扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 124|回复: 1

[综合类英语] 职称英语综合类完形填空讲义5

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
PASSAGE 8 ; q; T- c* f. @. I4 Z
An Absent-minded Professor/ i( ?- l2 c5 W1 H4 C. R- K+ S

# g; ?" q5 \( t& x4 e7 m  v0 ]7 e9 N% X9 l% V3 X1 K1 c
 Professor Smith lived alone. He was very absent-minded. He used to __1__ the university to give a lecture and find that he had forgotten to bring his notes. Or he __2__ lose his spectacles and be unable to see the __3__. He could never find any chalk to __4__ with, and he often forgot the time and would ramble __5__ for hours because he had __6__ his watch at home. But the most __7__ thing of all about him was his __8__. His overcoat was rarely __9__, as most of the buttons were __10__. His shoes were usually untied because he had lost the laces. He __11__ his comb as well because his hair was always standing __12__, that is unless he was __13__ his battered old hat with the brim missing. His trousers were __14__ by an old tie instead of a belt. He was a chain smoker. He would smoke __15__ in class. Cigarette ash was liberally scattered over his waistcoat. ( ^2 h3 v9 f/ {) ?; ]
1. A) arrive in B) arrive at C) arrive D) arriving
2 }. j& [/ v1 y6 Y" }, k- z& m4 q2. A) was used to B) was accustomed to C) could D) would
& O: q( e8 j! h+ @3. A) blackboard B) floor C) door D) window
2 q( i+ z2 Y3 M4. A) teach B) deliver C) write D) address, i; [$ b4 p) m6 u6 z1 l
5. A) of B) at C) in D) on5 m( F: N4 ^# l0 G
6. A) put B) placed C) left D) forgotten' Q5 r9 f3 O7 e9 n# z
7. A) exciting B) amazing C) attractive D) delightful
5 e' _/ ]+ v$ I6 b% B8. A) appearance B) act C) behavior D) conduct
- X7 W9 ?8 N; t) W3 a9. A) tied B) fastened C) ironed D) patched
: }+ ]. U) J; f0 q10. A) losing B) falling C) missing D) hanging
1 C% {( |: \8 d$ U' \$ S11. A) has lost B) loses C) must have lost D) must lose
9 x' N1 k. v2 {# u% h( m12. A) on end B) up C) aside D) back. }8 {( T+ D+ K1 U$ L# t- Y
13. A) putting on B) wearing on C) wearing D) having
7 e+ Y) a. F# X) y  l0 s14. A) rounded up B) stuck together C) put together D) held up
. {8 e; n7 D' C/ \; H15. A) even B) frequently C) constantly D) continuously. t7 }1 B  t  T2 W5 N

+ b# l. x4 z' L( q+ i  @" F4 k* G& v' \" v5 T
Keys: BDACD CBABC CACDA7 [8 A  k6 v; ~. [- q1 u
: [7 q+ X$ ^% F. n

' F' Y% C" K9 T7 j% Z2 T* r7 f9 b6 b9 t. ~) A6 C+ m) M8 |
PASSAGE 9   j8 |0 B) E  r2 ?  q$ }6 D
Highways in the United States% c4 |, |- q6 A
+ d8 e& O1 t- n: c$ e& B; C1 y

, Q9 g! n. l2 S6 P* s/ q! Z" A The United States is well-known for its network of major highways designed to help a driver get from one place to another in the shortest possible time. __1__ these wide modern roads are generally __2__ and well maintained, with few sharp curves and __3__ straight sections, a direct route is not always the most __4__ one. Large highways often pass __5__ scenic areas and interesting small towns. Furthermore, these highways generally __6__ large urban centers which means that they become crowded with __7__ traffic during rush hours, __8__ the "fast, direct" way becomes a very slow route. However, there is almost always another route to __9__ if you are not in a hurry. Not for from the relatively new "superhighways", there are often older, __10__ heavily traveled roads which go through the countryside. __11__ are good lane roads; others are uneven roads curving __12__ the country. These secondary routes may go up steep slopes, along hilly cliffs or down frightening hillsides to towns __13__ in deep valleys. Though these are less __14__ routes, longer and slower, they generally go to places __15__ the air is clean and the scenery is beautiful, and the driver may have a chance to get a fresh, clean view of the world.
) F- K+ ^( _4 {. [' l1. A) Although B) But C) Since D) Because
0 U7 u' _9 ^3 i6 R, a5 r2. A) uneven B) bumpy C) rough D) smooth8 g; N7 J. ]( u5 p4 ?1 B
3. A) little B) much C) many D) few4 L2 x$ Q& ?/ u- N
4. A) terrible B) horrible C) tolerable D) enjoyable. f) L  h; Z+ Q( W  z
5. A) to B) into C) at D) by! Z! C2 _; N/ l" ]
6. A) merge B) connect C) combine D) mix4 D' M7 i  Y: R9 A3 _+ T2 E6 Y
7. A) busy B) small C) large D) heavy
+ J! L  g" n& A4 }# H  j8. A) when B) where C) which D) that
1 l5 K  f1 O8 C) b. F) t+ `. Q# _9. A) walk B) go C) take D) fix
3 K( k8 L; p: A5 p2 @10. A) more B) less C) very D) extremely# J6 T% r# d8 |* G( O: Z8 `
11. A) All of these B) None of these C) All roads D) Some of these4 Q8 T8 k) |, T" D
12. A) out of B) out C) through D) from
$ O9 I: @$ v( l) J13. A) lying B) lie C) lies D) lay
' e/ x& z8 j. F3 z14. A) direct B) indirect C) enjoyable D) beautiful
* a' X/ n$ v6 K15. A) these B) which C) that D) where1 r6 @2 n4 N# g& E  O# [7 b
( L( R1 Z- L. p9 ?
Keys: ADCDD BDACB DCAAD
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:36 | 显示全部楼层

