只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 109|回复: 0

[卫生类英语] 2011职称英语卫生C级概括大意练习(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 概括大意与完成句子题+ Y' F$ t) P: D3 S0 t
  English and English Community+ S+ d6 c" R- Y4 f, X4 n
  1 There is no doubt that English is a useful language. The people who speak English today make up the largest speech community in the world with the exception of speakers of Chinese.
6 f% [  L  G4 z3 }% h4 f  2 A speech community is similar to other kinds of communities. The people who make up the community share a common language. Often they live side by side, as they do in a neighborhood (街坊), a village, or a city. More often they form a whole country. National boundaries, however, are not always the same as the boundaries of a speech community. A speech community is any group of people who speak the same language no matter where they happen to live.
0 e" F, w7 q) K, t6 D& h  3 We may say that anyone who speaks English belongs to the English speech community. For convenience (方便), we may divide the speakers into two groups: one in which the speakers use English as their native language, the other in which the speakers learn English as a second language for the purpose of education, commerce, and so on." a, j" i) Z8 v7 V8 t, h
  4 Learning a second language extends one's vision and expands the mind, The history and literature of a second language record the real and fictional (虚构) lives of people and their culture; a knowledge of them adds to our ability to understand and to feel as they feel. Learning English as a second language provides another means of communication through which the window of the entire English speech community becomes a part of our heritage.3 d# o  \7 r+ `( A! @
  1 Paragraph 1__________.
( r, ?/ D! x, e2 o# m  2 Paragraph 2__________.% P  L2 _/ Y+ g. y
  3 Paragraph 3__________.
" g/ N2 _% A6 E. |7 k. m5 x4 e  4 Paragraph 4___________.
* H+ g4 M$ q- W% q  K7 p4 g0 d  A Threat Posed by English
* w, o7 O! n  Q, o  B Definition of a Speech Community" g! i5 l9 {* n7 L0 m0 V; W* X
  C Benefits of Leaming a Second Language: C  g3 ^6 Z/ c
  D Advantages of Learning Chinese
% F& D$ h8 v; B6 D" F+ M  E Two Groups of the English Speech Community
+ |% S0 l$ b  ?( P# D. A* g& W  F A Widely Used Language: z. ~6 V% ^! D3 `6 [
  5 Overall there are more speakers of Chinese than of___________.
5 i+ A5 `; P. N# H  6 The boundaries of a speech community may be different from__________.: B, }. ^/ K' s4 t5 l& I7 K
  7 People who live in different places may belong to__________." i/ Q; G0 ]$ y6 ]6 u  {2 ~* n0 Q- D
  8 Many people learn English as___________.! ?8 \+ H- ^' ]
  A a second language* U: A: K5 b. U( |% o
  B the same language; k8 V, K2 @* {( J3 a
  C the same speech community
6 w% Z" ^2 w8 X: I/ A2 U' H* q  D any other language# y. |2 w" G% d; t8 h
  E national boundaries& m6 R9 T/ E2 \  P
  F a part of one's heritage
1 }6 E$ d9 v$ Z6 a1 k6 s  【参考答案】1. F 2. B 3. E 4. C 5. D 6. E 7. C 8. A
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 09:16 , Processed in 0.196117 second(s), 21 queries .