QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 131|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 职称英语理工类B级:模拟试题二补全短文

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第五部分:补全短文(每题2分,共10分)
3 @- @, a- z% ^3 }- R阅读下面的短文,文章中有5处空白,文章后有6组文字,请根据文章的内容选择5组文字,将其分别放会文章原有位置,以恢复文章原貌。请将答案涂在答题卡相应的位置。
' C: d) S! o, E  k4 i  bAgitated Sunspot Cause Trouble
4 l, }- F) D( {0 S5 `If the lights in your house keep flickering, blame frequent sunspots.( @$ t5 ?6 l! s. |1 l& N; T
A sunspot is actually charged particles flying at the speed of 3 million kilometers an hour out of the surface of the sun to form sun storms.__1__., Z+ R8 D! x: ]* j; y) i2 o
The earth, which is directly energized by the sun, is influenced by sun storms in a number of ways.
. U8 p: E  _4 b; ^__2__. Wireless short-wave communication, which depends on the wave's reflection against this layer of atmosphere, is likely to be jammed. It is said that mobile phone communication may be affected too.* S2 E7 _8 n5 k( k7 L5 Q' t4 s7 I8 l1 r
__3__. According to a research conducted by the Russian scientists from 1957 to 1960, the frequency of earthquakes can be linked to the movement of the sunspots.
) {) d* N( ^- a4 [$ f" AThough little research has been carried out about how exactly the sunspot will negatively harm the health of the people, a paper/published by a North Korea observatory says that sun storms may cause an increase in the incidence of heart disease and skin disease. __4__.0 c3 e5 W* ], Y. I, V! Y) J
Besides, the nervous system is also affected, and traffic accidents are more frequent when sunspots are active.' {0 L( g8 {0 F
It is hard to say when the sunspots are most violent during their active year, but generally one active period is believed to last possibly eight days. Not long ago there were two violent sun storms breaking out, which seriously affected mobile phone communication, etc. in many parts of the world. __5__.1 P% O' W9 h) T( L/ i3 i
A. Ionosphere is high above the earth.4 V3 h3 o0 J& {: @2 A, r: j# }- l
B. One is that the magnetic filed of the earth is much disturbed because of the sun's interference in the ionosphere which is 80 to 500 kilometers above the earth.
6 v8 f- d, r4 y9 ]# V3 d1 B& \C. Scientists also say that the active movement of the charged sun storm also has effects on earthquakes
$ M/ B3 y" }& N8 G5 v( E6 L9 M& I3 ~D. Every 11 years, the sun, as its energy accumulate inside up to a certain point, will send out streams of charged particles, which affect the earth in different ways
) F2 j% N& E0 j7 s0 V4 _E. But the communication situation in each case returned to normal in about 24 hours.. Z$ J$ o8 s$ P5 S9 Q
F. So, scientists warn that people going outdoors should be careful to protect their exposed skin and eyes with clothes, umbrellas and sunglasses from the strong sunlight rich in ultraviolet rays.$ Z0 e1 C$ _) @6 j' h) m6 S2 d, E0 p! F4 k
参考答案:
5 u1 d5 I( E1 Y" u/ N$ J2 r1. D。词语呼应:D中charged particles与前句呼应, the earth与后句呼应。同时D在句意上与后句衔接。1 l$ g$ w' o. Z9 p! K% d
2. B. B中的one与前句中的 a number of ways呼应,disturb与前句的influence呼应。+ p& l, g3 o3 C% F: f
3. C。C中的earthquakes与后句中的earthquakes呼应。
; x; O4 ~3 K+ U  B% L4 O4. F。F中的skin与前句中的skin disease呼应。: C8 V- N  R3 ?
5. E。E中的communication situation与前句中的phone communication呼应。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 08:04 , Processed in 0.197857 second(s), 21 queries .