QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 85|回复: 1

[卫生类英语] 2012年职称外语考试卫生类B阅读强化训练四

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
"Lemons" in Used Car Market
2 I" S. u/ O5 g- |Suppose that you, a college student of somewhat limited means, are in the market for a used pickup truck. The following ad in a local used car publication catches your eyes. * t$ Z2 W$ }' f  v, e' p5 r
1993 Ford Ranger, bilk, 4WD, a/cAM/FM/cass., showroom condition.
) Q' r7 g1 z& @' K# V8 v* d2 e% DCall 555-1234 after 5 p.m   `' j5 g* ]9 P3 L5 i$ y1 w
This is exactly the kind of vehicle you want, so you call to inquire about the price. The price you are quoted over the phone is $2,000 lower than the price for this model with this equipment listed in a used car guidebook. Instead of being ecstatic, however, you are suspicious.
2 T( g! c, L% k3 G8 kFor many products, when you must pay less than the going rate, you believe you are getting a great deal. This is not necessarily the case for used cars or other durable goods(washing machines and television sets, for example) because with expensive products-or, what is essentially the same thing, products with high replacement costs-you must be particularly careful about getting a "lemon." Or a product of substandard quality. ! k6 m; G1 |; b2 R
In addition to asking the price, the age of a car-or any other consumer durable-is a factor when you are trying to determine whether a seller is attempting to unload a lemon. While people have all sorts of reasons for wanting to sell their cars-even relatively new cars-most people hold off until they have put many thousands of miles on a car or until the used car is several years old. You would probably be as suspicious of a car that is "too new" as you would a car that is "too good " a deal. In fact, you are probably willing to pay a high price for a high-quality used car. While this price would certainly be acceptable to the seller, the competitive market might not facilitate such trades.
  R6 t, X2 m7 ]! E& K0 s8 A1. The beginning of this passage assumes that college students 8 Y' ~9 w: X$ r+ r' m
A) are very clever but not very rich. ; O$ z- C% E4 z- \( C# V4 z
B) Are very capable but not very diligent.   k/ o6 d8 t7 D8 e3 f6 u
C) Have limited material resources & B# P: V8 P; Q$ {! v  x0 _# g
D) Are not rich. 0 D5 k1 R" H4 `7 s& {
2. The passage indicated that, sometimes when you find a product of an unexpectedly low price. $ \' R' w  b% x  V, q1 [1 w! ?
A) You are very happy.
: j) w- k# G' K& EB) You are rather suspicious.
4 J! [1 R0 @: Z: |1 lC) You are filled with happiness as well as surprise. 7 t! u; [, `! p3 h
D) You feel uneasy.
" W# G: O  i* `9 X( ~4 i# ^3."Lemon" in this passage refers to
5 A+ T  G' Y; p, v6 gA) a kind of fruit.   m' L: I2 c9 Y6 T+ \
B) A kind of new car.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:34 | 显示全部楼层

2012年职称外语考试卫生类B阅读强化训练四

C) A kind of expensive and high-quality car.
5 i3 F" Y# l* Y. r' C$ ZD) A product of inferior quality. " I' l6 k5 Z7 e2 @+ E
4.If you want to know if the seller is trying to unload a lemon, you 8 O. ?0 T8 r* u8 o7 g+ Z5 s; {! @  L
A) take the age of the car into consideration. 0 e- [$ ?- P$ i
B) Take the price of the lemon into consideration $ _" u- O" s/ E1 }9 w
C) Consider how many miles the car has run. 7 J' |' X3 V1 `* f  J. V% i
D) Consider both the price as well as the age of the car. 2 L" G  z9 G( @/ R' ]6 j: t; v5 R* Z
5.It can be concluded from the passage that in the used car market,
4 |5 [$ T! ?% S; xA) used cars are generally cheap.
- v6 ^$ _- D8 O1 R  p/ z) KB) Used cars are generally expensive
( }( t: d; F3 O4 I! }& [C) Used cars are actually brand new ' p, s6 A' J& }9 b" @( z
D) Car buyers are willing to pay a high price for a used car. " O. Q4 h- S+ ]
KEY: DBDDA
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 02:18 , Processed in 0.278026 second(s), 23 queries .