QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 0

[卫生类英语] 2011职称英语卫生C级:概括大意练习(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
概括大意与完成句子题
; A3 D" C6 X) k% O6 d0 UEnglish and English Community + F( b* m  r9 ^& e  x& s3 z5 V" s% `& t
  1 There is no doubt that English is a useful language. The people who speak English today make up the largest speech community in the world with the exception of speakers of Chinese.
, _5 }) b7 C+ Y( m' Y: T  2 A speech community is similar to other kinds of communities. The people who make up the community share a common language. Often they live side by side, as they do in a neighborhood (街坊), a village, or a city. More often they form a whole country. National boundaries, however, are not always the same as the boundaries of a speech community. A speech community is any group of people who speak the same language no matter where they happen to live. 8 l( W% W! v4 J/ I. e
  3 We may say that anyone who speaks English belongs to the English speech community. For convenience (方便), we may divide the speakers into two groups: one in which the speakers use English as their native language, the other in which the speakers learn English as a second language for the purpose of education, commerce, and so on.
- }3 F0 F* }$ @5 P5 k  4 Learning a second language extends one's vision and expands the mind, The history and literature of a second language record the real and fictional (虚构) lives of people and their culture; a knowledge of them adds to our ability to understand and to feel as they feel. Learning English as a second language provides another means of communication through which the window of the entire English speech community becomes a part of our heritage. 0 @- S$ {2 w' i- H' q- D
  1 Paragraph 1      . 9 u" v" ~1 h/ O6 \; G7 _
  2 Paragraph 2      . , W, }. z' ]1 O6 R& |
  3 Paragraph 3      .
( h6 h' Q7 h& M3 W0 f1 K  4 Paragraph 4      .
! P9 h3 _- w  ~* `4 x  A Threat Posed by English
, e5 w: o( v9 Z6 i5 C8 T1 A# P  B Definition of a Speech Community # O2 E# u) S/ L* o
  C Benefits of Leaming a Second Language   K- k! D1 M5 y: F2 _% R  V
  D Advantages of Learning Chinese ' G- s; ~% K$ z5 I6 k
  E Two Groups of the English Speech Community 9 M2 ^0 W5 I3 P8 Z" Q6 j
  F A Widely Used Language - w0 j/ U& {4 S; I
  5 Overall there are more speakers of Chinese than of      . - u- y- R1 W" g8 M) t; m
  6 The boundaries of a speech community may be different from      . $ ~) Y0 Y5 q" }$ k
  7 People who live in different places may belong to      .
) a8 O  R2 e  L. m& y+ e5 j  8 Many people learn English as      .
/ C0 l6 C3 v6 a' ~  A a second language
* U5 r: S: @# x0 x  B the same language 5 s4 b  F6 T( B9 a; `2 }
  C the same speech community 6 r* o; A) R$ u( o6 b4 |
  D any other language ; y6 G/ h1 ~* [- @6 m
  E national boundaries 2 z9 \; j4 u# Z
  F a part of one's heritage 0 A6 m! w( L* t! C6 b7 w! _
  【参考答案】1. F 2. B 3. E 4. C 5. D 6. E 7. C 8. A
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-23 12:54 , Processed in 0.724347 second(s), 21 queries .