[卫生类英语] 职称英语考试卫生类(C级)试题及答案2

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第4部分:阅读理解(第31~45题,每题3分,共45分)
+ s+ L4 d; Z6 u* \    下面有3篇短文,每篇短文后有5道题,每道题后面有4个选项。请根据文章的内容
5 I- c) ~5 Z: r; o从每题所给的4个选项中选择1个最佳答案,涂在答题卡相应的位置上。' K" d6 z! T1 [9 [( O
第一篇
0 T3 A) D% Q# t8 p8 @, uUS States Do Poorly in Women’s Health
7 t9 I) s. V0 R2 L9 @$ U  Not a single US state meets basic federal goals for women’t health,and the nation as a  ]% y3 M5 u  v- X  |% K" }
whole fails except in two areas—mammograms(乳腺x光照片)and dental(牙齿的)8 y% H1 j+ z1 {) M1 M
check-ups—researchers said on Thursday% ?6 z* l: @- Z, G5 ^! Z% K4 }8 e
  Millions of women lack health insurance,and states make it difficult to enroll(加八)in
5 o4 i  T6 v8 Y0 U& F( l, e' BMedicaid.the state-federal health insurance plan for the poor,according to the report.
9 j2 ~5 x2 o! {* {  And few states are doing anywhere near enough to help women quit smoking——the leading
7 F' p8 ?  @3 w2 r5 N2 Lcause of death in the United States# t' V( O% k; x5 Z( o8 ~
  “The nation as a whole and the individual states fall short of meeting national goals,”reads
0 v7 r0 O) y. dthe report.put together by the National Women’t Law Center and the Oregon Health&Science
% l; B1 H9 [+ ]+ S2 aUniversity.“These health goals provide a road map for assessing the status of women’s health.”
/ ~5 j1 ~6 D2 g; a: U  Of 27 measures examined by the group,from screening for diseases to actually treating
9 t7 e8 L" ^; r2 T2 Tthem.the nation passes on only two,the researchers said“The nation is so far from the health
! Q! [# u9 |( \( n% _goals that it receives an overall grade of‘unsatisfactory’,”they wrote.
( z/ D: S) i3 Y: p  The problem seems to be a lack among states of an overall plan for health in general,the
* M6 I/ \" a! t* _  x NWLC said.! j0 Z4 M+ X$ \$ B
  “State policy makers’piecemeal(一件一件做的)approach to our health care crisis has4 f- p( \' C/ O
resulted in a complex and ineffective system that fails to meet the health care needs of women,’’
* r+ q) n$ Z$ k% H  KJudy Waxman NWLC Vice President for Health,said in a statement.  N8 @- T7 d. B+ y
    “Lawmakers need to take a comprehensive,long-term approach to meeting women’s health9 }9 o- Q2 |, ]1 `. ]
needs and tackle this serious problem that troubles so many families.
6 [; w# ?9 b1 T) ~. v& `0 M! e$ A31 In which area is the nation successful?
0 T' p3 W& s4 ?2 Z( h; N    A Dental check-ups.) |# a4 L4 _8 e& C, p
    B Health promotion.
% h) r1 l, p: o* Q& ^  v5 m4 \    C Disease screening
9 K8 I- i) s" k' x4 J' ^% E% ~    D  Cancer treatment.
: c* N4 }9 g/ R  q0 @  f! e32 Medicaid is a program aimed at helping
1 L1 E& L6 [5 V4 }5 D0 H    A  women.2 o- k- ]+ i  M6 ~4 T2 q
    B  the poor.
! i9 ^4 `8 ~4 I1 ~& ]2 [: y    C  the old
! Y8 I2 ?" V) ?2 t' i2 P3 W7 HD  children
$ h- d3 Y& Z5 P. ]+ S+ t33 Which is America’S number one killer?8 m& H3 W" e! T& |5 V
    A  Stress
9 [  k* z( H2 B: Y    B  Heart disease
. m& q* H3 [; Z- f4 _) M    C  Cancer
+ R' P7 @. C7 E: ^+ y2 S    D  Smoking' K) m) M8 w, k+ R) `  Z: B2 q
34 The national goals for women’t health make it easier to3 s0 K5 p! x- }7 ~: \
  A  meet women’S health needs% y2 _6 R9 q# v+ X# s
  B  assess the status of  women’t health.; y0 K1 G, N4 _! Y% d/ a
  C  solve women’S health problems
6 f9 r  q* `& U& l  D deal with the health care crisis
) S& y. `' z5 p! D35 Which approach was recommended by Judy Waxman?% M7 d) z7 g6 v
  A  The piecemeal approach$ u# w. f, _  T9 a  F$ l9 M4 U4 q
  B  A state-federal approach
0 O/ I" @' Z0 K$ ZC  A comprehensive,long—term approach.8 A) P) n6 I( n! U
  D  A complex approach.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:34 | 显示全部楼层