职称英语综合类完形填空讲义5

PASSAGE 10 ( {8 ?% m( p' q
A Biological Clock+ U$ M0 h! m! ?! n

5 e0 k* b8 M' G+ F0 q+ H+ N$ _: o5 q& c" h% k" R" E
 Every living thing has what scientists call a biological clock that controls behavior. The biological clock tells __1__ when to form flowers and when the flowers should open. It tells __2__ when to leave the protective cocoon and fly away, and it tells animals and human beings when to eat, sleep and wake.
& T0 a0 o1 H. D  T2 |8 |% Y  Events outside the plant and animal __3__ the actions of some biological clocks. Scientists recently found, for example, that a tiny animal changes the color of its fur __4__ the number of hours of daylight. In the short __5__ of winter, its fur becomes white. The fur becomes gray brown in color in the longer hours of daylight in summer.) C7 Q) L. k8 ^$ w1 ~: D
  Inner signals control other biological clocks. German scientists found that some kind of internal clock seems to order birds to begin their long migration __6__ twice each year. Birds __7__ from flying become restless when it is time for the trip, __8__ they become calm again when the time of the flight has ended.- W- R$ t; `7 W/ @. n9 V# n
  Scientists say they are beginning to learn which __9__ of the brain contain biological clocks. An American researcher, Martin Moorhead, said a small group of cells near the front of the brain __10__ to control the timing of some of our actions. These __11__ tell a person when to __12__, when to sleep and when to seek food. Scientists say there probably are other biological clock cells that control other body activities.4 q  G& I7 o& y% m# D$ E# P
  Dr. Moorhead is studying __13__ our biological clocks affect the way we do our work. For example, most of us have great difficulty if we must often change to different work hours. __14__ can take many days for a human body to accept the major change in work hours. Dr. Moorhead said industrial officials should have a better understanding of biological clocks and how they affect workers. He said __15__ understanding could cut sickness and accidents at work and would help increase a factory's production. $ C+ e' G$ |4 t8 {
1. A) scientists B) humans C) plants D) animals3 T: m  {$ H3 |# S$ Q; `7 Q
2. A) insects B) birds C) fish D) snakes6 c& E& t+ v  V
3. A) effect B) affect C) effected D) affected
" u8 \/ K2 e) ^& J9 x0 {; c0 Q4. A) because B) for the reason that C) because of D) since
, |, s+ P4 G' g$ h, N3 A5. A) months B) days C) minutes D) weeks% u, t4 R8 C& E! Z: j3 n
6. A) flight B) fly C) movement D) transportation
+ t: Q. e# E4 t* p6 p9 L7. A) prevented from B) ordered by C) helped by D) intruded on' ], p8 {5 O' J4 z* S% `2 g
8. A) and B) but C) therefore D) however
* L$ Q4 J1 t' z4 L9 e% R. w4 m9. A) portions B) parts C) sections D kinds
$ I9 B. _0 ^9 p$ I  o10. A) try B) tries C) seem D) seems
! U0 L) K8 g8 j: Y0 P5 [" n( l+ s11. A) things B) parts C) cells D) actions" b% w: Q! Q( |! n$ C) C
12. A) awaken B) wake C) awake D) wake-up" K9 T% d+ ^3 y2 K' y3 m* p
13. A) how B) why C) where D) what9 w7 G. ~3 {( f, C9 u, V! G! f
14. A) We B) It C) They D) You
% A# e. k: t2 m" ?3 n5 Z15. A) so B) with C) such D) if3 }2 P4 r" G& E, l% v

. u8 @/ M$ L6 v+ _- _; `KEYS: CABCB AABBD CAABC
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 01:01 , Processed in 0.324082 second(s), 23 queries .