organization.
7 f1 W8 m% F; {( ?Lucas and his colleagues compared the health of 216 teenagers_____9_____as babies had either been breastfed or given different nutritional baby formulas. They reported their_____10_____ in The Lancet medical journal.
; q% g/ ?& l& Y; zThe teenagers who had been_____11_____ had a 14-percent lower ratio of bad to good cholesterol and lower concentrations of a protein that is a marker for cardiovascular disease risk.  X4 M6 @$ Y3 z, _% ?
The researchers also found that_____12_____ of the child’s weight at birth, the faster the infants grew in the early weeks and months of life, the_____13_____ was their later risk of heart disease and stroke. The effect was the_____14_____ for both boys and girls.
9 X0 y3 k  G# v7 Y“The more human milk you have in the newborn period, the lower your cholesterol level is, the lower your blood pressure is 16 years_____15_____ ,”Lucas said.5 K. H& d0 o0 x: W) B5 t8 j
1.A.hundreds B. thousands C. millions D. numbers0 Y& L- p& Q/ P4 V; ^2 w9 b& }
2.A.likely B. possible C. easy D. prone
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:36 | 显示全部楼层

2012年职称英语综合类B级完形填空提升练习题八

3.A.against B. towards C. onto D. upon
5 C- r1 F6 _+ R8 _& R$ t4.A.forms B. cases C. terms D. places7 |- Z( J* z. l
5.A.two B. four C. three D. five1 y9 n# ^* R( S" ]! L' }3 }) [
6.A.slowly B. quickly C. strongly D. obviously
# Y/ m: P( x" R  A, _7.A.which B. that C. something D. anything
0 O- |* f3 K. T/ U0 Q* r8.A.various B. heart C. cardiovascular D. multiple
6 ]' j  k  ]. k$ \: e# |& X9.A.who B. such C. when D. taken
& X- j8 L) V# S* U* L10.A.thoughts B. findings C. viewpoints D. breakthroughs- M  z6 @- r! C( P" u2 b+ M5 U
11.A.surveyed B. interviewed C. handled D. breastfed. o( F, w. |+ G. S2 x
12.A.despite B. warning C. regardless D. needful
9 v( X) T! C0 U6 }8 U: D- ?: n13.A.smaller B. greater C. faster D. worse
' @' v- h) S6 D9 O; ^/ o& x  I14.A.true B. right C. proper D. same; ]8 H0 @% `8 F$ K4 `6 K
15.A.later B. after C. late D. ago! b! b7 B  ^! y7 W8 H4 F1 i+ w, S
BDACB ADCAB DCBDA
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 01:15 , Processed in 0.354994 second(s), 23 queries .