立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 64|回复: 1

[综合类英语] 2012职称英语综合A类阅读理解完全解析七

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
We all know that the normal human daily cycle of activity is of some 7-8 hours’ sleep alternating with some 16-17 hours’ wakefulness and that, broadly speaking,me sleep normally coincides with the hours of darkness. Our present concern is with how easily and to what extent this cycle can be modified. $ H$ M0 ?# N! N( k; \; Q2 S: }
The question is no mere academic one. The ease,for example, with which people can change from working in the day to working at night is a question of growing importance in industry where automation calls for round-the-clock working of machines.It normally takes from five days to one week for a person to adapt to a reversed routine of sleep and wakefulness,sleeping during the day and working at night. Unfortunately,it is often the case in industry that shifts are changed every week;a person may work from 12 midnight to 8 a.m.one week, 8 a.m.to 4 p.m.the next, and 4 p.m.to 12 midnight the third and so on.This means that no sooner has he got used to one routine than he hast0 change to another,so that much of his time is spent neither working nor sleeping very efficiently.
  ?; @+ L& C2 c. s' V& IThe only real solution appears to be to hand over the night shift to a number of permanent night workers. An interesting study of the domestic life and health of night-shift workers was carried out by Brown in 1957. She found a high incidence of disturbed sleep and other disorders among those on alternating day and night shifts,but no abnormal occurrence of these phenomena among those on permanent night work. ( z& \* X) B! H
This latter system then appears to be the best long-term policy,but meanwhile something may be done to relieve the strains of alternate day and night work by selecting those people who can adapt most quickly to the changes of routine.One way of knowing when a person has adapted is by measuring his body temperature.People engaged in normal daytime work will have a high temperature during the hours of wakefulness and a low one at night; when they change to night work the pattern will only gradually go back to match the new routine and the speed with which it does so parallels,broadly speaking,the adaptation of the body as a whole,particularly in terms of performance. Therefore,by taking body temperature at intervals of two hours throughout the period of wakefulness it can be seen how quickly a person can adapt to a reversed routine, and this could be used as a basis for selection· So far,however,such a form of selection does not seem to have been applied in practice.
- I1 W& k0 b! j3 Q  k2 y. bThe best solution for implementing the 24-hour working system seems _____.
4 C; @; Y0 T3 V$ TA to change shifts at longer intervals
% y# ~7 t! F# x- s, g% n/ A  m3 YB to have longer shifts
0 H) i, w: n. G: ZC to employ people who work on night shifts only
  ]' ~/ r" Q0 b. YD to create better living conditions for night workers / U  ~* |4 `3 ]( V
本题考察应试者对文章具体内容的理解。这需要联系和概括第三段的第一句和第四段第一句的意思。第三段第一句说,"要真正解决这个问题似乎只有把夜班活固定地交给一批干长夜班的工人去干"。第四段第一句话又说,"这种专人干长夜班的方法看来不失为最佳的长远之计"。所以选项C是正确答案。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:46:36 | 显示全部楼层

2012职称英语综合A类阅读理解完全解析七

5.根据所读材料进行判断和推理 , |* x9 A# d3 ]0 g0 F9 ?
判断和推理的能力对深刻理解一篇文章十分重要。特别是对理解作者字里行间的言外之意以及作者的观点、写作意图和态度十分重要。所以这也是阅读理解测试中常见的题目内容。这类题常要求应试者推断文章的含义和引申意思,根据文章所提供的部分细腻或者文章的含义进行归纳,判断所节选文章的某一部分的内容要点,有时甚至要求推断作者的身份。下面是判断、推理的一些常见的表达方式。 3 E% {- M8 `! g5 w9 m! F
(1) What is implied in the sentence(s) …? 4 p9 X9 K& `! u& h2 n- U& G
(2)It is implied in the passage that _____. 6 z8 M$ W3 e9 J: l) f
(3)The passage implies/suggests that _____.
+ s; e/ z- j! z) R7 z(4) It can be inferred/seen/concluded from the passage that _____.
: ~6 B4 x9 j. p(5)Which of the following can be inferred from this passage?
% G1 a& }& @" `3 b( k* @(6)Which of the following can be concluded from this passage? : F+ j( T- g5 N! W( R0 B3 [
(7) Which of t11e following conclusions could best be drawn from the passage?
! a! L$ K- A0 T: K7 d# @0 p4 T$ G" l1 v(8) Based on the passage,we can assume that _____.
6 b* o$ j" Y1 w5 {; {2 X! n(9)We Call learn from the passage that the author is _____. - _& O+ M( I! U: L
(10) In which of the following publications would this passage most likely be printed? ) _1 @/ x' _' f9 A4 \( A
(11) The paragraph following the passage would most probably discuss _____.
% I# n7 F" [0 o. x. T& c; i! g6 B(12) What would the paragraph preceding this passage probably discuss?
) n( \+ R+ w4 j1 p& _例1 ; s/ z( B$ F- V) ^8 [& a/ g  j% O- Q
"D0 you believe in life after death?’’ Jack’s boss asked Jack. # x0 m' e% ~$ L, b0 N( {& Q
"Yes,sir.’’
% P5 d6 J! w+ c6 L) n"Well, then,that makes everything just fine,"the boss went on. "About an hour after you left yesterday to go to your grandfather’s funeral, he dropped in to see you."
3 a( ~2 Z0 q: V7 t( q0 {(1)What do you suppose Jack did the day before? 8 L: u8 S4 T- [2 c* e. X
A He attended his grandfather’s funeral.
% K. S9 `+ R$ V& [9 ^9 g+ h* AB He told a lie to get the day off. ( d8 O# X/ E5 k$ f& j# e- G
C He meant to attend a funeral but didn’t.
5 V& }# ?. o3 u, nD He did nothing special;he worked as usual.
: i  R0 ~& ]. z7 m' e(2)What do you suppose happened to Jack’s grandfather the day before? 1 `% q* j7 V# l1 r6 G) q/ b" d  \
A He had been dead for some days but suddenly came to life again. ) Z4 l4 M8 s3 V) K
B He was well and alive but his family thought he was dead and planned a funeral. + q( J' \  n! J" ^. O4 j
C He learned that Jack had cheated his boss and came to expose him. - _8 ?& {  w3 S+ J$ v, ]/ b! c& {* p3 G
D Nothing special happened to him; he was going about his usual business. ! E, u! E: {1 p: K' g/ V! A
(3)When the boss said,"That makes everything just fine", he _____.
0 N  v4 q& g: W( PA meant he was glad that Jack’s grandfather was still alive 9 C( w! I8 K( a! Z
B meant he was glad that Jack believed in life after death
9 u% C, U6 F+ C6 v1 W- f% {0 NC was, in fact, telling Jack that everything was OK
" Y7 P( c$ Q3 C! p) b8 zD was, in fact, telling Jack that he had been found out ! ]2 T4 k% @) @0 \, K' }* V+ `' o
(4)Who does the writer want to say was a real believer in life after death?
1 }& z3 N5 c+ Z' t. D# BA Jack.
: ]0 i" _& A* |3 B, cB Jack’s boss.
3 Q; V5 U: S# j: @/ C+ IC Jack’s grandfather.
# ~2 U8 ?3 c) x& tD No one.
% k  N% \2 v: V5 @- d这是一个幽默故事,它的幽默点往往不会直接说出来。应试者应该领悟其隐含的核心信息:杰克撒谎然后被揭穿。 6 Y/ y! L" m  R* s' z+ q
这四个问题的答案如下:(1)B (2)D (3)D (4)D
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 02:16 , Processed in 0.453350 second(s), 23 queries .