QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 121|回复: 1

[综合类英语] 2013年职称英语综合类B级:阅读理解模拟12

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2013年职称英语综合类B级:阅读理解模拟12
) t9 Y8 j9 |% S7 L! F( wYou must be familiar with the situation:Dad’s driving,Mum’s telling him where to go.He’s sure that they need to turn left But she says it’s not for another two blocks.Who has the better sense of direction? Men or women.
5 x. [! I1 w3 _  They both do, a new study says.but in different ways.
1 I7 f6 k2 a$ c9 l  Men and women.Canadian researchers have found,have different methods of finding theirway.Men look quickly at landmarks(地标)and head off in what they think is the right direction.Women, however, try to picture the whole route in detail and then follow the path in their head. / F# U$ J( I7 I3 E
  “women tend to be more detailed,”said Edward Cornell.who led the study,“while men tend to be a little bit faster and …a little bit more intuitive(直觉感知的).” 7 i: z" Q* q$ u. n; q/ B
  In fact, said Cornell,“sense of direction”isn’t one skill but two. 考试用书
- z  M% o: m3 S/ j! y) \  The first is the“survey method”.This is when you see all area from above, such as a printed map.Y0u can see,for example,where the hospital is,where the church is and that the supermarket is on its right.
! _! H' B: o/ G3 T) M  The second skill is the“route method”This is when you use a series of directions.You start from the hospital,then turn left,turn fight,go uphill——and then you see the supermarket.
* M, M" D' i. G( U: o  c& F; Q  Men are more likely to use the survey method while women are more likely to use one route and follow directions. ' i9 e  Z  U% N  g3 X' W5 c9 ~
  Both work, and neither is better.
; G) F0 q  \$ n) Z# L/ k  e  Some scientists insist that these different skills have a long history. They argue it is because of the difference in traditional roles.
, c; C6 |! [) M" E% }  In ancient times,young men often went far away with the older men to fish or hunt.The trip took hours or days and covered unfamiliar places.The only way to know where you were was to use the survey method to remember landmarks—the mountains, the lakes and so on.
; @! c3 |" h; w" D' z) B  J+ |5 D; E' C$ h8 X
  The women,on the other hand,took young girls out to find fruits and plants.These activities were much closer to home but required learning well-used paths.So, women’s sense of space was based on learning certain routes.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:36 | 显示全部楼层

2013年职称英语综合类B级:阅读理解模拟12

</p>  41 When finding his way, Dad tends to rely on 0 B% b3 @8 k1 C* ~4 [
  A his intuitive knowledge. , u! Y7 k8 u. H4 v
  B his book knowledge. 9 g- N! l- z7 U$ k. U+ d
  C Mum's assistance.
+ o* @9 r+ v2 d( `; G  D the police's assistance. - S# x# ?: I+ i. ?
  42 Women are more likely to use / y( ~" S+ l- k
  A the survey method. 外语学习网" D6 s8 e3 m( m, _2 Z
  B the traditional method.
+ U" O( i6 B5 s7 [# k; K  C the route method. / j  S+ \/ @; d: Y
  D the right method. " p9 m3 m8 i* r0 n
  43 Which works better,the route method or the survey method?
1 W- Z! U, |9 E7 @  y7 o$ e  A The survey method.
: e  @( x5 b+ R7 u& |$ P  B The route method.
8 U! ^8 K+ l  x. E3 Y; ]! |  C Either.
, U2 _* @4 W. A4 T  J* P& K: x  D Neither. - h: S6 q& A- a  o6 w9 b5 @
  44 Which of the following is NOT a landmark?
2 ^1 `" v. j4 S$ d6 L4 k8 J  A A long river.
1 P0 l) J" P; {7 S- m  B A high mountain.
' e7 e) y8 n& z+ V, I: Z+ E7 k  C A magnificent church.
7 A/ W& H6 Y/ c- B: `& ?  D A path in your head.
8 b! {: [2 Y# G  45 Women developed a sense of space out of the need + s! z/ C& }1 ^" K6 z+ g
  A to go fishing.
$ n) W" X2 ^0 U  B to go hunting. ( b3 u3 w% {; C9 ]0 ]
  C to learn well-used paths.
8 J$ T6 u8 z1 T( B, Y) D  D to go swimming. 4 m- Y  ^6 ?' ^* o) I% c
  答案解析
7 a+ u) s: A6 b. b1 R0 t; y- Z  4l A 该题问的是:找路时爸爸依赖的是什么?A说的是:他的直觉知识。B说的是:他的书本知识。c说的是:妈妈的帮助。D说的是:警察的帮助。第四段的最后讲到男人时作者用了这么一个短语:a little bit more intuitive。直觉感知更多一些。可见A是正确答案。类似的描述也见于第三段。
  l/ f0 ~% W$ P1 ^  42 c 该题问的是:女人倾向于用什么?A说的是:测量法。B说的是:传统法。c说的是:路线法。D说的是:正确的办法。第三段的最后一句是这么说的:然而,女人是试图先把整个路线详详细细地记住,然后跟着脑子里的线路走。因此c是正确的。
& \- C- _8 ?- b: j% q5 b2 ]# Z  43 D 该题问的是:路线法和测量法,哪种更好些?倒数第四段是这么说的:两种都可以,不能说一种比另一种更好。可见D是正确的。 , `- l8 S- V' a9 w
  44 D 该题问的是:哪一种不是地标?顾名思义,你脑袋里的线路当然不是路标。
) h$ ^# c6 x" f) s2 D$ V  45 c 该题问的是:女人的方位感是出于什么样的需要形成的?A说的是:为了钓鱼。B说的是:为了打猎。c说的是:为了熟悉常用的道路。D说的是:为了游泳。c可以在最后一段的倒数第二旬找到。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 06:13 , Processed in 0.364404 second(s), 23 queries .