职称英语考试卫生类(C级)试题及答案2

第二篇: R. z" i! Y! \# F; c
Saving Money( F( i; u! E$ F2 R+ O7 z
Where you save your money often depends on what you are saving for.If you are saving to4 N7 B* v7 V: R, m+ ?  e! B* o
buy a CD(光盘)or to go to a concert,then probably you would keep your money somewhere in
! i% o4 |$ e, G- C" }your room.
/ T5 k  t  r, q: P  If you ale saving for a big purchase like a mountain bike or a school trip,where would you
' [, j7 e" |- J0 P3 Asave your money?
' s1 x& b2 R; _: N  One place to save money is the bank Putting your money in a savings account will help
  Q0 A& p; {; H' H1 v$ M; Q  Zyour money earn more money If you put your money in a piggy bank(猪形储蓄罐),one year
' W- D- T  o; Tlater you’11 still have the same amount of money you put in.If you put your money in a savings! j6 r  d7 l2 S' O2 L% [( Y
account,one year later,you’ll have more money than you put in Why?
( x( Z7 L# m4 _  When you keep your money in a bank.your money earns interest. Interest is an amount of
, b( @4 y* b! r, P6 nmoney a bank pays you to use your money The bank uses your money(and the money of other! X: V0 @' g, a2 F& K
people,too)to loan money to people and businesses
8 A$ D' ^. Z$ c" I! X1 g" S/ V  The bank will send you a statement several times a year.A bank statement tells you how
. J3 ^5 P' C% i3 a9 F7 Hmuch money you have in your account It also tells you how much interest you have earned If
* o" `) Z) z9 ^/ ?) }' Z' D' G7 syou leave your money in the bank,you can watch it grow!
+ v. ?0 \9 }" [1 @Another way you can save money is to buy a certificate of deposit or CD.If you have some
7 ?( R1 h5 H- c9 v0 d; ]: h0 smoney that you don’t need to use for a long time,this is a good way to make your money grow.1 u  Y- R! o; _0 z% U3 e
You Can buy a CD at a bank You agree not to use the money for a certain period of time
7 m. }1 X/ H- wThat period might be from six months to five years.You can’t touch your money during that time
- ?2 R8 b# V" a' x7 T" QIf you do,you must pay a penalty,or fee% A# v! [  e: ]7 e- {, @) m
36 Your money will earn more money if you put it7 J: D  q- q. h1 Q
  A in your room.; S( q: I6 Z' M1 n
  B in a piggy bank
$ `% a7 T8 U, D7 k! h, E  g  C、in your pocket.
7 g) ^- b0 b" _( P4 m% A2 @  D  in a savings account.
" A( [$ I% S- V8 l; |6 E0 D37 A bank pays you interest for1 J6 J2 Y$ o! `- f- c3 W) A  R& `( {
  A  wasting your money
6 b& t6 W2 {$ G% ]) I( p/ ?3 n$ K. a4 _  B losing your money.
" E& P( ^2 Q4 a) I: ]# E1 M. {) N  C  using your money.+ `& ?& \% S/ w, B: `
  D decreasing your money, D7 d8 V! V" N1 E
38 Among other things,a bank statement tells you& M9 q, e5 R0 b! b" h
  A the amount of money you have in the bank.
+ k2 r! n' A  P1 V* E  B the current rates of interest.    ,0 Z2 G. U: k7 }- g: ], Q
  C the current rates of exchange.
* P2 i% V* t! I# _" J  D the best way to save your money•: i" R8 e3 P- J
39 If you draw your money before it is due,you will have to2 K( }5 t" B' _# r( a9 R( K( Y% d3 j
  A  pay interest to the bank.
7 V/ W" |0 c) g) K  B  close your account
  ?$ B- J8 I/ r1 o% F  C  open a new account.0 I* [8 V* ]9 ^* j
  D pay a penalty or fee.8 U+ \7 }0 V0 B, ^
40 The word“touch’’in paragraph 7 could be best replaced by
0 G" Y1 Z/ D( j) H/ J7 R    A  “deposit”.  F4 c) m; A* g$ K; G7 p, c' S
    B  “lend”., \; S9 J. E  G1 U; Z* _& k4 S; j( ?
    C  “use”.
  y) S7 Q) v7 u5 \& O    D  “cash”.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:35 | 显示全部楼层

