QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 90|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2010年职称英语理工类C级补全短文考点精华(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Fire-Fighting Fabric
3 h. ?2 f: U9 Q$ ~  Each year thousands of people worldwide are killed or seriously injured by fires started in mattresses. 46 . To help prevent fires in crowded public spaces, E. I. Du Pont de Nemours & Co. recently invented a fireresistant fabric(防火织物). The company claims that this fabric significantly reduces the combustibility(易燃性) of mattresses and upholstered(装有套子或垫子的)furniture. In tests conducted by a Boston-based hotel chain, the material has proved very efficient in preventing or delaying the combustion of mattresses and furniture after fires have been started. 47 . California and several other states are considering new regulations that would require the use of fire-resistant furniture in public places (defined as area where 10 or more people gather). 48 . American laws require hotels to buy fire-resistant mattress covers, though covers made of fiber glass(纤维玻璃) and cotton do exist and are used by some companies. 49 .4 a5 I5 f* A3 W+ l7 j
  The Du Pont fabric will sell for less than $5 a yard and it is believed that the market will develop over the next two years. 50 .
4 l( x7 A+ G6 T+ q$ m  A The development of the material is timely. g& ~2 C" t- d2 w, ]( i
  B And last year, England passed a law requiring that all furniture contain fineresistant material
& p# }; a& y' `# X$ z7 \  C The company expects that the competition will be very strong in the market because right now, its product is just one option9 u: a' S4 L2 T
  D And there are some expects6 C( i' r* Q) S" i3 c
  E Often the fires occur in hotels, and are caused by people smoking in bed* M. e1 h  P& F. K/ g
  F However, the cotton covers wash out over time and the fiber glass is not very comfortable
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 17:55 , Processed in 0.170018 second(s), 21 queries .