QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 52|回复: 0

[卫生类英语] 2012年职称外语考试卫生类C阅读强化训练四

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Human Space Exploration / \, I8 a4 i6 W3 p
While scientists are searching the cause of the Columbia disaster, NASA is moving ahead with plans to develop a new craft that would replace shuttles(航天飞机)on space stationmissions by 2012 and respond quickly to space station emergencies.
; }4 v* m' x0 S2 a& B3 ~) V$ AThe space agency released the first set of mission needs and requirements several days ago for me orbital space plane(轨道航天飞机),which would be designed to transport a crew of four to and from the International Space Station. 7 I( @2 u- L$ ]/ y
Although it includes few specifics,the plan states the orbiter(轨道航天飞机)will be safer cheaper and require less preparation time than the shuttle.It would be able to transport four crew members by 2012--though it would be available for rescue missions by 2010.NASA says the craft should be able to transport injured or ill space station crew members to“definitive(决定性的)medical care” within 24 hours.
' o. o# B8 R& B  BThe release of the requirements showed NASA remains focused on the long-term priorities of space exploration,even as questions exist concerning the loss of Columbia and its seven.member crew on February l,2003..
/ }  Z) P$ p8 m6 \8 A1 SExpels at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville,Alabama,have been working for years on a successor to the shuttle.The project,known as the Space Launch Initiative(倡议),was divided last year into two parts----one focusing on a future launch vehicle,the other on a space station orbiter.The orbiter is expected to be ready sooner. 9 z5 }0 h2 q0 `$ @
The program’s managers say NASA officials have told them not to alter Space Launch Initiative in light of the Columbia disaster. 0 E5 e% B1 u8 v6 \6 G
U.S.President George W:Bush asked Congress for about US$1 billion for Space Launch Initiative in 2004,funds that would be almost equally split between the Orbital Space Plane and Next Generation Launch Technology. 3 s$ r% H; r/ d
41 NASA plans to design the new space craft to
. c: {3 g' }  g& N  RA control the International Space Station. ' V! j+ {# t: y2 B6 _6 a  o( H6 g
B carry astronauts to the International Space Station.
* O2 m1 {) s8 rC transport equipment to the International Space Station
# A+ A9 x& M3 h$ b& g& `D train astronauts in space flights.
1 Q1 |+ o7 N( g# S42 Besides its main mission.the orbiter would also be used as
; D4 c6 k$ H0 f. J* {A a medical research center. ' K8 k. h5 E) K0 L- f. h/ W
B a space station. # H2 p5 S1 i) S  o4 A
C a space ambulance. ; D4 q1 g" s6 c* j1 N
D a passenger plane.
) x, o! Q: ]3 X4 q2 I43 The design of the orbiter indicates
' @* C4 M/ u. J9 A* LA NASA’s determination to continue space exploration. . m* ^- F; C* j* B0 Q0 p2 g
B NASA’s disadvantage in space technology.
# J4 x0 O9 K1 T7 a6 u4 b$ QC the great pressure from Congress on NASA.
. v7 Q+ A8 ^% L$ C) S% Q; YD a heavy defeat for NASA.
$ `" t/ y$ J! \- W9 o44 When did NASA start working on a successor to the shuttle?
/ |1 k8 B' W0 |( P+ {" f4 \% S2 W# YA One year before the Columbia disaster. # T2 \: T( u9 Z: u$ H7 ?# f
B One year after the Columbia disaster.
* n  i1 g0 F; x. F% H; D6 NC Immediately after the Columbia disaster.
8 o- I5 z2 j; @. o7 R* Y* pD Years before the Columbia disaster.
( B: Q4 W9 ^, ^" z# g2 E% L7 ]0 s45 According to the passage,the 1 billion funds,if granted,would
2 D' [. g, F: zA be used to rebuild the International Space Station.
5 g# @! k: m9 J2 s( r, X/ \7 q5 ZB be awarded to the scientists working at NASA. 9 U% w! }8 P: S1 ]$ k
C be shared by the two projects under the Space Launch Initiative
+ j2 v) b3 {* b9 L2 PD be spent on the investigation of the Columbia disaster. 2 U9 P. n  T0 d& ?3 s" m0 d, w3 u  f
答案解析
! F4 N0 j$ I  g+ `! h+ U: [) g" U% t41正确答案为B。本题属于细节题,问的是NASA(美国国家航空航天局)设计新的航天飞机的目的是什么。文章第一句就指出了研发这种新的航天器的目的是取代现有的航天飞机,把航天员送到国际空间站去。所以正确答案为B。
. _, l+ _) Z$ f- d2 m8 C- M42正确答案为C。 此题与4l题相连,问除了运送航天员这一主要使命外,航天飞机还用来干什么?原文第一句也回答了这个问题,那就是把它作为太空急救车,故C为正确答案。
# k: |% ~5 |  S1 X43正确答案为A。此题问的是设计这架航天飞机表明了什么?选项A的意思是“NASA继续探索太空的决心”。其他几个选项的意思文中均与原文不符,所以A为答案。
7 `3 W! H7 ?9 y$ \/ [44正确答案为D。此题为细节题,问的是NASA什么时候开始着手设计后续的航天飞机?原文第一段实际上已经提到,在调查哥伦比亚号失事原因之前,NASA就已着手开展工作了,倒数第三段第一句提到研制工作很多年前就开始了,故选D。 + `: a- H- d: E1 ]. a' @8 Z
45正确答案为C。此题问的是10亿美元的款项被批准后用来干什么?选项A的意思是重建国际空间站,选项B的意思是颁发给在NASA工作的科学家,这两个选项都与原文意思不符。最后一段说,若10亿美元的款项获得国会的批准,这笔款项基本上平分给the Orbital Space Plane和Next Generation Launch Technology这两个研究项目,故C为正确答案。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 23:38 , Processed in 0.216178 second(s), 21 queries .