立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 129|回复: 1

[卫生类英语] 2010年职称英语:卫生B模拟试题精选2

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 第3部分:概括大意与完成句子(第23~30题,每题1分,共8分)   阅读下面这篇短文,短文后有2项测试任务:(1) 第23~26题要求从所给的6个选项中为第1~4段每段选择1个正确的小标题;(2) 第27~30题要求从所给的6个选项中选择4个正确选项,分别完成每个句子。请将答案涂在答题卡相应的位置上。
# o+ l: C6 z5 R& N  The Rights of Animals' w6 D: u2 E. v: G7 g) H) Q
  1 Do animals have rights?This is how the question is usually put. It sounds like a useful, ground-clearing way to start. Actually, it isn’t, because it assumes that there is an agreed account of human rights, which is something the world does not have. 
, d. H0 D3 y: t3 p/ D8 x  2 On one view of rights, to be sure, it necessarily follows that animals have none. Some philosophers argue that rights exist only within a social contract, as part of an exchange of duties and entitlements. Therefore animals cannot have rights. The idea of punishing a tiger that kills somebody is absurd;for exactly the same reason, so is the idea that tigers have rights. However, this is only on account, and by no means an uncontested one. It denies rights not only to animals but also to some people—for instance, to infants, the mentally incapable and future generations. In addition, it is unclear what force a contract can have for people who never consented it:how do you reply to somebody who says “I don’t like this contract”?
' f& K/ g0 |% S! E0 C  3 The point is this:without agreement on the rights of people arguing about the rights of animals is fruitless. It leads the discussion to extremes at the outset:it invites you to think that animals should be treated either with the consideration humans extend to other humans, or with no consideration at all. This is a false choice. Better to start with another, more fundamental, question:is the way we treat animals a moral issue at all?4 D' i; F; T6 S
  4 Many deny it. Arguing from the view that humans are different from animals in every relevant respect, extremists of this kind think that animals lie outside the area of moral choice. Any regard for the suffering of animals is seen as a mistake—a sentimental displacement of feeling that should properly be directed to other humans. 2 e. G2 ]( f) e1 _
  5 This view which holds that torturing a monkey is morally equivalent to chopping wood, may seem bravely “logical”. In fact it is simply shallow:the confused centre is right to reject it. The most elementary form of moral reasoning—the ethical equivalent of learning to crawl—is to weigh others’ interests against one’s own. This in turn requires sympathy and imagination:without which there is no capacity for moral thought. To see an animal in pain is enough, for most, to engage sympathy. When that happens, it is not a mistake:it is mankind’s instinct for moral reasoning in action, an instinct that should be encouraged rather than laughed at.   
- H: @$ H6 A3 Z, K% k* I  23 Paragraph 1 1 \  C, O4 V: {0 ~0 I
  24 Paragraph 2 
# J8 r9 L8 v- M  25 Paragraph 3 
) P  ^- W+ @# M' _  26 Paragraph 4 , H- H& H3 o5 K$ u
  A Arguing about the Rights of Animal Is Foolish3 y% a' n4 ~  b0 n" i, q" C' o* p
  B Sympathy to the Animals Should Be Encourage% @1 o" T( Q! D! @# f
  C The Human’s View Is Fruitful* M1 n( @1 m' k. j# u/ o  ~
  D Rights Exist only Within a Social Contract
, A3 x' C* a, Z( l; O6 Z, N  E If Animals Have Rights?  a; ]6 b4 J2 O4 h2 a" s% k" o& x( n
  F The Most Elementary Form of Moral Reasoning: E$ s4 ]  J/ A% D
  27 The most elementary form of moral reasoning . 
" e7 g8 R$ |  y8 f. @  28 Mankind’s instinct for moral reasoning in action . 7 k2 ^, ~3 K5 e% |- b
  29 It is unclear what force a contract . 
$ u1 {& |0 x  g# i1 n  30 It leads the discussion . 
3 s0 Q1 d* X4 R5 T  o- f1 I  A should be encouraged rather than laughed at
) h, a, W! x; Q4 M$ v9 `  B a sentimental displacement of feeling; F- G( a; b, |, M6 w! ~0 @
  C can have for people who never consented it" a) Z" C* l: {5 P0 {
  D is to weigh other’s interest against one’s own7 J3 r5 X- H. w( V+ J& ^
  E it invites you to think that animals should be treated with no consideration* A1 U. S: I0 m6 i3 H1 N0 L
  F human are different from animals in every respect
4 [, p# q5 i1 T  第4部分:阅读理解 (第31~45题,每题3分,共45分)
% m0 v: y9 Y2 \8 t3 }% A  s8 x! U( K  下面有3篇短文,每篇短文后有5道题,每题后面有4个选项。请仔细阅读短文并根据短文回答其后面的问题,从4个选项中选择1个最佳答案涂在答题卡相应的位置上。! q! A! C) u0 t  Q1 l  x* V
  第一篇 Weather Map4 w: A7 \1 ]1 ?5 e* ]
# t- A, _0 t" y# I$ ?$ ]
  A weather map is an important tool for geographers. A succession of three of four maps presents a continuous picture of weather changes. Weather forecasts are able to determine the speed of air masses and fronts; to determine whether an individual pressure area is deepening or becoming shallow and whether a front is increasing or decreasing in intensity. They are also able to determine whether an air mass is retaining its original characteristics or taking on those of the surface over which it is moving. Thus, a most significant function of the map is to reveal a synoptic picture of conditions in the atmosphere at a given time. 
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:34 | 显示全部楼层

