QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 51|回复: 0

[卫生类英语] 2011年职称英语卫生类完型填空复习题9

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Racial Prejudice
' H8 @( K$ o+ K: @* Y6 tIn some countries where racial prejudice is acute, violence has been taken for granted as a means of solving differences; and this is not even questioned. There are countries ___1___ the white man imposes his rule by brute force; there are countries where the black man protests by __2__ fire to cities and by looting and pillaging. Important people on both sides, who would in other respects appear to be __3__ men, get up and calmly argue __4__ violence- ——as if it were a legitimate solution, like any other. What is really frightening, what really fills you __5__ despair, is the realization that when it comes to the crunch, we have made no actual progress __6__. We may wear collars and ties instead of war-paint, but our instincts remain basically unchanged. The whole of the __7__ history of the human race, that tedious documentation of violence, has taught us absolutely nothing. We have still not learnt that violence never __8__ a problem but makes it more acute. The sheer horror, the bloodshed and the suffering __9__ nothing. No solution ever comes to light the morning after when we dismally contemplate the smoking ruins and wonder __10_ hit us.
( ^. u& N# g. o  i9 l7 |/ _8 ?  IThe truly reasonable men who know where the solutions __11__ are finding it harder and harder to get a hearing. They are despised, mistrusted and even persecuted by their own __12__ because they advocate such apparently outrageous things __13__ law enforcement. If half the energy that goes into violent acts were __14__, if our efforts were directed at cleaning up the slums and ghettos, at improving living-standards and providing education and employment __15__ all, we would have gone a long way to arriving at a solution.' r/ M% }0 Y" p  d' c
EXERCISE:
1 l: o5 [" J) H# G* u6 a5 D5 S1. A) where B) that C) which D) who# P8 U) _+ A# ?6 `2 P8 i' W4 F; b
2. A) giving B) catching C) setting D) letting
9 o) c4 e2 r' ^& c3. A) reasonable B) reasonably C) reasonless D) reason
& F- |; Y1 G8 q7 z7 J4. A) for the sake of B) for fear of C) in case of D) in favor of
/ p; Q( H  N  @. w( J5. A) for B) with C) by D ) up; o) U2 P% R$ S: w2 g. i- c
6. A) at all B) after all C) at last D) in the end7 I" T8 K- s5 K! Q/ m7 F  y" z- f
7. A) record B) recording C) recorded D) records
+ Y1 G5 H* |: r& ]' g8. A) keeps B) deals C) answers D) solves
" G0 H+ M, @! h7 j  u9. A) meant B) mean C) is meaning D) are meaning9 t( X- C- a: T* w  n# i  s" K
10. A) what B) that C) / D) which8 c  K) t/ D# a4 }
11. A) lay B) lays C) lie D) lies
! t" r6 M6 ^9 R. r+ x12. A) kind B) way C) right D) rule
0 K" A- m* ]& t. r: q) _13. A) like B) so C) that D) as5 [- ?# x# s' j' m. w
14. A) put to use good B0 put to good use C0 put good to use D) good put to use; q1 H" Z5 c/ Y
15. A) by B) at C) for D) with
& O4 P; f5 }% T1 T! aKEY:A C A D B A C D B A C A D B C
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 08:39 , Processed in 0.200851 second(s), 21 queries .