QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 115|回复: 1

[理工类英语] 职称英语理工类C级补全短文复习资料(一)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
False Fear of Big Fish
, m$ e: ^4 s5 S* _+ ]" D5 j  Many people believe sharks(鲨鱼)are dangerous and will always try to hurt or even kill humans. (46) A shark exhibition at the National Aquarium(水族馆)in Baltimore,US,proves this. Visitors can touch young sharks.see their eggs develop and watch a dozen different species swim smoothly around a huge tank.0 [- j3 ~2 n- T! E( |
  Most people fail to realize that shark attacks don’t happen very often.Humans are mote likely to be killed by lightning than by a shark. (47)There,kids can learn,from an early age,not to fear sharks.3 q( k7 t  n& |# P# Z# t: k1 Q
  ‘'People fear what they don’t know,”said Nancy Hotchkiss。an organizer of the exhibition.“Sharks have been around for 400 million years and play 1til important role in the ocean’s food chain.We want people to discover that sharks are amazing animals that need our respect and protection。”5 A" |2 |/ }( S7 Y$ {9 }( t
  (48)A study ,published in January in the US magazine,Science,found that almost all recorded shark species have fallen by half in the past eight to 15 years.Thousands of sharks are hunted in Asia for special foods,such as shark fin(鱼翅)soup.And many others get caught in nets,while fishermen are hunting other fish. (49) “Some fishing methods are actually cleaning out the ocean for sharks,”said Dave Schofield, the manager of the aquarium’s ocean health program me. (50)
# l: [$ }+ h9 ]4 [  A They can watch them develop inside their eggs and fee! the skin of the older swimmers/ v* t" Y5 {" ?& `( ^; a
  B A shocking 1 00 million sharks are killed every year around the world by humans.$ e8 @7 B$ S, G" \8 y4 |
  C In fact,94 per cent of the world’s 400 species are harmless to humans7 D' j0 ^- T8 S* j. a
  D It is a worrying situation and some areas have put measures in place to protect these special fish. ’- d% K' I6 L8 @1 j+ K, T  g( n
  E And to make this point clear, the museum has set up a special touching pool for children.0 N3 \& n. v9 O6 n
  F More than half of the sharks caught are smaller than 1 metre long.8 m2 A2 S2 p: `  G, m
  题目解析:( U% I5 \% U% U5 Q! U" [
  False (错误的、假的)Fear(恐惧) of Big Fish(大鱼)% a  H! J8 B& d! H
  A They can watch(观察) them develop(发展) inside their eggs(在他们的卵里) and feel(感觉) the skin(皮肤) of the older(年长的) swimmers(游泳者)
1 I4 H/ e5 p0 s9 {* ]! S  B A shocking (令人吃惊的)100 million sharks are killed(被杀) every year around the world(全世界) by human(被人).
7 k8 v( q1 Z4 x1 U) c( P$ h  C In fact,94 per cent (94%)of the world’s 400 species(物种) are harmless(无害的) to humans
! \: a/ D8 D: x/ f1 r, d! g9 O4 f  D It is a worrying(令人担忧的) situation(情况) and some areas(地区) have put measures (措施)in place to protect (保护)these special(特殊的) fish. ’, i+ x9 ]7 e3 g' A) |. Y5 h
  E And to make this point clear(为了清楚地说明这一点), the museum has set up(建立、设立) a special touching pool(触摸池) for children.) j6 g" @8 p  s3 q; u; r2 T
  F More than(超过) half of the sharks caught (被抓住的)are smaller than 1 meter long.
, H3 i* ~. X8 J0 @  Many people believe(认为) sharks(鲨鱼)are dangerous(危险的) and will always try to (试图) hurt(伤害) or even kill(杀死) humans. (46) A shark exhibition(展览) at the National Aquarium(水族馆)in Baltimore,US,proves(证明) this(指示代词,指46空内容。).
5 x0 S3 l# y( t$ D3 u% Y  分析:该段第一句的意思是,很多人认为鲨鱼是危险的,总是试图伤害甚至威胁人类的性命。选项C的意思是:实际上,世界上400多种(鲨鱼)中94%的鲨鱼对人类是无害的。此句的意思和第一句联系起来语意通顺,合乎逻辑,而且后面内容与之联系起来也是浑然一体,故选C。
, r' V- R4 M1 l+ l3 R  Most people fail to(不能够) realize(认识到) that shark attacks(攻击) don’t happen(发生) very often.Humans are more likely to(更有可能) be killed by lightning(闪电) than by a shark. (47)There,kids can learn,from an early age,not to fear sharks.
2 @6 W. ?9 k4 J4 B: }8 h) [: i  分析:该空的关键是后面的there, 应该代指前面的一个地点,所以在选项中只有E具有表示地点的词 And to make this。point clear,,。the museum has set up a special touching pool for children:为了清楚地说明这一点,博物馆专门为孩子们搭建了一个可以进行触摸(鲨鱼)的水池。第二段主要讲鲨鱼并不经常攻击人类,为了证明这一点,博物馆……选项E放入空格处很连贯,与原文意思相符,故E为正确答案。
8 |4 I0 L3 Z! Q: N' Z9 `
4 }: }) R& W4 y) J& n/ P0 U  (48)A study, published(出版) in January in the US magazine,Science,found (发现)that almost all recorded(被记录的) shark species(物种) have fallen(下降) by half (一半)in the past eight to 15 years.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:51 | 显示全部楼层

职称英语理工类C级补全短文复习资料(一)

</p>  分析:此段的第一句被删除了,要求考生补全。空格后面举例说明过去8至15年内鲨鱼种群消亡了多少,选项B(A shocking 100million sharks are killed every year around the world by humans.)显然是本段的主题句,概括本段的意思,故B为正确答案。5 m  C3 h4 K1 H% a
  And many others get caught in nets(用网捕鱼),while(而) fishermen are hunting other fish. (49)
0 L2 O& }' `) Z/ K  分析:空格前面讲的是渔民们捕杀鲨鱼的事情,选项F具体谈到被捕杀的鲨鱼有多大,选项F与前面叙述的内容形成一种逻辑上的连贯关系,故F为正确答案。
& }  B, w2 o; R- M7 F$ q2 v: C  “Some fishing methods(方法) are actually cleaning out(清理) the ocean for sharks,”said Dave Schofield, the manager of the aquarium’s ocean health program . (50)
# _4 \/ P5 b* X: X! V4 A  分析:文章最后一段谈到现在的一些捕鲨方式快把鲨鱼捕尽了,选项D的意思是:这种情况令人担忧,有些地区已经采取措施来保护这些特殊的鲨鱼(It is a worrying situation and some areas have put measures in place t0 protect these special fish.),可见D是正确的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 02:19 , Processed in 0.237832 second(s), 23 queries .