查看: 125|回复: 1

[综合类英语] 职称英语综合类完形填空讲义1

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
PASSAGE 1 4 j% t% g5 e8 n: {4 ?2 g
The Invention of the telephone
" d# R. i# k# a! ]5 B3 ~1 d
: U! J) t- l1 C# V
; ^' t' r  C. ^5 c$ k In the nineteenth century, the invention of the telegraph made it possible to send noises, signals, and even music over wires from one place to another. However, the human voice __1__ this way. Many inventors tried to find a __2__ to send a voice over wires, and in 1876 some of their efforts were crowned with success. ___3___ American inventors, Alexander Graham Bell and Elisha Gray, __4__ at almost the same time. The United States Supreme Court finally had to decide which of the two __5__ the first inventor of the telephone. The Court decided __6__ Bell's favor.
9 q2 a. t- w/ S4 [  n  Born in Edinbrug, Scotland, Bell grew up in a family __7__ was very interested in teaching people to speak. His grandfather had been an actor who left __8__ to teach elocution; his father was a teacher __9__ deaf-mutes learn how to speak., j, w% X1 u7 E/ ~; B# ~
  However, probably none of the __10__ inventions gave Bell the same feeling of triumph __11__ he had on the day when he spilled some acid from his batteries. It was after he had worked for months to find ways to send something more __12__metallic twangs over the wires. Thinking Watson, __13__, was in the next room, Bell called, "Mr.Watson, __14__. I want you." Watson was not in the next room. He was down in his laboratory, __15__ to the receiver. To Watson's surprise, he heard the words perfectly. He ran to tell Bell the news: the wires had carried Bell's voice perfectly.8 Y4 G  C* ~& s. F
EXERCISE:0 n" h9 X9 I& z) E
1. A) had never traveled B) never had traveled
; w, K0 B. T3 _' i! E5 V, g: w; ?% m C) was never traveled D) never was traveled% A% ~: H8 D9 d
2. A) solution B) key C) way D) mean
: E* ~, f: L: r9 K" @' N3. A)Two B) The two C) The two of D) Of two
- H  E& o4 L) x2 f7 ]; j9 |4. A) was succeeded B) have succeeded" m# I0 A4 ^8 U6 r: R* x
 C) succeeded D) was succeeding/ W7 j/ I9 N& T# @. R
5. A) was B) to be C) being D) having been
; s( @* a0 h# y/ a/ g, k% H: \6. A) at B) on C) to D) in
% x0 N/ g* D# b% D+ u  d) R- h1 A7. A) that B)where C) in which D) who' u; t$ m3 j6 j+ |; X
8. A) a theatre B) theatre C) theatres D) the treatre
: T( o% v  T, X9. A) which was helped B) that was helped' T" i3 _' j" ~) l7 Z
 C) who helped D) who has helped9 J( }4 ^3 b, Z4 W5 n9 {
10. A) later B) latter C) lately D) afterwards: P% ^. G1 b9 F0 N) n# K  d
11. A) like B) to C)which D) as
) }: }2 U7 A' Y) I' E! l9 t0 q12. A) of B) / C) as D) than; o, ~! f3 c6 c# i/ w  d
13. A) being his helper B) was his helper
* p, y4 }, N/ K( u* k C) his helper D) to be his helper  c# k! i" T* U8 {
14. A) come here B) come up C) go away D) go down" [- {3 P3 @% z' S6 k
15. A) besides B) beside C) next D) by
1 f; P& R# L# o" P8 _
. @  `. V% W4 X8 }* H1 I# f8 EKey: ACACADADCADDCAC* [2 e: u0 x" V6 r8 q) M

$ X! v1 I9 }9 _) I& o& c- l% P' m( r6 H. m
0 Z9 U' v7 ^& z' E. t& u
. I. O7 y5 B3 Y' w, U+ x* y9 p) {
PASSAGE 2
  h* \+ }6 e2 P' v3 \Cultural Difference
" |7 G) c+ c4 h* K8 q( Y7 H' k$ l9 r, P  A

/ i3 T8 l; G' R: E, S People from different cultures sometimes do things that make each other uncomfortable, sometimes without realizing it Most Americans ___1___ out of the country and have very ___2___ experience with foreigners. But they are usually spontaneous, friendly and open, and enjoy ___3___ new people, having guests and bringing people together formally or informally. They tend to use first names ___4___ most situations and speak freely about themselves. So if your American hosts do something that ___5___ you uncomfortable, try to let them know how you feel. Most people will __6__ your honesty and try not to take you uncomfortable again. And you'll all __7__ something about another culture!
- H5 q- x) A4 Z" e# i( G) F- t- @3 w  Many travelers find __8__ easier to meet people in the U.S. than in other countries. They may just come up and introduce themselves or even invite you over __9__ they really know you. Sometimes Americans are said to be __10__. Perhaps it seems so, but they are probably just __11__ a good time. Just like anywhere else, it takes time to become real friends __12__ people in the U.S.." [  s) k' J* s# t! d0 I" k4 B
  If and when you __13__ American friends, they will probably __14__ introducing you to their friends and family, and if they seem proud __15__ you, it's probably because they are. Relax and enjoy it!* J1 g& A) R' I! @0 l- b. n9 K
EXERCICE  u. l) X) }0 t3 {4 k
1. A) have never been B) have been never C) has never been D) has been never
( K# b3 |* w& U; Q. d8 `" d4 ~2. A) a little B) little C) much D) a great deal0 V' N/ ~1 j4 R6 k, f! H
3. A) meet B) to meet C)meeting D) to have met7 o( {# u8 K) d- t+ C' \! w5 M
4. A) on B) among C) within D) in& j0 [$ Z' }$ L: M( U$ ~
5. A) makes B) make C) made D) making
) z- V( H* f, C8 K) ^6. A) praise B) honor C) appreciate D) confirm* }/ t; w2 g! \0 j# |
7. A) pick B) select C) learn D) study
9 j* z5 x; l0 T; I3 ~8. A) this B) it C) them D) /; Z, p' w) F; m9 I, S( x
9. A) when B) if C)after D)before& x1 L3 E2 N( K0 H+ Z# w  b+ O
10. A) superficially friend B) superficial friend$ X$ _5 Z+ }1 h* S, d. V4 i
  C) superficially friendly D) superficial friendly
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:36 | 显示全部楼层

职称英语综合类完形填空讲义1

11. A) having B) taking C) making D) killing- U' x& D3 x! b7 I  P3 ?
12. A) with B) among C) to D) in
' h" y* j, O( `8 ^+ j13. A) get along with B) get rid of C) stay away from D) stay with
/ w7 v; R5 R: o  Q4 A1 I14. A) hate B) forbid C) avoid D) enjoy6 G2 a% c9 g: O8 d/ a" f
15. A) to know B) knowing C) know D) having known
6 T( t% h: u( ~. C# g( ^) J3 Q- b$ z0 f  s" ]4 V$ `9 d
Key: ABCDACCBDCAADDA
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-25 02:37 , Processed in 0.205594 second(s), 23 queries .