立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 95|回复: 1

[综合类英语] 2012年职称英语综合类B级完形填空提升练习题六

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Pressure mounted on Britain on Monday to take action on ____1____ smoking with new research showing second-hand smoke ____2____ about one worker each week in the hospitality industry.. M3 G% r7 Y% i; o4 @
Professor Konrad Jamrozik, of Imperial College in London. Told a conference on environmental tobacco that second-hand ____3____ kills 49 employees in pubs. restaurants and hotels each year and contributes to 700 deaths from lung cancer, heart ____4____ and stroke across the total national work force.
! S% ?6 q. o9 B  U& v* N: P8 Z"Exposure in the hospitality ____5____ at work outweights the consequences of exposure of living ____6____ a smoker for those staff," Jamrozik said in an interview.
+ t* B9 ~$ ]6 ^3 R& R- J) d& W! TOther ____7____ have measured the levels of exposure to passive smoking but Jamrozik calculated how it would translate into avoidable deaths.  {8 z! j8 h& R
His findings are ____8____ on the number of people working in the hospitality industry in Britain, their exposure to second-hand smoke and their ____9____ of dying form it.  g) K1 j+ K' P6 P& ]( ?
Jamrozik said the findings would apply to ____10____ countries in Europe because, to a greater or ____11____ extent, levels of smoking in the community are similar.
2 ~4 ?, x. ?3 C6 ~5 B9 r* V. w+ ?Professor Carol Black, president of the Royal College of Physicians. Which sponsored the meeting, said the research is proof of the need for a ban on smoking in ____12____ places.
% y, D/ I- Q6 G: g4 X1 E"Environmental tobacco smoke in pubs, bars, restaurants and other public places is ____13____ damaging to the health of employees as well as the general public." She said in a statement.9 C9 ^) F( o& x& O  q4 {* L
"Making these places smoke-free not only protects vulnerable staff and the public, it will ____14____ help over 300,000 people in Britain to stop smoking completely." She added.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:36 | 显示全部楼层

2012年职称英语综合类B级完形填空提升练习题六

Ireland recently became the first country to introduce a national ban on smoking in public ____15____. New York and parts of Australia have taken similar measures.& i1 P) Z" ?- X- K9 o# {9 q) `$ ?# X
1.A. passiveB. naturalC. extensiveD. whole. ^5 z# P3 [' @( t2 t7 t  E: {
2.A. killsB. hurtsC. woundsD. injures
! I+ K8 j$ q$ r5 b3.A. dealingB. workingC. smokingD. shopping7 w+ t; |+ `! C7 u6 Z& A, l& x
4.A. rateB. motionC. systemD. disease
7 s" O7 c3 N4 W! @" u7 C# F5.A. levelB. industryC. locationD. nature
8 j# ]' w, M. o, g5 c6.A. closeB. withC. forD. next
3 h! {! }6 Q( m% x) U2 _7.A. researchersB. patientC. membersD. smokers
, A% [/ @, ]1 U' T' W4 `8.A. appliedB. basedC. calledD. relied! c' a2 r$ ~8 R: F
9.A. learningB. turningC. dyingD. suffering
& j9 C0 l% S! L& J5 B' Y1 k& ~: ~4 Y10.A. noB. mostC. fewD. some
2 U% B# D1 y0 S' }* a$ ^11.A. smallB. largerC. lesserD. more
( e1 C4 b; B+ E4 i- F1 d3 m12.A. privateB. secretC. openD. public, s; b9 n: M: j) r
13.A. seriouslyB. strangelyC. nervouslyD. personally
9 H8 ^5 M. W. p2 W. A/ U14.A. yetB. stillC. alsoD. just
# \, v8 f' b# e( G+ @% T15.A. sportsB. placesC. movesD. actions: B7 m3 `$ z4 Z. i1 w! J) f
AACDB  BABDB CDACB
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 01:48 , Processed in 0.189487 second(s), 23 queries .