查看: 69|回复: 0

[卫生类英语] 全国职称英语考试卫生类C级课堂笔记完型填空第五讲

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第六部分 完形填空  (每题1分,共15分)  ! x4 D7 j) B" e9 U
阅读下面的短文。短文中有15个空白,在文章的后面,每一个空白都列出了四个备选答案。请根据文章的内容选择合适的词或短语填在空白处。  
+ C, g  R; T3 h- j. Z' r/ ]   # E! {; |$ E2 F( {- U! R
A Biological Clock  
5 `2 g1 C, c7 n* K. y$ y3 [- l# oEvery living thing has what scientists call a biological clock that controls behavior. The biological clock tells _________when to form flowers and when the flowers should open1. It tells _________ when to leave the protective cocoon and fly away, and it tells animals and human beings when to eat, sleep and wake.  
2 O. X+ X/ e, n9 D5 @4 p3 Y* Z) Q  Events outside the plant and anima __________the actions of some biological clocks. Scientists recently found, for example, that a tiny animal changes the color of its fur________ the number of hours of daylight . In the short _________ of winter , its fur becomes white. The fur becomes gray brown in color in the longer hours of daylight in summer.  * b! [! L% E2 R
  Inner signals control other biological clocks. German scientists found that some kind of internal clock seems to order birds to begin their long migration __________ twice each year. Birds __________ flying become restless when it is time for the trip, ___________ they become calm again when the time of the flight has ended.  
4 s/ A1 I) k* V. _7 B' E7 b# [) d  @  Scientists say they are beginning to learn which ____________ of the brain contain biological clocks. An American researcher, Martin Moorhead, said a small group of cells near the front of the brain __________to control the timing of some of our actions. These _________ tell a person when to ___________ , when to sleep and when to seek food. Scientists say there probably are other biological clock cells that control other body activities.  0 x9 S( |9 x/ l
  Dr. Moorhead is studying _________ our biological clocks affect the way we do our work2. For example , most of us have great difficulty if we must often change to different work hours. __________can take3 many days for a human body to accept the major change in work hours . Dr. Moorhead said industrial officials should have a better understanding of biological clocks and how they affect workers. He said ________ understanding could cut sickness and accidents at work and would help increase a factory’s production.    T3 h6 m8 ]7 y2 {3 U8 _/ }" y
   7 |* k  g. Q  [2 S
词汇:  6 f( m4 N  J+ M5 \4 t2 j/ d
biological  adj. 生物(学)的    migration   n.迁徙  
9 B' J+ M6 ]# O: f) |insect      n.昆虫                           restless    adj.焦躁不安的  * ^2 o# P5 N; G" f; v0 p( V  P" ]
cocoon     n.防护卵袋,茧          contain    v.含有  
) V+ }0 T+ \; M7 sfur        n.软毛                              cell       n. 细胞  - K3 V  f6 v) k1 A$ U

3 N5 A& D" _  j' X; ^5 O注释:  
7 F, n. H/ ]! Z/ I1、  句中谓语动词tells 的宾语有两部分组成。 第一部分是when to form flowers, 是带疑问浮词的动词不定式,第二部分是when the flowers should open, 是名词从句。从修辞上说,两者有些不平衡。  
' K/ i/ {7 p0 c; {: R8 }2、  …the way we do our work 可以理解为the way in which we do our work 或the way that we do our work. 实际上,三种说法都成立。如:He speaks English the way the English people do.  I don’t understand the way in which he dealt with the matter.  
4 c. w! r( ^" m; R8 o3、  take 作“花费,花去”解时可用于几种不同的句型:  ) x( ~# }; x7 V4 A* P. \4 b$ q
It will take me five days to complete the work.  , u# [; i5 f6 X& E) r6 \
The work will take me five days to complete.  
3 k% q7 ?% f4 b" Y$ y! q( [To complete this work will take me five days.  # h0 z5 x# [5 t6 v- d* l2 C
练习:  
0 F# W# A, i& L! e) t5 R1.   A) scientists           B)humans                      C)plants               D)animals   
% f, `# A. k' Q6 N& n1 O2.   A)insects                B)birds                         C)fish                    D)snakes  
! _6 B1 d7 B! s0 a( P3.   A) effect       ;         B) affect                        C)effected            D) affected  
9 p8 z' z* C, m, @4.   A) because             B)for the reason that     C) because of        D)since  
( I& {. A! [% D  I4 ]8 G% `5.   A)months               B)days                           C)minutes            D)weeks  
6 k% J5 o: M/ F& j; @* c0 _6.   A)flight                   B)fly                              C)movement       D)transportation  # g% u( i  B. R* t, x
7.   A)prevented from   B)ordered by                 C)helped by         D)intruded on  
" w* z# d0 N; s; ^8.   A)and                      B)but                              C)therefore         D)however  5 C: ?% a* v* y! d& K2 E
9.   A)portions               B)parts                           C)sections          D)kinds  , r( T  Y  q7 u* E
10.  A)try                      B)tries                            C)seem               D)seems  
* d) o5 F& o0 t; b7 S) T11.  A)things                B)parts                           C)cells                 D)actions  
7 o& f5 ^" T/ _2 n+ t2 H12.  A)awaken              B
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 02:22 , Processed in 0.448307 second(s), 21 queries .