立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 150|回复: 1

[理工类英语] 2013年职称英语理工类C级模拟训练(16)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
阅读下面这篇短文,短文后有2项测试 任务:(1)第1-4题要求从所给的6个选项中为第2-5段每段选择1个正确的小标题;(2)第5-8题要求从所给的6个选项中选择4个正确选项,分别完成每个句子。   Carl Sagan# U# O8 D4 [0 K, Q, J
  1. "No one has ever succeeded in conveying the wonder . . . and joy of science as widely . . . and few as well." That praise was given on Carl Sagan when he was honoured with the Public Welfare Medal, the highest award given by the National Academy of Science. On 20 December 1996, Carl Sagan died at age 62 of pneumonia. In my experience, he was much more than a prominent populariser. He was a brilliant scientist with solid achievements.; d# e* ?) _+ o3 k- G8 z; X
  2. I first met Sagan at a meeting of the AAAS-the American Association for the Advancement of Science-where he took part in a session on the Viking Mars Project. When Viking landed on Mars in 1976, it was at a site he had helped select. Then I interviewed him in Washington, D. C., after Mariner had sent back spectacular pictures of the Martian surface. Sagan had acted as a head of one of Mariner's imaging teams. The interview, "Close-up Photos Reveal a Turbulent Mars," appeared in Popular Science in September 1972.0 {/ B4 V, R" q1 ^5 |
  3. I had originally headlined the story "The Red Planed Isn't Dead," but Sagan asked me to change it. "I'm in enough hot water with some of my colleagues as it is," he said, referring to the anger felt by some scientists over his growing fame as a populariser. That fame reached a zenith during his 1980 13-part television series "Cosmos", with an audience of 400 million people in 60 countries. Along the way, he captured Pulitzer Prize for his book The Dragons of Eden.8 C+ g$ M. ^1 o' J5 }
  4. He was noted for the vigour of his logic style, especially when criticizing some piece of pseudoscience. I remembered a 1973 AAAS meeting at which he destroyed the theories of Immanuel Velikovsky, who was maintaining that only a few thousands of years ago, Venus had repeatedly collided with Earth and Mars; events well noted. Velikovsky said, in the bible.# u: l1 p! D8 x% U

' Z. Q, |5 ^; ^8 Y2 `$ I6 ~: x  5. Sagan was often heard observing that drawings of flying saucers never included a door. "How did those creatures of outer space get in and out?" he once asked. Once he said that pseudoscience is embraced in exact proportion as real science is misunderstood.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:51 | 显示全部楼层

2013年职称英语理工类C级模拟训练(16)

</p>  练习:/ R7 @( u) B7 `/ R1 n. z+ W
  1. Paragraph 1 ______________1 S* }/ V" y: s- ?
  2. Paragraph 2 ______________
( S" e0 j( d, o6 h  3. Paragraph 3 ______________$ E+ G/ v* g, X' P; {
  4. Paragraph 5 ______________0 n, w) A; J2 g; r& B6 z* _$ p  {
  A. Sagan as a science populariser. R% d& n0 C0 M# C: ^+ t
  B. Honour Sagan enjoyed8 j( J; a6 a5 b  ~
  C. Sagan's publications7 _8 K0 O7 Z; c; c3 D
  D. Description of the first meeting with Sagan
' N4 |( E7 _! U5 b. o, H7 K5 A% ^  E. Sagan's criticism on pseudoscience
2 {7 r4 u/ g8 Q; |  F. Sagan in trouble with other scientists' u# {0 ]9 X- c5 I/ C2 j. @
  5. In Sagan's opinion, Velikovsky might be ______________.
: U) G! U/ e6 k% `% O  6. With Cosmos and others, Sagan enjoyed his fame as ______________.
5 M4 ]! @- C/ {7 y  7. From the passage we may conclude that the author of the passage may be ______________.: }- g) d- F4 W6 ?
  8. From the description we know that Sagan was ______________.  L. @  _+ @- z. o5 W. w
  A. a member of the National Academy of Science
1 w2 G& o8 u: j4 M+ X5 t+ x  B. a pseudo-scientist
$ |, A# f4 g+ J/ |( o# W: H# L( m  C. a science populariser& \% x& M- Z* B7 d# Q
  D. a reporter
) e7 _1 A& A+ \: h  o" H  E. an astronomer
: J3 l" @4 p4 ]! D" q( e7 s( i  F. a physicist
9 I8 O; ^/ D/ g, c  答案:BDFE BCDE
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 11:01 , Processed in 0.368574 second(s), 23 queries .