只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 174|回复: 0

[卫生类英语] 2012年职称英语卫生类AB级模拟套题(一)阅读理解及答案2

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 23:57:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第2篇
# G) e1 [7 q! _3 ~3 L. q# nKobe Bryant
4 ?8 u$ {5 k, k- F* v+ zAfter 10 seasons wearing the No. 8 on his back, Kobe Bryant will become No 24 next season. The reason for the surprising decision by the Los Angeles Lakers super guard last week has become a hot topic for debate.7 J1 O( W- {( a$ f3 f
Bryant wore No at when he was in early high school, but he changed to No 33 in his senior year. He switched to No 8 when he was selected by the Lakers in 1996, and has been not changed since.
5 r  u' |, N* Z: P% I! ]Bryant has refused to explain the decision until the end of the play-offs. So guessing Bryant’s motive has become a popular game among NBA fans and newspaper columnists.3 y0 j% O9 m7 q, Z  @6 T
There are all kinds of speculations. Many say that Bryant wants to leave the past behind and have a fresh start. He has often been criticized for playing to benefit himself and not the team as a whole. Others say that he may be trying to compare himself to Michael Jordan. Jordan was famous for his No 23 jersey. Some, such as NBC Sport columnist Michael Ventre, argue that it is “all about money”. Bryant will make more money by selling new jersey to his fans.
4 o* r2 Z; B/ ]( @6 |  sSome speculations are more about fun. For example, there is an opinion that Kobe is actually just a dihard fan of the popular TV drama “24”.
( A1 J3 ~" v& [1 cAll this talk has turned the number changed into a major issue. It seems that there is a lot of fuss over something that should be pretty simple.
* S8 B! _& N$ j* {* aJersey numbers have their own special significance in American sports, especially basketball. Players choose their number when they join a team and they usually stick with that number for the rest of their career. When a great player retires, his team will honor him by retiring his number.5 c) W: V7 {# E% s3 ^
To some extent, the jersey is the player, and the player is jersey. Thus, when you see the famous No 23 for the Chicago Bulls, you immediately think about Michael Jordan. A No 32 Miami Heats jersey recalls the image of Shaquille O’ Neal, and the Houston rockets’ No 11 belongs only to Yao Ming.7 x# V5 p( i1 z: M5 ?
Lots of stories are behind players’ jersey number selections. Jordan said that he choose No 23 because it was roughly half of 45. Jordan’s elder brother wore the No 45 in college. Yao Ming once revealed that the No 11 stands for two people in love – meaning him and his girlfriend Ye Li.6 v; K% M  N% e( R) L! m" s3 K
1. Which team has Bryant played for?
7 U& \1 X" _" s2 j- U# AA. the Los Angels Lakers
2 M; Q) ~' t: v1 x2 ~3 oB. The Houston rockets.& G) f! H$ t1 q) s3 E7 N4 v  `5 D4 T
C. The Chicago Bulls
5 T3 |2 T! k$ ]1 W' |1 H( P( u8 ^D. The Miami Heats! k/ M- l% G  k  W0 I
2.How long has Bryant Wore No 8?# ~  Z. g( f2 e3 N+ D) I6 j; M
A. for two years and a half
, A: U6 J/ u  o5 wB. for ten years! U9 m+ w- Q0 }; G
C. since he entered high school
$ y) }- C0 L+ AD.since he left high school.% G- ]' W( Y" q: ?8 @! H/ Z. L+ p8 w
3. Which of the following is NOT a speculation about Bryant’s motive to change his number?3 r. _, @4 o( R9 E9 E
A. he wants to leave his past behind and have a fresh start2 g7 c" a/ ]* L8 w9 j  w; d
B. he wants to compare himself to Jordan3 B! I  {( o$ w* f9 l0 V. ~) z: R* V
C. he wants to earn more money" ]% ?' E9 t7 m% d
D.he wants to show that he is man of great importance1 }2 Y* Y* J& g+ E
4. Why did Jordan choose No 23?
) |2 P4 b* s2 p& v" P; @* j. BA. because that number would make him famous
/ a3 E# t  A( I' D5 q" FB. because that number will make you miss him/ ^: U% D- E9 v! C
C. because that number was related to the number his brother once wore- ]& O* X5 `2 ]) _7 s' ?
D. because that number was easy to remember4 l2 I" L2 I# V6 z9 [3 a% `0 O
5. What does the number Yao Ming chose stand for?0 Q3 Z, C- H2 d- ~" D, C
A. two long legs" ~" C$ d+ f; D: s
B. two long arms
4 m- [1 \( S+ r" @+ k& BC. two tall people in love
  Y6 ]; k/ ]! ^* e" L. `D. tow big countries% L. U2 D+ m5 i# V
标准答案: A,B,D,C,C
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 02:50 , Processed in 0.149703 second(s), 22 queries .