立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 99|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2013年职称英语理工类C级模拟训练(18)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
阅读下面的短文,文章中有5处空白,文章后面有6组文字,请根据文章的内容选择5组文字,将其分别放回文章原有位置,以恢复文章原貌。请将答案涂在答题卡相应的位置上。  
! ]+ i, F" m1 _, Q( V) c  You Need Courage!
7 \( n0 e& L- c  Shortly after I began a career in business, I learned that Carl Weatherup, president of PepsiCo (百事可乐公司), was speaking at the University of Colorado. I tracked down the person handling his schedule and managed to get myself an appointment. (46) $ @5 ^9 ~( K: T
  So there I was sitting outside the university’s auditorium, waiting for the president of PepsiCo. I could hear him talking to the students…, and talking, and talking. (47) He was now five minutes over, which dropped my time with him down to 10 minutes. Decision time. $ Y) A& t8 o" a7 m
  I wrote a note on the back of my business card, reminding him that he had a meeting. "You have a meeting with Jeff Hoye at 2:30 p.m." I took a deep breath, pushed open the doors of the auditorium and walked straight up the middle aisle (过道) toward him as he talked. Mr. Weatherup stopped. (48) Just before I reached the door, I heard him tell the group that he was running late. He thanked them for their attention, wished them luck and walked out to where I was now sitting, holding my breath. & G: \5 _9 a/ `' o/ x, F) H% W
  He looked at the card and then at me. "Let me guess," he said. "You’re Jeff." He smiled. (49) www.ExamW.CoM
& n( O' Z6 j3 {  He spent the next 30 minutes offering me his time, some wonderful stories that I still use, and an invitation to visit him and his group in New York. But what he gave me that I value the most was the encouragement to continue to do as I had done. (50) When things need to happen, you either have the nerve to act or you don’t. ! f* g0 _3 X# A' u2 {
  A I began breathing again and we grabbed (霸占) an office right there at school and closed the door. . Y$ ]5 a4 [; L9 l8 \4 [. \
  B As I sat listening to him, I knew that I could trust him, and that he deserved every bit of loyalty I could give to him * h: q. T$ |% U7 F( c
  C I became alarmed: his talk wasn’t ending when it should have
8 j, Y! z( ^2 r0 m( f% z# B9 r  D He said that it took nerve for me to interrupt him, and that nerve was the key to success in the business world 9 S& h3 E; m3 w  j7 a/ I2 z0 k. ?% B
  E I was told, however, that he was on a tight schedule and only had 15 minutes available after his talk to the business class.
) s2 W, m5 `* u! Z- j7 ^  F I handed him the card then I turned and walked out the way I came.
. o  d1 v. F3 C$ T2 G( R  答案:46. E 47. C 48. F 49. A 50. D
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 03:07 , Processed in 0.216825 second(s), 21 queries .