QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 103|回复: 1

[卫生类英语] 职称英语卫生类C级完型填空推荐文章(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Once-daily pill could simplify HIV treatment  x6 r6 I. W5 X8 f$ O+ D

" _) s3 s2 |1 z: D1 SMyers Squibb and Gilead Sciences have combined many H.I.V. drugs into a single pill Sometimes the best medicine is more than one kind of medicine. Malaria, tuberculosis and H.I.V./AIDS,2 for example, are all treated with ____1____ of drugs. But that can mean a lot of pills to take. It would be ____2____ if drug companies combined all the medicines into a single pill, taken just once a day.% l- K. T0 \4 U& P- Y
Now, two companies say they have done that for people just ____3____ treatment for H.I.V., the virus that causes AIDS. The companies are Bristol-Myers Squibb and Gilead Sciences. They have ____4____ a single pill that combines three drugs currently on the market.3 Bristol-Myers Squibb sells one of them ____5____ the name of Sustiva.4 Gilead combined the ____6____, Emtriva and Viread, into a single pill in two thousand four.
) D0 U; J6 Q9 b, ECombining drugs involves more than ____7____ issues. It also involves issues of competition ____8____ the drugs are made by different companies. The new once-daily pill is the result of ____9____ is described as the first joint venture agreement of its kind in the treatment of H.I.V. 2 H$ t' y- S9 @" |
In January the New England Journal of Medicine5 published a study of the new pill. Researchers compared its ____10____ to6 that of the widely used combination of Sustiva and Combivir. Combivir ____11____ two drugs, AZT7 and 3TC.8 The researchers say that after one year of treatment, the new pill suppressed H.I.V. levels in more patients and with ____12____ side effects.9 Gilead paid for the study. Professor Joel Gallant at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland, led the research. He is a paid adviser to Gilead and Bristol-Meyers Squibb as well as the maker of Combivir, GlaxoSmithKline. 9 [  Z% n; K0 a
Glaxo Smith Kline reacted ____13____ the findings by saying that a single study is of limited value. It says the effectiveness of Combivir has been shown in each of more than fifty studies.
* f* C  f  B! m% t0 c0 n- OThe price of the new once-daily pill has not been announced. But Gilead and Bristol-Myers Squibb say they will provide it at reduced cost to developing countries. They plan in the next few months to ask the United States Food and Drug Administration10 to ____14____ the new pill.
  Y- m% i3 j% {( O, |. L  AThere are limits to who could take it because of the different drugs it contains. For example, ____15____ women are told not to take Sustiva because of the risk of birth disorders.11 Experts say more than forty million people around the world are living with H.I.V.
2 s$ \  `9 l  b
) v  K1 N4 P) Q  O词汇:9 U' V9 t3 l$ v3 n( P3 ]2 j7 g
malaria  n. 疟疾
( a; Z# \- [6 s! g+ `tuberculosis  n. 结核(病). h9 ~8 o) u. P, u3 x1 G+ x
joint  adj. 联合的,共同的
/ i: Y9 L; Q% ?0 K% ^  o. M6 Wsuppress  vt. 抑制来源:中国职称英语考试网2 t" S& g9 ]$ Y' x& K
pregnant  adj. 妊娠的,有孕的# {2 x5 j( r9 V% a% k! q; w

0 C2 Z$ }* y" T2 N4 y9 v+ c7 b注释:7 M% r- e4 s/ u4 W
1.  HIV ( human immunodeficiency virus ):人免疫缺陷病毒6 \3 G$ l! |) V2 |2 H3 m
2.  AIDS ( acquired immunodeficiency syndrome ):获得性免疫缺陷综合征,艾滋病
6 ]5 C, J) R, B3.  (be / come)on the market:出售0 x2 J1 f: a0 h! x- ]- ^3 l
4.  Sustiva以及后面出现的Emtriva、Viread和Combivir都是治疗艾滋病药物的商品名。
+ x1 i* J/ u9 i6 q7 h5.  New England Journal of Medicine:新英格兰医药杂志。New England 是美国东北六州( Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island 和 Connecticut )的总称。
- F' l% o* r! Q6 F5 u# O; s6.  英国英语中compare with是“与…相比较”的意思,compare to是“把...比作...” 的意思,但在美国英语中compare to也有compare with的意思,这里就是“把...与…相比较”的意思。  - }! x3 \$ n( G# F
7.  AZT (Azidothymidine ):叠氨胸苷(能抑制引起艾滋病的人免疫缺陷病毒)
2 k' u" Z6 e: c4 L4 I8.  3TC:拉夫米定(一种胞嘧啶核苷衍生物,能抑制乙肝病毒和人免疫缺陷病毒的逆转录酶的活性,改善肝脏组织的病变)
& o/ `& o! j' }$ M4 c* v8 y8 ^9.  side effect:副作用来源:中国职称英语考试网
0 D3 C) W9 m2 z' V; }8 ~& k  ]10.  United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA):美国食品与药品管理局
3 x- z4 p2 }) |+ C, p2 ^% j* M11.  birth disorder:先天性疾病
+ y& L3 h7 J: X8 g ! L+ V, R! {6 Z5 ~
练习:% T" C" p- p" D% }* ?  F
1.  A) conservation      B) cooperation      C) combinations     D) considerations  : K" q- D: n( ]7 L6 d  {1 v* A
2.  A) simpler          B) more complex    C) more meaningless  D) more troublesome
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:34 | 显示全部楼层

职称英语卫生类C级完型填空推荐文章(1)

3.  A) starting          B) stopping         C) ending           D) discontinuing  
( d  X" w" y, @4.  A) analyzed         B) examined        C) explored          D) developed  
4 u: s, G+ }; Z5.  A) before           B) after            C) under            D) above  
: b0 t+ Q6 K. l0 {6.  A) one             B) ones            C) other             D) others  - G. h" W, {& i/ H
7.  A) social           B) technical         C) personal          D) historical  - O' ?# `- _9 _! r- t* z
8.  A) if               B) as if             C) though           D) as though  0 v- N# v$ E7 B; B9 b
9.  A) that             B) which            C) what            D) whatever  : }* ]7 }) o" V0 l" I
10.  A) size            B) shape            C) appearance        D) effectiveness  2 S# K/ t! t+ o8 o" E8 ~1 g" `( g$ \
11.  A) excludes        B) contains           C) looks like        D) tastes of  
) D" {* S8 x, S! ^12.  A) few            B) fewer             C) many            D) more  % H/ t0 _& W0 ^
13.  A) for             B) with              C) to               D) into  
7 ?# m$ i. F8 U3 y) b( z14.  A) prove           B) disprove           C) improve          D) approve  5 `  P! |" T' W. H. \0 J
15.  A) weak            B) strong             C) elder            D) pregnant  
- i" D- F, f7 D' l) X% Q
1 w2 j# N' o0 `% K- ~% A/ E . ?# R% i+ |3 Y1 O
完型填空答题思路:
4 a( ?( D9 @$ I" y3 a( V$ ^, M1.  分析文章标题, 了解文章主题, 确认文章主题词;8 P+ i' j- d7 ]. ~+ K/ k
2.  对比被选项, 判断可能考点;
& [# M8 J- k; q4 i* v8 @3.  关注空格两端结构,借助空格所在的局部搭配结构及搭配语意判断答案;</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 01:11 , Processed in 0.327226 second(s), 23 queries .