QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 39|回复: 0

[卫生类英语] 2011年职称英语卫生类完型填空复习题1

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The Invention of the telephone
- e' m8 j; B8 e9 z* NIn the nineteenth century, the invention of the telegraph made it possible to send noises, signals, and even music over wires from one place to another. However, the human voice __1__ this way. Many inventors tried to find a __2__ to send a voice over wires, and in 1876 some of their efforts were crowned with success. ___3___ American inventors, Alexander Graham Bell and Elisha Gray, __4__ at almost the same time. The United States Supreme Court finally had to decide which of the two __5__ the first inventor of the telephone. The Court decided __6__ Bell's favor.
3 P5 a8 G* e2 m( r* uBorn in Edinbrug, Scotland, Bell grew up in a family __7__ was very interested in teaching people to speak. His grandfather had been an actor who left __8__ to teach elocution; his father was a teacher __9__ deaf-mutes learn how to speak.
: k& U+ M) s& d+ ]/ X% [However, probably none of the __10__ inventions gave Bell the same feeling of triumph __11__ he had on the day when he spilled some acid from his batteries. It was after he had worked for months to find ways to send something more __12__metallic twangs over the wires. Thinking Watson, __13__, was in the next room, Bell called, “Mr.Watson, __14__. , l; ]  f5 x# p( }$ @7 @; N% J' T
I want you.” Watson was not in the next room. He was down in his laboratory, __15__ to the receiver. To Watson's surprise, he heard the words perfectly. He ran to tell Bell the news: the wires had carried Bell's voice perfectly.! ]7 B6 `+ I/ D8 H, W5 Q7 X
EXERCISE:
) q8 V* K4 y: l1. A) had never traveled B) never had traveled C) was never traveled D) never was traveled
) d/ H' H* i8 x" B9 V/ c2. A) solution B) key C) way D) mean5 `9 B% I) J' I
3. A)Two B) The two C) The two of D) Of two
: \7 {. U6 Z' E; @4 B4. A) was succeeded B) have succeeded C) succeeded D) was succeeding
4 ], X( J. @$ ^, I( u7 g5 m/ y5. A) was B) to be C) being D) having been' x7 W5 k8 T" W& J! o0 M; A1 b, f( ?
6. A) at B) on C) to D) in
: I4 C/ y, @/ p/ w0 g7. A) that B)where C) in which D) who
7 d+ k+ n9 \$ f' B8. A) a theatre B) theatre C) theatres D) the treatre
0 ]0 e1 n, C; C3 M5 E9. A) which was helped B) that was helped C) who helped D) who has helped
5 P7 a7 ~: l( M10. A) later B) latter C) lately D) afterwards7 B/ \9 A5 K1 A- }
11. A) like B) to C)which D) as9 S0 Q  p6 c9 F! y, G" u1 \1 S
12. A) of B) / C) as D) than, F  f) |# l6 c# o( C% \$ v' m7 ?$ i
13. A) being his helper B) was his helper C) his helper D) to be his helper
  {" E' B* ?4 \  p, @, x2 y/ x/ i* r14. A) come here B) come up C) go away D) go down
' \$ s2 _2 b: ?& D9 F+ i" a6 H; z, F15. A) besides B) beside C) next D) by
4 G7 N, z' {+ h* S6 }' e9 A  ]Key: A C A C A D A D C A D D C A C
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 23:55 , Processed in 0.195849 second(s), 21 queries .