查看: 91|回复: 1

[综合类英语] 职称英语综合类完形填空讲义11

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
PASSAGE 22  " [" z4 W5 g& B, K1 b3 G3 t
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
# c5 t; `* R- J5 f- p7 }, p- ?# Q
! a* e9 k' B# H- z7 v
 Before 1933, and particularly during the period 1929-33, bank failures were not uncommon. _1_ a bank overextended itself in creating credit or if several of its important loans could not be _2_, depositors in the bank would frequently become panicky and begin to make large withdrawals. __3__ the bank had only a small number of its deposits backed by currency, the band would soon be unable to meet withdrawals, and most depositors __4__ their money. Most frequently a bank merely needed time to improve its cash position by __5__ some of its loans and not making additional ones. In 1933, the number of bank failures __6__ a peak, forcing the federal government to intervene and __7__ the banks temporarily. To help restore the public’s confidence __8__ banks and strengthen the banking community, Congress passed legislation setting up the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. __9__ corporation, an agency of the federal government, now insures over 90 percent of all mutual savings and commercial bank deposits for __10__ $100,000 per deposit. The FDIC has __11__ its insurance fund by charging member institutions one-twelfth of 1 percent of their total deposits.
: l" b5 T4 s& }/ T, c$ `  As a result of the protection provided by the FDIC and through other kinds of supervision, bank failures have been __12__ to a few isolated instances. When deposits are federally insured, people __13__ rush to withdraw their money if they __14__ the financial condition of their bank. The delay gives the banks the necessary time to adjust their cash credit balance, and this action helps to reduce the __15__ of bankruptcy. For an example of the value of the FDIC, note that the failure in 1974 of the huge Franklin National Bank did not touch off a panic, and that depositors lost no money as Franklin was taken over by another bank. 2 b8 R5 [; y5 b3 m' L. |% l

1 Z4 T0 R/ l- [& G) @2 z" wEXERCISE:
0 D4 E- A. v8 e$ M: Q* B0 H/ F9 j. Y# x! B+ U0 ^
1. A) Although B) Even if C) If D) Because ! x! Q7 p5 Q$ _8 ]9 w0 I+ z
2. A) repaid B) deposited C) found D) saved
& B) _# w- u6 A! X6 N. l3. A) Because B) Because of C) As a result D) considering & o/ @  M; N0 f. h( T
4. A) lost B) had lost C) will lose D) would lose
6 \/ F' ?9 E9 B4 R# L* B5. A) calling on B) calling for C) calling off D) calling in % i, |' o. S: @& b6 k# T+ c
6. A) fell from B) reached C) climbed up D) arrived
/ r! C  b% L# w, J7. A) closed B) closing C) close D) has closed
4 X7 e+ z- ~; Q- Y, R8. A) to B) in C) of D) into
8 z# X+ g' v( M. p: z2 G9. A) For the B) This C) As a D) A
" i7 x1 Y# j1 V10. A) up to B) as much C) as many as D) equal
# h, P& H7 s' S/ q" X+ S11. A) built up B) build up C) been built D) build 9 `6 _7 Q8 V# V8 C2 r
12. A) growing B) increased C) reduced D) disappeared 9 r/ E5 b3 L% X: ?  w
13. A) no B) any more C) no longer D) not  
. i6 f8 a* r: E5 D$ Y/ v) i* ]! Z" M14. A) become concerned about B) become concerned with  . l; g0 a6 M3 R! t& k/ _/ p
C) become concerned in D) concern
. W: m* K2 j! a1 b15. A) likely B) possibility C) possibly D) opportunity 4 n3 r) a& X3 B6 C( o# G$ L) J+ H
  R( y7 k6 a6 W0 @, m
Key: CAADD BCBBA ACCAB
/ W% g  t  F/ Y4 ^- m; P8 \2 A# M% H! A. S  z
, m3 ~+ h4 ^2 }/ g7 p
" H( L: ^9 S- L- J& Y5 }
1 T. b5 ?, [3 b/ y4 g) D2 X. e2 A
PASSAGE 23
' r3 I# f5 ?- J( t3 M* g" S; G0 I5 O6 S6 f3 n( m0 ]4 A
Brokers ! F* f0 c+ u3 l) l! Q2 \$ ]0 L
/ U5 b( j4 Z, w) ?8 e
2 \( o; d4 C# f
 Brokers neither physically handle products being distributed nor work on a continuing __1__ with their principals. __2__, a broker is an independent wholesaling middleman that brings buyers and sellers together and provides market information to either party. Most brokers work for sellers, __3__ a small percentage represent buyers.
* E7 u' F, S2 W1 h& o  Brokers have no authority to set prices. They simply negotiate a sale and leave it up to the seller to accept or __4__ the buyer’s offer. They also furnish considerable market information __5__ prices, products, and general market conditions. % f) p! W8 H0 \! y
  Because of the limited services provided , brokers receive relatively small commissions-5 percent or less. __6__, brokers need to operate on a low -cost basis. * g( w: E' ?* S6 _& b
  Food brokers __7__ buyers and sellers of food and __8__ general-merchandise items to one another and bring them together to complete a sale. They are well __9__ about market conditions, terms of sale, sources of credit, price setting, potential __10__, and the art of negotiating. They do not actually provide credit but sometimes store and deliver goods. Brokers also do not __11__ goods and usually are not allowed to complete a transaction __12__formal approval. Like other brokers, food brokers generally represent the seller, who pays their commission.
# C7 U3 k: n& k, D  Food brokers, __13__manufactures’ agents, operate in specific geographic locations and work for a limited __14__ of food producers within these areas. Their sales force calls on chain-store buyers, store managers, and institutional purchasing agents. Brokers work __15__with advertising agencies. The average commission for food brokers is 5 per cent of sales.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:36 | 显示全部楼层

职称英语综合类完形填空讲义11

EXERCISE:
( r& C  U8 I, J1 @+ K( H8 Z2 S. o7 f" R2 A" C. a5 c
1. A) basic B) basical C) basically D) basis % ^7 M; f" q) {# r
2. A) Instead of B) Instead C) So D) Therefore + e0 [- j+ t! s
3. A) for example B) as a result C) since D) although
! X1 U; D: ?2 k& |4. A) raise B) take C) reject D) lower
& Y5 k/ m4 S8 G0 ^4 [5. A) regards B) in relation C) with regard D) regarding % Q9 U0 F3 n6 p! P; P; F1 E
6. A) However B) Therefore C) For instance D) Because 2 r$ [) X; U: E
7. A) introduce B) to introduce C) take D) bring / \* R/ [) O: Y- v
8. A) relating B) relate C) to relate to D) connected with 0 b5 H0 s2 a; A9 S- R9 Y( ~
9. A) informed of B) informing C) known D) informed
7 e* a# U7 ~$ p1 Q10. A) sellers B) people C) buyers D) agents
% y, w4 ?% U2 Y11. A) take title to B) take title of C) have title of D) give the title to
; z0 V* U$ H+ A2 P6 @+ t0 J) }3 S12. A) with B) have C) in the possession of D) without
* X5 V: G/ O& t13. A) alike B) like C) resemble D) look like  . f! H2 l. W9 K: L( p2 x2 L% g' R
14. A) number B) sum C) amount D) quantities ( y* _' u) T/ ?% f; [
15. A) close B) loose C) closely D)closer
. F  Y0 |$ f( L1 I! @6 {
6 a: u8 b! ]' }/ A. p; J) G# z+ zKey: DBDCD BABDC ADBAC
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 01:13 , Processed in 0.197368 second(s), 23 queries .