职称英语考试卫生类(C级)试题及答案2

第三篇
  p8 T& k7 L9 P. ?Exercise Lowers Employers’Health Costs
" I8 G) ?, X4 ~% S6 w& E; W Companies can save millions in health-care costs simply by encouraging their employees to
+ a8 }% s. H" F( p7 F5 v0 [exercise a little bit,researchers reported on Friday% l7 ^$ h- Z) _/ d2 J( S
  They said obese(肥胖的)employees had higher health。care costs,but lowered those/ m) F, A' d  Q7 U
expenses by exercising just a couple of times a week——without even losing any weight•
) v& `0 V/ q2 h6 V- |  Feifei Wang and colleagues at the University of Michigan studied 23,500 workers at
5 L1 _0 {) X: T- h' o. IGeneral Motors.. a  L+ m' D1 q. R3 B+ ~; a
  They estimated that getting the most sedentary(惯于久坐的)obese workers to exercise
  j8 Q: H8 C: A1 A+ r/ e" @$ S* j* [would have saved about$790.000 a year.or about 1 5 percent of health—care costs for the whole
1 b2 f2 v$ P1 b4 c9 V  T- E: N4 rgroup
! u# Q) P+ H5 P4 A" O) V' HCompany—wide,the potential savings could reach$7.1 million per year,they reposed in the" w( \2 _" B' ?0 B6 g
Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
& C1 M4 w) _* j; BOf the whole group of workers,about 30 percent were of normal weight,45 percent were
' `: C; Y. v+ |  hoverweight(超重的),and 25 percent were obese.Annual health—care costs averaged$2,200 for) o! S' l8 P% r/ Y/ p* h! D
normal weight,$2,400 for the overweight,and$2,700 for obese employees.
7 e' T9 j5 v8 ?: W' ^7 u+ c  But among workers who did no exercise,health•care costs went“p by at least$100 a year,
- P  f) x/ n2 k5 uand were$3.000 a year for obese employees who were sedentary.
; O! s5 [1 q7 {  }: u But adding two or more days of light exercise——at least 20 minutes of exercise or work: C" j8 X! s% @
hard enough to increase heart rate and breathing——lowered costs by on average$500 per1 `- `* E6 t; D3 C
employee a year,the researchers found.
& l. S% W4 w. q* b. P. g41 How can employees help lower the health—care costs?. U' E5 S2 J8 r6 T6 h( B
  A  By taking more rest.4 u2 N; T0 p/ \0 W
  B  By eating less.; l' W  E0 Z. C5 r( N8 M
  C  By exercising a little bit.$ V7 x5 x) U! t: g: [+ V) u; I
  D  By saving more money.
! [7 v! M% ]9 y1 S0 {42 By encouraging its employees to exercise General Motors could save
' A8 w6 N7 d4 `! m  A$790,000 per year.
. B/ v, S. T% \! a( w+ y% X* g  B  $7.1 million per year.+ L4 ?  ~7 R" ]" F4 m
  C  $3.000 per year.
5 A1 T; S3 m) p7 K5 W: h  D$7.300 per year.
& a1 w1 a; J1 S7 Z, X, B43 How many workers in General Motors were NOT of normal weight?
9 G% R6 p/ G7 A2 v9 d; c" S2 q  A  Seventy percent.
9 I% L, [7 K7 i1 |; R  B Thirty percent0 ^4 m& n/ Z! l" ?
  C  Forty-five percent; h9 d1 }, I1 }- q0 D$ q. s
  D Twenty—five percent.
8 N  x. g$ m  _) a* `8 F- P" e* w44 For which group of the workers were the health—care costs the highest?4 C  L  ]4 U) ~
  A The employees of normal weight.
1 f" i& y& e" q. n+ _* F+ E+ V  B The overweight employees
+ h5 w7 m; a- G  C The obese employees.
$ w& X% x+ U3 j  D The sedentary obese employees( c) J- c4 B  t1 N, U
45 How often should the employees exercise to help lower the health-care costs?
' B0 y* ~3 h+ \( W) y  A  At least seven days a week
; I4 t& i, L8 |5 f& B* O, W) o; z( m  B  At least twenty minutes a week0 X, n$ U+ k) ?6 o
  C  At least twice a week
8 D( s; B7 v$ B0 j8 S$ ~  D  At least once a week
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 02:32 , Processed in 0.299905 second(s), 25 queries .