立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 105|回复: 0

[卫生类英语] 职称英语卫生类C级:完型填空推荐文章(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
08年教材上完型部分:Many children’s deaths preventable: WHO 属于A级考生在复习中应该关注的文章,建议B级考生在复习中也可以关注一下, 因为这篇文章语言难度介于A级与B级之间。" _7 }' P# }. a7 b% D* o
                     Breastfeeding Can Cut Cardiovascular Risk4 i' ^+ U* Q- Y  n4 ?
    Breastfeeding can reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke later in life and could prevent hundreds of __1__ of deaths each year,researchers said on Friday.
3 l% c' P& ~! S    Babies who are breastfed have fewer childhood infections and allergies and are less __2__ to obesity.British scientists have now shown that breastfeeding and slow growth in the first weeks and months of life has a protective effect __3 __   cardiovascular disease.4 l! ?$ g' N; l5 O. B  s. [
    “Diets that promote more rapid growth put babies at risk many years later in __4__ of raising their blood pressure,raising their cholesterol and increasing their tendency to diabetes and obesity—the __ 5 __ main risk factors for stroke and heart attack.”said Professor Alan Lucas of the Institute of Child Health in London.
8 ?( T2 a3 h% h& C- g. f. F  “Our evidence suggests that the reason why breast-fed babies do better is because they grow more __6 __ in the early weeks.”  |/ d1 D9 Y8 f9 G* i- ]* Z
    Lucas said the effects of breastfeeding on blood pressure and cholesterol later in life are greater than  __7 __adults can do to control the risk factors for cardiovascular disease, other than taking drugs.   
1 l/ x* C. w# g+ X  o    An estimated 17 million people die of __8__ disease,particularly heart attack and strokes,each year,according to the World Health Organization.
/ w0 C  k2 F8 x4 A4 O% ?+ [    Lucas and his colleagues compared the health of 2 1 6 teenagers __9__as babies had either been breastfed or given different nutritional baby formulas’.They reported their__10__ in The Lancet medical journal.. w2 c3 T1 y& O8 j
  The teenagers who had been __11__had a 14一percent lower ratio of bad to good cholesterol and lower concentrations of a protein that is a marker for cardiovascular disease risk.% D/ V1 P+ X8 ]+ W) k' G+ }
The researchers also found that,__12 __ of the child’s weight at birth,the faster the infants grew in the early weeks and months of life,the __13__ was their later risk of heart disease and stroke.The effect was the __14__  for both boys and girls.% {/ U7 Y& a0 B* N! v7 J' E
  “The more human milk you have in the newborn period,the lower your cholesterol level is, the lower your blood pressure is 1 6 years __15__,”Lucas said.* g- I- [7 \) m, }9 q5 m
词汇:; l1 S4 l! k- W, T) d
breastfeeding n.母乳喂养
# y* c+ N" Y. q' k- A  ocardiovascular adi.(病等)心血管的6 y! }1 ]5 {; _) R4 C+ x0 G
allergy n.变态反应;过敏性
% t1 ~; C# T; f. Bcholesterol n.胆固醇
& \3 d! b" \5 V# }  r5 Ldiabetes  n.糖尿病1 I. ?9 I6 o: O
obesity n.肥胖
' o' _) g$ x( ]& ~marker n.标识,标志
6 ^* g4 A1 B1 q! H+ e9 c8 d注释:
- _2 U/ r2 R* }  B1.  nutritional baby formulas-有营养的配制婴儿喂养奶5 @" ~0 {4 i' d8 Z/ Y$ J. w  s
练习:
, Z5 _5 j6 Q- o1 h( o6 h1.  A)hundreds   B) thousands    C) millions         D) numbers
3 r+ W- O+ Y% ?2.  A)likely     B) possible     C) easy             D) prone! Z( r, i* v$ R4 \9 D4 T  P
3.  A)against    B) towards      C) onto             D) upon
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 02:16 , Processed in 0.218533 second(s), 21 queries .