QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 62|回复: 1

[卫生类英语] 职称英语卫生类:完型填空训练(六)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Breastfeeding Can Cut Cardiovascular Risk% c! Q( B# C' W8 P) j
Breastfeeding can reduce the risk of a heart attack or stoke later in life and could prevent hundreds of ____1_____ of deaths each year, researchers said on Friday.9 {8 \! C  S( t. ?; L
Babies who are breastfed have fewer childhood infections and allergies and are less ____2____ to obesity. British scientists have now shown that breastfeeding and slow growth in the first weeks and months of life has a protective effect ____3___ cardiovascular disease.6 q9 b: P( P0 A: q. s. n( v
“Diets that promote more rapid growth put babies at risk many years later in ____4____ of raising their blood pressure, raising their cholesterol and increasing their tendency to diabetes and obesity—the _____5____ main risk factors for stroke and heart attack,” said Professor Alan Lucas of the Institute of Child Health in London.
0 Q# y# s$ Z6 b) C2 g5 ~“Our evidence suggests that the reason why breast-fed babies do better is because they grow more ____6____ in the early weeks.”
5 F/ q) A9 ]% U( j( C# I3 R. [Lucas said the effects of breastfeeding on blood pressure and cholesterol later in life are greater than _____7_____ adults can do to control the risk factors for cardiovascular disease, other than taking drugs.
1 B' b$ k/ V" A& Y/ R* _An estimated 17 million people die of _____8_____ disease, particularly heart attack and strokes, each year, according to the World Health Organisation.
; o; T) \9 C& G, q4 r7 E" ULucas and his colleagues compared the health of 216 teenagers ____9___ as babies had either been breastfed or given different nutritional baby formulas1. They reported their _____10____ in The Lancet medical journal.5 G9 g, I2 e: w
The teenagers who had been ___11____ had a 14-percent lower ratio of bad to good cholesterol and lower concentrations of a protein that is a marker for cardiovascular disease risk.1 `  p$ l: [1 m1 }7 V
The researchers also found that, ____12___ of the child’s weight at birth, the faster the infants grew in the early weeks and months of life, the ____13____ was their later risk of heart disease and stroke. The effect was the ___14___ for both boys and girls.
0 @, I2 ~" \2 {% B“The more human milk you have in the newborn period, the lower your cholesterol level is, the lower your blood pressure is 16 years ____15____,” Lucas said.
/ j) W" y" T8 n/ m   H7 G8 r8 o: _1 k
1. A) hundreds        B) thousands        C) millions         D) numbers0 B& ], U4 h: y% q9 h; x  G
2. A) likely           B) possible         C) easy             D) prone
: D0 c- K/ k/ P3. A) against          B) towards          C) onto            D) upon( }0 s& P5 b+ q: h  b
4. A) forms           B) cases            C) terms           D) places8 s0 D8 s$ n5 ]/ ^4 q5 ]
5. A) two             B) four             C) three           D) five. M. q$ `  I: e4 m
6. A) slowly           B) quickly          C) strongly         D) obviously
+ B' x7 [( Z9 H" i/ |7. A) which           B) that             C) something        D) anything4 N! |4 n! q* s2 F4 g+ E4 o/ N# |
8. A) various          B) heart             C) cardiovascular    D) multiple9 c( w" L; r: [( Y. t! Q$ h) \6 _

& D6 K( r8 h7 G% F. \$ a5 s9. A) who             B) such             C) when           D) taken
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:34 | 显示全部楼层

职称英语卫生类:完型填空训练(六)

</p>10. A) thoughts        B) findings        C) viewpoints     D) breakthroughs
# }5 Z# h4 W0 e3 J: g' }! D7 s" N11. A) surveyed        B) interviewed      C) handled        D) breastfed+ t7 ?7 J! h+ y6 P# {- z/ R  R
12. A) despite          B) warning         C) regardless       D) needful) {6 s0 ]; L# u8 L
13. A) smaller          B) greater          C) faster           D) worse+ D) f- I' d6 G+ x/ B, _" \& q
14. A) true             B) right            C) proper          D) same' G1 K% M+ T2 A8 G$ M7 j+ A2 {
15. A) later             B) after            C) late            D) ago
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 07:13 , Processed in 0.258712 second(s), 23 queries .