立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 88|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2013年职称英语理工类C级模拟训练(08)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 阅读下面的短文,文章中有5处空白,文章后面有6组文字,请根据文章的内容选择5组文字,将其分别放回文章原有位置,以恢复文章原貌。请将答案涂在答题卡相应的位置上。  ) ?# _2 E) o1 j5 H: R

2 }8 o  h. s4 U  Every Dog Has His Say 4 i6 i) E; j! H* X  G" _8 ^
  KIMIKO Fukuda always wondered what her dog was trying to say. Whenever she put on makeup, it would pull at her sleeve. (1) When the dog barks, she glances at a small electronic gadget. The following "human" translation appears on its screen: "Please take me with you." "I realized that’s how he was feeling," says Fukuda.
8 r+ O2 t6 z7 o# o7 q  The gadget is called Bowlingual, and it translates dog barks into feelings. People laughed when the Japanese toymaker Takara Company made the world’s first dog-human translation machine in 2002. But 300,000 Japanese dog owners bought it. (2) - ]# G$ _  Y& ^% y; N# j
  "Nobody else had thought about it," said Masahiko Kajita, who works for Takara, "We spend so much time training dogs to understand our orders; what would it be like if we could understand dogs?"
/ ~9 |3 G6 \5 }& s: ?" k/ z& Y  Bowlingual has two parts. (3) The translation is done in the gadget using a database containing every kind of bark. $ [7 q$ \7 u! l* k  W& T2 r
  Based on animal behaviour research, these noises are divided into six categories: happiness, sadness, frustration, anger, declaration and desire. (4) In this way, the database scientifically matches a bark to an emotion, which is then translated into one of 200 phrases.
5 S- O* M* U: N! f6 I, c  When a visitor went to Fukuda’s house recently, the dog barked a loud "bow wow" (5). It was followed by "I’m stronger than you" as the dog growled and sniffed at the visitor.
! n* E) w! _1 k# f9 E7 N) u  The product will be available in US pet stores this summer for about US$120. It can store up to 100 barks, even recording the dog’s emotions when the owner is away.
: y- Z; F( A6 c9 q+ T  A A wireless microphone is attached to the dog’s collar, which sends information to the gadget held by the owner.
6 h, M  ~4 c5 v) @  B Nobody really knows how a dog feels. www.examw.com
) P' G3 \" s' [6 r3 }. t1 {" `  C This translated as "Don’t come this way". ) K! Q. z( \0 C4 j) [% A
  D More customers are expected when the English version is launched this summer. 2 u/ c8 Y/ ]- ?% N& T
  E Now, the Japanese girl thinks she knows.
, f, R# F; c1 U" N6 e4 j  h  F Each one of these emotions is then linked to a phrase like "Let’s play," "Look at me," or "Spend more time with me."
! R, ~* g/ w5 _& \1 q+ }  答案:1. E  2. D  3. A  4. F  5. C
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 07:25 , Processed in 0.278828 second(s), 21 queries .