2010年职称英语:卫生B模拟试题精选2

</p>  All students of geography should be able to interpret a weather map accurately. Weather maps contain an enormous amount of information about weather conditions existing at the time of observation over a large geographical area. They reveal in a few minutes what otherwise would take hours to describe. The United States weather Bureau issues information about approaching storms, floods, frosts, droughts, and all climatic conditions in general. Twice a month it issues a 30-day “outlook” which is a rough guide to weather conditions likely to occur over broad areas of the United States. These 30-day outlooks are based upon an analysis of the upper air levels with often set the stage for the development of air masses, fronts, and storms. 
3 S8 D% c0 i$ i/ `- g( N  Considerable effort is being exerted today to achieve more accurate weather predictions. With the use of electronic instruments and earth satellites, enormous gains have taken place recently in identifying and tracking storms over regions which have but few meteorological stations. Extensive experiments are also in progress for weather modification studies. But the limitations of weather modification have prevented meteorological results except in the seeding of super-cooled, upslope mountainous winds which have produced additional orographical precipitation on the windward side of mountain ranges. Nevertheless, they have provided a clearer understanding of the fundamentals of weather elements. , _' Y4 i" R- z# D, R* Y2 K
  31 One characteristic of weather maps not mentioned by the author in this passage is . + q) F- T& u5 S8 |
  A wind speed
; v" v, o  }& a  B thermal changes
: t0 l% e, \% a# U/ @/ U; n  C fronts! t% U, W1 H* f" c1 m; ^# z3 b
  D barometric pressure1 ]. ?8 v) s) I) L1 J! V+ F' s
  32 The thirty-day forecast is determined by examining . 
6 ]( b  `9 }$ R  A upper air levels
2 C* j4 G4 e. a7 u: ?3 w  B satellite reports
) ?6 D9 v7 n7 Y$ f  C changing fronts
8 e3 G/ W: W& P- Y# \6 z5 b9 ]  D daily air maps
$ D+ Z7 g2 N! d" \$ M  33 The observation of weather conditions by satellites is advantageous because it . $ l0 H: Y7 k0 N; F% x; r
  A gives the scientist information not obtained readily otherwise9 u! J6 [: `5 O0 V7 c; r( x
  B enables man to alter the weather9 r% |' v* e- b0 F# J. ^
  C uses electronic instruments, F/ ~; u  j, K( D
  D is modern
8 k+ ^7 _( T8 z6 I+ y5 h  34 A weather map is synoptic because it . 
! T' i+ N4 d/ ~+ p$ u8 K+ k" S  A summarizes a great deal of information5 k$ G0 w! ~* e% H) G
  B can be interpreted accurately
+ B4 r1 T3 _" M. \/ Q4 G% H  C appears daily
' R8 X5 f5 |6 i* i$ `" O3 x  D shows changing fronts
- G( e& `$ V7 q& }. i+ C# @. T9 C  35 At the present time, experiments are being conducted in . 9 E% z! B$ C( Y/ [: c. Y9 a+ V) g
  A 30-day “outlook”
2 d0 e4 q7 v: n+ _% v5 M  B controlling storms
2 F1 u2 e0 M- g) }0 I4 d5 [8 t3 U- s  C satellites4 `. C+ ]) q, y5 \
  D manipulating weather
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 21:42 , Processed in 0.219920 second(s), 23 queries .